Sharekhan TradeTiger is not free from May 01, 2014

If you trade intraday or investment and generating around Rs1000/ month as brokerage you can use free of cost.
If you pay Rs10000 +tax per year and year end your brokerages are above Rs10000 you can claim the amount(excluding the tax).
As they found many of traders logging in and not trading at all so they are facing server issues or may some other technical issues so they started charging on it.

TradeOptions

If you trade intraday or investment and generating around Rs1000/ month as brokerage you can use free of cost.
If you pay Rs10000 +tax per year and year end your brokerages are above Rs10000 you can claim the amount(excluding the tax).
As they found many of traders logging in and not trading at all so they are facing server issues or may some other technical issues so they started charging on it.
Yes, a lot of guys have been using sharekhan just for the sake of watching charts etc. and they do all their real trading at other brokers. So to stop this kind of behavior, they had to impose these kind of restrictions.

TradeOptions

Can someone clarify about this Rs1000/ month brokerage condition ?
What is the brokerage rate that they are charging in this scheme ? Is it .01 paisa or what ? Or if they are charging something like Rs 20 per trade ?

Thanks

This charge is only for ones who have not traded at all for quite a while (they term it as Inactive).

as per the communication from SK guys... one has to start trading activity in order to use TT for free... i think.. one also has to generate x amount of brokerage to qualify... but i m sure it is not as high as 1000 / month.
contact customer service for any doubts.

Its a good move as a lot of people were simply using TT but were trading somewhere else....hence with this move, genuine customers can now get faster and easier access to the terminal. :thumb::thumb::clapping::clapping:

suri112000

Sharekhan cannot achieve its objective simply because it has not reduced its steep brokerage. It has two options. One - reduce brokerage and try to compete with discount brokers by making charting free as an added service. Two - Keep brokerage at its peak as usual and charge for TT and thus loose any interest left in traders trading in Sharekhan.

To give better service to the clinets, it should opt out to increase its servers capacity but not by weeding out the on and off traders. Give the best brokerage deals like discount brokers, and see how many really want to leave Sharekhan.

If Sharekhan doesnot understand this simple logic, its digging its own grave.:clap:

Biker

I opened an account with sharekhan today. In a/c opening form this charge was mentioned which I brought notice to sales guy and asked him to strike out the paragraph if he wants to open a/c with me.

I think such strategies are bad. Instead of lowering brokerages they are weeding out whatever client base they have.

Hello members,

I am trying to draw points of distinction between two of the widely used platforms in the market.
Trade Tiger and Odin Diet.

It would be great if members who have used either of the platforms post their individual views regarding the terminal so that we can draw comparisons between the two.

It seems apparent right now that very few members have traded on both. Therefore, the only means to draw comparisons is by compiling views from people who have used either of the two.

Please follow the link to the thread:
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trad...e-tiger-2.html

Thanks and happy trading!

:)