Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

jamit_05

Doing research on Petrochina, ConocoPhillips and Posco, will post my views and conclusion :)
Einstein,

Your efforts will be much appreciated if you direct them towards researching companies listed in India which we can buy :)

The mid-cap sector has much potential.

jamit_05

Re: Current State of affairs in Capital Goods and Eng. Cos.

ok,thanks...any winner stock for short term...or long term..
Quite a few. But are all very expensive right now. I think clear opportunities for long term investment will arise only after the general election next year.

We have time till then to make a list of top 10 stocks to buy for the next 10 years :)

Quite a few. But are all very expensive right now. I think clear opportunities for long term investment will arise only after the general election next year.

We have time till then to make a list of top 10 stocks to buy for the next 10 years :)
How to select and find stocks (for short term 1 to 3 months).......or any calculation....or any websites....

Mr.G

Ok, how to evaluate the stocks...what are the check list and parameters...
You can learn how to evaluate stocks with same effectiveness of amit and I, after reading a small library of incredibly thick books with incredibly small fonts. :thumb: Best of luck. I hope amit and einstein will agree. :rofl:

Einstein

Einstein,

Your efforts will be much appreciated if you direct them towards researching companies listed in India which we can buy :)

The mid-cap sector has much potential.
Yes yes, my core intention is to invest in indian companies, actually im just testing my valuation methods, for example, warren buffet bought petrochemical in 2002 petrochina was traded around 15$ a share at that time, in an interview he told an reporter that he made about 3.5 billion on an investment of 450 million$, an incredible ROI of 677% (article shows his ROI was 880%), in a period just 5 years.

He said that he expected petrochina to be worth 100 billion+ before looking at the price, But company's actual market cap was around 20 billion in 2002. so he bought petrochina.

He is also holding posco and other companies, if my valuation verifies that those were undervalued at that time or are still undervalued(current holdings), as he expect them, then my valuations are correct, while im planning to use latter in indian equity extensively.

Last edited: