Standalone or consolidated. Which one to consider?

Mr.G

For the retail investor? None. You will need to ask the investor relations department of the concerned company for a break up and comprehensive report. These are publicly available but unpublished. I get ALL my information from the company. If you even buy one share, you are legally entitled to all the information you require, unless the management thinks otherwise.

It is just an email away. Other wise, you can find the accounts of all listed subsidiaries on the net, then relate it to the consolidated report.

@Einstein

I could not find statistical significant relationship between BHEL and exchange rate so I would not comment on that.

BHEL has already rallied 40% in past couple of months but I am not sure if it can be a multi-bagger in near term. Company has structural challenges, its working capital needs has increased, however, revenues have not increased inline with working cap.

Its EBITDA margins are declining and next couple of years might be crucial for this company. This whole sector is going through pricing war because of overcapacity which would impact its profitability. I like its div yield which is around 4% and strong financials.

Einstein

@Einstein

I could not find statistical significant relationship between BHEL and exchange rate so I would not comment on that.

BHEL has already rallied 40% in past couple of months but I am not sure if it can be a multi-bagger in near term. Company has structural challenges, its working capital needs has increased, however, revenues have not increased inline with working cap.

Its EBITDA margins are declining and next couple of years might be crucial for this company. This whole sector is going through pricing war because of overcapacity which would impact its profitability. I like its div yield which is around 4% and strong financials.
very correct, its a strong company with flat earnings to be short, i believe its trading at a bargain price, half of what it should be, Its a fair company at wonderful price.
if India starts buying infrastructure equipment from domestic suppliers then it can be very profitable..
add: looking for post QE tapering opportunities.

Managers and investors alike must understand that accounting numbers are the beginning, not the end, of business valuation.

bty, im not buying it until it shows this in its's quarterly report card.

Last edited: