SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

Dear tradewith hunter,

Congrats for such a simple and low risk strategy.:thumb:

Can we trade this setup on intraday 30 min or 1Hr?Have u tested this for

intraday?

Atul - you can try trading this on intraday but it is less succesful. If you are trading it on 30 mins/60 mins you will need to carry overnight positions which means a gap up/down can skew the EMAs pretty quickly. This strategy would work on intraday time frames in trending markets ...

but two small doji days would give you enough whipsaws on intraday time frames to kill all your profits....

I am working on a different intraday system that will use 315 as well as one of the component and i will share it here on TJ soon.

Till then .. my suggestion, use 315 to trade on EOD timeframed.

On a similar note - if there are any traders here who hold equities as long term investments as well... I strongly recommend them to keep weekly 315 in perspective .. exit investments as soon as weekly 315 turns bearish and enter again only on a bullish crossover... TRY IT ... YOU WOULD NEVER REPENT THEN FOR BEING AN INVESTOR!! Used caps coz I can bet my arms and teeths if you still find unhappy investors after using weekly 315 for 5 years as investors! It will make you ride the bull market.. will make you exit almost close to the top .. will keep you out while markets are in bear grip and will make you start buying again at close to the bottom on the first sight of long term bulls returning.. TRY IT!!

I hope some Mutual fund managers are reading this too !!

Cheers
Stockhunter (SH)

Last edited:

spiritunit

That's great TH! I am also eagerly waiting for the intraday strategy that gets success most of the time.

Now, I am very much control with my shares with this 315 strategy, as before got confused on exit, where I don't have any strategy earlier when to sell those shares.

Thanks for your excellent work. Cheers!

where can I veiw the charts. I am trying to view the charts in nseindia.com. I do not find the EMA's.
which is the ideal charts to swing trade a script.
I am a novice. if this questions are very silly, kindly excuse me. Would some one explain swing trading from a,b,c that is from the first step. I am not able to follow the abbreviations also.

prasadam

where can I veiw the charts. I am trying to view the charts in nseindia.com. I do not find the EMA's.
which is the ideal charts to swing trade a script.
I am a novice. if this questions are very silly, kindly excuse me. Would some one explain swing trading from a,b,c that is from the first step. I am not able to follow the abbreviations also.
http://www.icharts.in/charts.html

bandlab2

Hi TWH,

Can you put all the rules in the first post of the first page itself. right now they are in different pages, this helps to see all the details at one place. this thread is growing long,so we may miss some important points

thanks

Hi TWH,

Can you put all the rules in the first post of the first page itself. right now they are in different pages, this helps to see all the details at one place. this thread is growing long,so we may miss some important points

thanks

Hi Bandlab - is there a way I can post something straightaway on the first page now?

Or do you mean I should go and Edit my first post ?

Cheers
SH

ag_fx

Quick update on the open positions.

Nifty - Exited at 4598 (no profit no loss) and now waiting for an entry signal.

ICICI Bank - still holding with SL 760 (my entry point).

DLF - still holding longs since 315 has not yet confirmed sell.

RIL - Holding longs with SL 2032

Cheers
SH
Would you please update your positions here?

If I am not wrong, this is what the current position must be:

Nifty: Short today at around 4415 levels.

ICICI must have hit the stop on 05th Aug 2009. It must be in short now at close to 720 levels.

DLF: Must have been shorts today around 365 levels. But where did you gout out from your longs?

RIL: stops of 2032 must have been hit. must not be having any position there.

Plz update.

Happy Trading

bandlab2

yes, you need to edit the post. may be u can edit post # 6 since it has some details on the method

Would you please update your positions here?

If I am not wrong, this is what the current position must be:

Nifty: Short today at around 4415 levels.

ICICI must have hit the stop on 05th Aug 2009. It must be in short now at close to 720 levels.

DLF: Must have been shorts today around 365 levels. But where did you gout out from your longs?

RIL: stops of 2032 must have been hit. must not be having any position there.

Plz update.

Happy Trading
Ankit : Yes you are right. My current position is as below.

Nifty - yes, shorted yesterday before close at 4419 and holding shorts.

ICICI - yes, stopped out at 760 hence no profit or loss. NOw shorted yesterday at 714 and holding.

DLF : yes, exited shorts at 362 yesterday (33 point loss or Rs 26400 loss on 1 lot) and now in shorts from the same levels and still holding.

Reliance : yes, Exited RIL yesterday at 2032 so no profit and loss. Entered longs again today at 2054 (previous days highs breached) and still holding.

Cheers
SH