SH's swing trading system - a simple way to play the markets

Dear Friends

I came across one of the blog. They give below link to get 30 min data(nifty spot) from google finance.

=ImportData("http://www.google.com/finance/getprices?q=NIFTY&x=NSE&i=1800&p=2d&f=d,o,h,l,c,v&df=cpct&auto=60&ts=1266701290")

Just open the google spread sheet and paste in A1 column. We will get the data.

Using this we will calculate SH's Calculations. Please help.

Please see the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjkHw_ormZBjdG5aWHVkN3psLVZtUlljQ0xla0JvT0E

Suggestions are welcome.

Hi,

Today I have shorted SBI @2117 after 15EMA touch (After 11pm candle) SL @2135..
Today price hit SL...Just want to confirm whether it's a correct entry and SL..

trade4joisar

Hi,

Today I have shorted SBI @2117 after 15EMA touch (After 11pm candle) SL @2135..
Today price hit SL...Just want to confirm whether it's a correct entry and SL..
I have not checked throughout all its past trades as per this strategy.

But this is my observation.

Yesterday, it touched 15 ema & then made new low i.e. 2095, so bear SAR was 2130.

Today, it breaked bear SAR @ 10:30 with high of 2134, so actually you have to go long @ 2125 (1:30 candle) with SAR as 2095.

I have not checked throughout all its past trades as per this strategy.

But this is my observation.

Yesterday, it touched 15 ema & then made new low i.e. 2095, so bear SAR was 2130.

Today, it breaked bear SAR @ 10:30 with high of 2134, so actually you have to go long @ 2125 (1:30 candle) with SAR as 2095.

Hello,

Yesterday it didn't touch 15 EMA (According to iCharts, High was 2130.25 and 15EMA was 2130.76) So SAR is still 2185. Should I consider the case as "touched"?

Please let me know..

Last edited:

trade4joisar

Hello,

Yesterday it didn't touch 15 EMA (According to iCharts, High was 2130.25 and 15EMA was 2130.76) So SAR is still 2185. Should I consider the case as "touched"?

Please let me know..
You are right.

But today SH was talking about reverse from few points from 15 ema then it should be your TSL. But i am not sure if this to be taken as SAR. SH can clarify on this.

You are right.

But today SH was talking about reverse from few points from 15 ema then it should be your TSL. But i am not sure if this to be taken as SAR. SH can clarify on this.
Sir,

Actually I have just started to follow this. I have 2 queries-

1) Suppose our SAR is 2130, you said, 10:30 candle crossed that. Should not we take position at that time? because if SAR is broken by 1 points, we should stop and reverse our position.So I can take position at 10:30 candle itself. Or we need to wait for more confirmation.

2) Exit rule:
i) At GFZ, we can book profit.
ii) What is the second rule on 3EMA. Should I look at 30 min candle or daily candle for that?
iii) Is there any other exit rule?