Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Trade Tiger To Excel

Trade Tiger has a provision "Snap to Excel" from Market watch. The necessary instructions are given on Sharekhan.com site here-

http://www.sharekhan.com/tradetigernew/Demo/SnaptoExcel/Snap_to_excel.htm

This is similar to what is offered by ODIN. Therefore, once an excel sheet is opened through it, rest of the procedure is same as that of DIET ODIN as explained above.
Please note that you are not supposed to tinker with Excel Sheet opened through TT. You have to link cells in RT3.xlsm to the necessary cells/columns in that sheet by way of formula.
Thereafter you will get quotes in RT3.xlsm

Last edited:

josh1

Yahoo to excel

This option is available in RT3.xlsm. Yahoo gives realtime quotes for ^NSEI that is Nifty only. Rest of the quotes are 20 minutes late, useless for intra-day trading. Hence, I use it to get realtime chart of Nifty only.

This utility was built with the help of Gummy-stuff.org. The url of the site and url of Yahoo from where quotes are fetched is given in the sheet. This sheet fetches Yahoo quotes every three seconds.

Arjun20

NowBackfil.xlsm - This is to be used to backfill to AmiBroker
Dear josh
since u have requested not to post anything in thread till the time u finish up everything, i decided to send PM. But your PM was off, hence posting here.Pardon me...

Just a small query : The quoted line caught my attention. Will ur utility have Backfill facility ?. In my area getting uninterrupted connectvity is a dream. Also i am a non-tech person, so was not able to get any clue regd this from posts.

pls reply

josh1

Backfill.........

Approx. 15 days 1 min. OHLC data is available from NOW/Nest plus/Nest Trader. ODIN also has data available. SR114/Sikandar will be able to explain that. These can be used for FnO and index. I am not aware what is offered by Trade Tiger. Users of TT will have to explore.

For Cash scrips, Data Downloader by Joydeep can be still used. It can download 10 days 1 min. OHLC data from Google. Good for bulk backfill.

I shall deal with Backfill later. Those in a hurry can see my previous thread where it is adequetly explained.

Last edited:

sr114

Josh1

ODIN has market movement option [ fno - Crtl+F12, equity: Shift+F12] which contains the intraday data in different tf starting from 1 min. backfill can be done taking data from here but it will bwe totally manual process. just some mcros can be written to semi automate the proces.

The entire process is defined in details in Rohitb's post - for further clarification look there.

In Nest Plus, sometimes the past data contain zeroes in OHLC column, pls have a look there before backfilling. In equity i have not seen these , but in commodity part the occurrence of zeroes are more prevalent. so be careful before backfilling

regards
sr114

josh1

In Nest Plus, sometimes the past data contain zeroes in OHLC column, pls have a look there before backfilling. In equity i have not seen these , but in commodity part the occurrence of zeroes are more prevalent. so be careful before backfilling

regards
sr114
SR114,
Append this line at the end of Nest.format and check

$NOQUOTES 1

:)

josh1

ODIN and Trade Tiger Users... If "Last Trade Time" is not available in Mktwatch....

We have to use your system time to record the quotes.

Type this in the "Last Traded Time" column against each scrip. That will bring system time in the excel sheet. There will be no need to change the code. I cannot change the earlier post now.

=Text (NOW(), "hh:mm:ss")

Status
Not open for further replies.