Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Hi josh sir, i am using the utility for about four months and it's working nicely in my laptop(window XP), I recently purchased an ASUS netbook, it comes with Window 7 Starter, in this netbook whenever i start RTnow ticks come to Ami but old data is disappeared, but when i backfill for a symbol, all old data for all symbols come back so what should i do so that i do not need to backfill every time when i start RTnow even at 9:15 am?
You have to reinstall AMIBroker in your ASUS. You may not have installed it properly. Check in Help -- About AMIBroker whether it is registered. Else it does not save data

josh1

josh ,

during intraday hours ...if net connection remain disconnected for say 10 minutes ...and I loos candles during this times in Ami chart.

Is there any way to get back those price candles into the chart ?

Or do you suggest to back fill everything again from the beginning ?

Looking for a quicker approach.
Unfortunately, there is no quicker approach. However, you may copy selective data for lost time into NOWBackfill so that you don't have to backfill all data.

josh1

Hi Joshi,
In your amibroker quote ( tick database) how much time difference you see between 2 consecutive quotes ? Mine has 5 sec difference due to which i am missing quotes quotes between 5 seconds. Earlier i thought issue was with frequency of sending data form excel but issue is with amibroker, how its storing and displaying data.
Its not showing every tick but with a 5 second difference. How yours is working ?

Regards
You can reduce the refresh period to 1 sec. However, it will not be possible to get every tick into AMIBroker. That requires change of code.

Vertigo_1985

You can reduce the refresh period to 1 sec. However, it will not be possible to get every tick into AMIBroker. That requires change of code.
Can you elaborate ? changes in which part of the code ?
i checked in amibroker site, they have mentioned that tick chart is available only using eSignal RT, Interactive Brokers, DDE feed. Maybe that's the reason. Your views...

Last edited:

josh1

Can you elaborate ? changes in which part of the code ?
i checked in amibroker site, they have mentioned that tick chart is available only using eSignal RT, Interactive Brokers, DDE feed. Maybe that's the reason. Your views...
We are exporting data from excel to a text file and importing it into AMI at specified refresh period. Excel accepts time up to a second so we can export as fast as one second. For every tick, we will have to ask excel to export on change in sheet. The code will differ.

DDE may be able to take each and every tick. However, DDE is dead technology. Soon you will discover the problems of DDE.

Each and every tick is required if you have automated your trading and your program is doing scalping in the market. Otherwise, in my opinion 3 second tick is sufficient for normal trading.

josh1

Sir,

Apart from adding the ATP column in NOW, and in RTNOW, and making the changes in the import format part, do we need to make any changes in the
macros in Excel?

Please send me your email contact.(I cannot send you a PM).

[email protected].
No change in macro required. Note that there should be no gaps in columns i.e. excel exports data up last column having data on right side and last full row down.
By the way, Why do you want average trade Price? A moving average does the same thing. You can have simple, exponential, moving average of whichever period you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.