SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

My simple question is can't we stop this move of SEBI by challenging in court and at least make it status quo for 3-4 years. I live in a small town those living in capital can contact any lawyer of high court or supreme court and share the view here
I have my own doubts if we can delay by more than 5-6 months at the most......

ST

I am preparing for the worst and if SEBI will implement his decision then i will start new business venture...
Tea stall and pakoda ka thela ( चाय की थड़ी और पकौड़े का ठेला ) in front of the SEBI office.........:DD:mad::troll::DD

These roadside businesses are very tough to run and one has to a street smart for such businesses. We have to keep local corporators,police,local goons satisfied and then these business needs 10 hours work min. But they make good money. I have just for information studies the complete economics of my local vada-pav and chai vendor.....he earns more than Rs 2 Lakhs per month after paying all the payoffs...

ST

Last edited:

NJ78

My simple question is can't we stop this move of SEBI by challenging in court and at least make it status quo for 3-4 years. I live in a small town those living in capital can contact any lawyer of high court or supreme court and share the view here
SEBI hasn't announced or done anything officially yet so we don't know how exactly this net worth thing is going to affect us. We just know that they're going to limit our participation in unprecedented ways which is the reason for all this turmoil. Once they spell out their "official stance" (emphasis on official stance) in clear & objective terms then we've got a case. Till then, we can only anticipate, prepare & connect the dots.

sridhga

Earlier, I was looking to float a company for share trading. Company has its own advantages. But as per RBI you cannot float a Finance company as it would become an NBFC and for NBFC minimum share capital required is Rs. 2 crores. That is much beyond my budget. However, you can float a company with less capital if that company is regulated by other regulators such as SEBI. For example, you can float a company for Brokerage or Sub-Brokerage.

Then to further find out, I did more research.(More so because such research is close to my professional work).

Let me tell you the funny part. You can form LLP and then trade through them with less capital. That is because, LLP is like a partnership firm and RBI does not regulate them.

Now let us check all the options to continue our trading in the new emerging scenario. Maybe we could find some solutions. Like trying to Trade on SGX in Indian Futures etc. If SEBI is going to close doors in this country, then God Bless SGX.;)

I do not mind travelling to the USA and floating a company there to trade international markets. I do know that for day trading, you need a minimum of USD 25K in your account. But everything else is hassle free.

But trading abroad is not always a solution. We need to find ways.
I intend to religiously increase my balance in my trading account.

I guess brokers are happy with this. Since our account balances with them increase.

Last edited:
These roadside businesses are very tough to run and one has to a street smart for such businesses. We have to keep local corporators,police,local goons satisfied and then these business needs 10 hours work min. But they make good money. I have just for information studies the complete economics of my local vada-pav and chai vendor.....he earns more than Rs 2 Lakhs per month after paying all the payoffs...

ST

Dear ST bro,

I know it very well and i am just kidding and try to lighten this cumbersome and stressful atmosphere .

HEM

Earlier, I was looking to float a company for share trading. Company has its own advantages. But as per RBI you cannot float a Finance company as it would become an NBFC and for NBFC minimum share capital required is Rs. 2 crores. That is much beyond my budget. However, you can float a company with less capital if that company is regulated by other regulators such as SEBI. For example, you can float a company for Brokerage or Sub-Brokerage.

Then to further find out, I did more research.(More so because such research is close to my professional work).

Let me tell you the funny part. You can form LLP and then trade through them with less capital. That is because, LLP is like a partnership firm and RBI does not regulate them.

Now let us check all the options to continue our trading in the new emerging scenario. Maybe we could find some solutions. Like trying to Trade on SGX in Indian Futures etc. If SEBI is going to close doors in this country, then God Bless SGX.;)

I do not mind travelling to the USA and floating a company there to trade international markets. I do know that for day trading, you need a minimum of USD 25K in your account. But everything else is hassle free.

But trading abroad is not always a solution. We need to find ways.
I intend to religiously increase my balance in my trading account.

I guess brokers are happy with this. Since our account balances with them increase.
I had a similar thing going for me. I infact even incorporated a partnership firm and took all the necessary permissions to trade. IMHO, or atleast according to my CA friend, I was told that the 2 cr requirement is when someone requests for deposits from the general public in order to trade. Also for that to happen to one needs to have a personal net worth of Rs 2 cr too.

sridhga

I had a similar thing going for me. I infact even incorporated a partnership firm and took all the necessary permissions to trade. IMHO, or atleast according to my CA friend, I was told that the 2 cr requirement is when someone requests for deposits from the general public in order to trade. Also for that to happen to one needs to have a personal net worth of Rs 2 cr too.

2 CR limit is for all NBFCs
Check it here:

https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=92

Precisely, look at the reply to Q No.4 on that page.

Last edited: