Staring At Massive MTM Losses - What Should I do Now?

What Should I do Now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDreamer

TraderRavi

low risk profile
What was the primary concern? excitement/ fun/ hedging/ gambling/ trade execution? :)

Krish, at least one can understand that... :D

yeah... the notional loss was Rs. 1,44,000 to be precise... ask Thomson & Thompson... ;)
I can imagine his condition when CE was @ 30.....thats why he exited at first sign of profit.....:D

I can imagine his condition when CE was @ 30.....thats why he exited at first sign of profit.....:D
True that. That is what I am trying to perfect. I need to overcome the first wave of relief after being in continuous piercing pressure. There was no hurry to shed off my position when the market outlook had become strongly positive.

What was the primary concern? excitement/ fun/ hedging/ gambling/ trade execution? :)

Krish, at least one can understand that... :D

yeah... the notional loss was Rs. 1,44,000 to be precise... ask Thomson & Thompson... ;)
All well that ends well...:clapping: But this was not my worst gamble yet:rofl: How about taking position at 20, averaging it to 15.6 only to see it go to 2, but you end up miraculously selling it at 16.1 because there was a sudden spurt from 2 to 24, all on the February expiry day in the last hour or so. So, yeah...I am perfecting my gambling skills. I would rather not put my lot size for fear of your notional loss figure.

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
And I'm thinking of exiting partly (or fully) even without the first sign of profit (say, at 10k loss). It's a Jaan Hain Toh Jahaan Hain psychology! :D
see one can look into this like ..if someone is 50000 in loss MTM.....so if he exits at 10000 loss ....that means profit of 40000.........:D...see positive thinking....;)