Scalping NSE F&O difficult ?

toughard

Well I did not keep a stop loss as I was expecting the Nifty to correct quite a bit as the euphoria of the election results would die down once results out!

what is the ratio of your portfolio that employed on this trade?

gunsho

33% of my portfolio
How is your Risk Reward plans generally? Reading here, you are risking 11+ points for 3 points. Wish you will get that 14 before expiry. But what if not? You are willing to lose 33% of ur portfolio to gain 8-9%? Doing that way, one losing trade can take away 4 winning trades profit right? :confused: Can you throw some light on your plans? Tx.

toughard

33% of my portfolio
Glad you have 67% left...
for such trades do not employe 2-5%... even now you can try this...
always keep your number of chances/trades more... stay alive in the market...

How is your Risk Reward plans generally? Reading here, you are risking 11+ points for 3 points. Wish you will get that 14 before expiry. But what if not? You are willing to lose 33% of ur portfolio to gain 8-9%? Doing that way, one losing trade can take away 4 winning trades profit right? :confused: Can you throw some light on your plans? Tx.
Hope I get 14/- before May expiry. I was risking it thinking the correction would help me get the profit. But it seems market in no mood to correct that much.
No plans, I was just basing it on the correction after election euphoria and I got stuck!

My 50,000 is stuck in the 6500 PE May position and thats 33% of my capital. I have additional 1 Lac that I can buy something that will nullify the 50,000 loss and also get me a profit.
So what do you think is a good buy for 1 Lac and has the potential to nullify the loss too ? Thanks

_Rajesh_

My 50,000 is stuck in the 6500 PE May position and thats 33% of my capital. I have additional 1 Lac that I can buy something that will nullify the 50,000 loss and also get me a profit.
So what do you think is a good buy for 1 Lac and has the potential to nullify the loss too ? Thanks
Please do not take this the wrong way. I am saying it with the best of intentions.

You are on the road to blowing your account. Please stop trading immediately and educate yourself on risk/reward and money management. There are no sure trades, it is all a game of probabilities. Go through the forum. There is a lot of education.

Scalping seems easy when you look at the price movement, but risking Rs. 12 to earn Rs. 3 is a sureshot way to bankruptcy.

Read this post by SmartTrade. RR in a nutshell.

http://www.traderji.com/futures/890...post922732.html?highlight=bankrupt#post922732

Rest is up to you.

gunsho

Hope I get 14/- before May expiry. I was risking it thinking the correction would help me get the profit. But it seems market in no mood to correct that much.
No plans, I was just basing it on the correction after election euphoria and I got stuck!
Risking is fine. Thats the only way to make money in trading. But how much we risk is very important. In this trade, you seems to be just going with gut feeling. It may or may not work. And you don't want to keep any SL. which means you are risking entire 11 Rs. As toughard says, you can play with 2-3%. RR is very important. Else you may win for an year or two and then 2-3 wrong trades can wipe out entire portfolio...