SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

Hmm !!! Trading is tough in this case,spread may increase..turnover will drop !!! we will see lot more traders opening training schools :p
But if traders cannot trade, who will join these schools and waste money on trading schools ?

Satya.

Beginners and small retail traders will lose money more easily in Stock F&O than before bcoz less liquid script is dangerous to trade. Also, a less volume script is easy to manipulate. Pretty immature action from SEBI!
dey wer loosin dat tym also wen lot sz n margin was small

95% trdrs loosin frm yrs,dey hv bigger dent dan me,so it'd b really better if dey trd cash mrkt peacefully
isnt it f9 if dey shift 2 EQ cash mrkt n trd safe,small wisely n build capita frm der?

i knw,if i m a looser,i'd b out sooner o later,sm day my expiry is der in stck mrkt.

bt if we(smll trdrs lyk me) hv smthng,we'd make it.

i thought,sebi wnts 2 do discrimination based on netwrth/itr linking,bt dats nt d case at all.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
dey wer loosin dat tym also wen lot sz n margin was small
They will be loosing more due to the bad effect of trading in a less liquid script. That effect is extra now! Cash trading is exactly NOT a replacement of future trading. You can't positional short using cash.
Beginners lose more due to intraday trading. Intraday trading is much harder than positional trading.
And option loose premium quickly in ranges, so positional trading with future has no replacement with either intraday cash trading or options trading.
Small retail positional traders trading with future will lose money more easily if try to trade intraday cash.

Last edited:

XRAY27

But if traders cannot trade, who will join these schools and waste money on trading schools ?
Da !!! Thats why many are conducting weekly classes/webinars etc.in hurry , !!! Anyway full picture of SEBI will be known in coming months

vikas2131

They will be loosing more due to the bad effect of trading in a less liquid script. That effect is extra now! Cash trading is exactly a replacement of future trading. You can't positional short using cash.
Beginners lose more due to intraday trading. Intraday trading is much harder than positional trading.
And option loose premium quickly in ranges, so positional trading with future has no replacement with either intraday cash trading or options trading.
Small retail positional traders trading with future will lose money more easily if try to trade intraday cash.
This 50 percent increase in margin will definitely hit the the liquidity and if this net worth stuff is added to this, even we are going to have hard time trading in market .

After this margin increase, there would be even more stiff resistance against net-worth linking. May be they are facing stiff resistance against net-worth linking that is why they did it . Cn't ignore the fact that they conveniently left out option buying from margin increase.

This 50 percent increase in margin will definitely hit the the liquidity and if this net worth stuff is added to this, even we are going to have hard time trading in market .

After this margin increase, there would be even more stiff resistance against net-worth linking. May be they are facing stiff resistance against net-worth linking that is why they did it . Cn't ignore the fact that they conveniently left out option buying from margin increase.
No question of increase in margin on options buying brokers are taking full amount upfront

Last edited: