SH's swing trading system - a simple way to play the markets

I dont mean to object or anything but here is what i observed..

Your GFZ and bands are according to Alexander Elder if i am not wrong??

He says the envelopes should be like a shirt that fits perfectly and only the head and the arms are out, i.e., 95% of prices have to be inside the envelopes and only the noise and highs should be outside. Here 1.5% on 30mins and 15mins doesnt satisfy that condition and thats the reason this setup got whipsaws. The 1.5% envelopes are too wide for 30min or 15min TF.. Also NF range is very small too to trade shorter TFs(According to the rules laid down by Alexander Elder in his book "Come into my Trading Room").. Although i guess we are trading trends and not ranges..

Also, he mentioned that you should always review your indicators after certain period.. In NF case, the NF has been trading in tight ranges and so the envelopes' settings had to be considered again..

Again, every system has whipsaws and we need to tweak and use our intellect while trading, time and again.. (Something like this was also said by Alexander Elder)..

Finally i would though like to thank you for you contributions here..

I am but an amateur and forever a student of markets.. Sorry if i am wrong and wont mind to be corrected..

Thanks

Try 0.90%.. Almost fits like a shirt (according to Dr Alexander Elder).. It can be a bit subjective in nature..

Last edited: