Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

saivenkat

@ Amit.. Somewhere in the early part of this thread .. i think you gave a list of stocks,..that is in list of your buys.... when nifty hits 52 week low.. Please give me the link to that post..

My questions are:
1) Do you still go with the list of stocks that you had..?
2) Have you made any changes, any + or - to it /
3) What would be the ideal price zone, that you would like to invest.. if time permits pls mention the price zone to buy them..
4) Finally.. i need your views on SHARON- BIO, Deepak fertilisers, Capital first.

Thanks and Rgds

@ Amit.. Somewhere in the early part of this thread .. i think you gave a list of stocks,..that is in list of your buys.... when nifty hits 52 week low.. Please give me the link to that post..

My questions are:
3) What would be the ideal price zone, that you would like to invest.. if time permits pls mention the price zone to buy them..
4) Finally.. i need your views on SHARON- BIO, Deepak fertilisers, Capital first.

Thanks and Rgds
Sai Bro..... although you asked....to Amit....my 2 cents about Deepakfert......this stocks....looks very weak for short term...present volume also not good....but if you long term Investor.....then don't need to worried...strong support....143/140..good resi.... above 160.....and 170.....:thumb:

saivenkat

Thanks for your suggestions.. Raj bro.. Your Opinion always carry heavy weights.. that which i respect as always.. :thumb:

The technical aspect of a stock.. i could manage.. but regarding the Fundamental analysis.. of a scrip.. from the investment point of view.. i could hardly understand.. what people speak off.. so.. i thought of seeking valued opinion from experts like Amit..here..

Keep in touch br:) ..

Regards

jamit_05

My questions are:

Thanks and Rgds

That post is here.

Valuations are not appealing anymore. These stocks are expensive.

I made an oversight. While I studied the fundamentals of companies and learned to identify the good ones from bad, what I failed to realize was trying to time the stocks for fundamental purchase does not work. I tried to do it like in trading, wait for a setup etc. However, in buying stocks for long term, looking for setups doesn't work. If a good company is at a good valuation, as in its NOT expensive, then SIP should start anytime soon.

These well established companies, 24-carat gold standard, are now way too expensive.

For ex. Petronet LNG, a great company with a stable future and a quick moving inventory. Its PE is now 20..... I have seen a PE of 9.5 not even a year ago! Its expensive.

Its the same story for all of these.

Now, I believe I have only one option, that I wait it out. Let Nifty come back to a PE of sub 15 or 17. And as sure as the rising sun, I will start my journey as an investor, without further delay.

In the meantime, if I come across some killer annual report I will post about it.

oilman5

Nifty is 80 pt down, with advance/decline =0.25, very negative
Auropharma- positive 1% , so good for 1month trade, target 780 within Aug'14
....................................................................................
5% up move today, So this option based sure may hit 800 within this month (another 3 week left- 4day week)

jamit_05

B-Group got battered today. Some more correction is probably on the cards. In this, will seek good companies that are not doing so well. For ex. Bhel. Eil.

It has been seen in the past. The lower groups fall first. They are smaller and more vulnerable, hence have larger beta. Then, if the weakness in the economy is still there, then the 'A' group start correcting.

Last edited:

saivenkat

Cyclical Stocks currently in a downcycle
---------------------------------------
(to be bought in corrections)

1) ACC
2) BHEL
3) Engineers India

4) IDFC
5) Gail
6) Maharashtra Seamless
Post number 692 quoted here
Is is good time to buy in parts the EIL from hereon?

Catch22

Index is bound to touch sub 5000 levels after General Election. Then the real correction will come, good companies will get even cheaper.

What is happening is, when Index goes up, Bad sectors stay flatish. When Index goes down they crash. I am expecting to buy most good companies at 2008 levels and the rest even lower.

I do not think it is too much to ask for, 2008 was only 5 years ago and the world economy has only been in a recession or at least not growing strongly since then.
Thank You Sir.

jamit_05

Don't read all that speculative gunk, so I have learned. Focus on the discussion about companies. Read those posts. And looking ahead, lets work towards getting some really good business into our portfolios.

As far as the investment process is concerned. I do not wish to discuss the direction anymore, but only good companies and attractive valuations.