Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudris

Sudris,

Don't ask about the Jan Low figure of 4788...it was just a fluke...!!!

SG
:(
SG, great flukes. mind me calling you "the great fluker"? (fluker word probably doesn't exist)...j/k
but I always flunk to catch them :annoyed:
If my queries were offensive even a bit I'd not put them across henceforth
But I must say your are doing extremely great job :)

SavantGarde

Hi Krishere,

My apologies for the delay in replying.....

First of all... You will need to explain to me the Major stumbling blocks that you face....considering you have learnt most things from Raghav's & ST's thread....I am at a loss that you are still not profitable as you mentioned in your post.....

If you can illustrate some of your past trades....maybe I can find the chink in your armour.....

Pray, one must...but certainly not for my help....!!!

SG

savant bhai.... u r doing a gr8 job..... i want you to teach me the way to read price action.... I have gone through Raghav's thread and ST's threads.... and have learnt a lot from them..... also have read a few books.... I dont want to trade Intraday.....

I want to trade only on EOD basis.... thats getting into/exiting positions @ 3.15 PM...... Right now I use Trendlines, 3 & 5 EMA, Pivots & Stoch(8,3,4)..... though Im not profitable yet.... I believe i'm improving day by day....

I know you are the guru of price action.... would love to learn from you.... hope & pray for your affirmative answer.....

Hi Krishere,

First of all... You will need to explain to me the Major stumbling blocks that you face....considering you have learnt most things from Raghav's & ST's thread....I am at a loss that you are still not profitable as you mentioned in your post.....

If you can illustrate some of your past trades....maybe I can find the chink in your armour.....

SG

savantji, i'm expecting your first advice for me, fankly to say i don't have a strategy or a method at all, at live market times, i just watch RSI and MACD for the entry, 95% times i'm always wrong.

Then just do the opposite of what you do. wow. You will have a strategy which has 95% strike rate.
well when you are looking for profit strategy, your mind will be scattered in different methods and decisions, but if you are anticipating for a loss, then all your scattered mind units together yielding you a genuine loss, believe me it has happened with me, it was a V shaped volatile movement,
looking for a loss i took 3 calls within 5 minutes, 2 short and 1 long, all happened in my favour and lost nearly 600 rupees in 5 minutes.
so that's why i say, if you are anticipating for a loss, then all your scattered mind units together yielding you a genuine loss
:annoyed:

Thank you SG bhai.....

Well ofcourse you will have to find out what is wrong with me.... well i would suggest a few that I think is terribly wrong with me...

1. I often find it hard to pull the plug. I get into a position relatively easily but when it comes to getting out either in loss or profit, Im not too good @ it.

2. My business includes lot of travelling, so sometimes Im not able to monitor my positions daily.

3. There is a lack of confidence, which is primarily due to a string of losses & everybody around saying its all gamble where one can only lose money. I have people around me often asking me if im in Red or Green.

4. I havent been trading consistently, I keep trading on & off, somehow tend to lose out on the winning bets of my method and get in only during sideways movement. It has got a lot to do with fear too.

5. For example I bought LIC Housing @ 225 on 28th-Oct. I liked the price structure. Price bounced off a support forming an ascending triangle. I kept a mental SL of 210. The price went up & came down to hit my SL, but I didnt square it off... The stock gave me a second chance and this time I was determined that if the price doesnt cross 241 I will square it off but I'm still holding it.

These are 2 videos where I had tried my hand @ analysing nifty, if you look @ it, it must give you a peek into what goes on in my brain....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-2af-CPkus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9Pcu57inY

Ok.... There are many more flaws in me.... just not able to put my finger on it right now......

Looking ahead @ enlightening sessions with you....

Tx a lot
Krishna.

Hi Krishere,

SG

SavantGarde

Hi Krishna,

Hmmm.... Atleast I think from your narration..what the problems could be.....

Let's see the positives....

a) You have no problem identifying an entry...Right
b) You have no problem identifying an approximate exit point
c) You have no problem identifying a S/L point....

Due to your business priority....it would be safe to assume you are a Positional Trader..Right

Ok... Here is what I would like you to do for a couple of months if possible....if you have any issues adhering to what I am going to outline...Do let me know.

If your trading Capital is about 5 lacs.... Take a position in a single (Only One) Lot of Stock Future.

Identify your exit point and for the first 7 Trading Days after entry Do Not Keep A S/L... also if you can take time out from your travelling to drop a PM to myself.... about Entry price & The Stock including what according to you is the Exit Point & S/L

Krishna...Do you think it is doable... what is outlined above....!!!

Will see the Video during the weekend....

SG

Thank you SG bhai.....

Well ofcourse you will have to find out what is wrong with me.... well i would suggest a few that I think is terribly wrong with me...

1. I often find it hard to pull the plug. I get into a position relatively easily but when it comes to getting out either in loss or profit, Im not too good @ it.

2. My business includes lot of travelling, so sometimes Im not able to monitor my positions daily.

3. There is a lack of confidence, which is primarily due to a string of losses & everybody around saying its all gamble where one can only lose money. I have people around me often asking me if im in Red or Green.

4. I havent been trading consistently, I keep trading on & off, somehow tend to lose out on the winning bets of my method and get in only during sideways movement. It has got a lot to do with fear too.

5. For example I bought LIC Housing @ 225 on 28th-Oct. I liked the price structure. Price bounced off a support forming an ascending triangle. I kept a mental SL of 210. The price went up & came down to hit my SL, but I didnt square it off... The stock gave me a second chance and this time I was determined that if the price doesnt cross 241 I will square it off but I'm still holding it.

These are 2 videos where I had tried my hand @ analysing nifty, if you look @ it, it must give you a peek into what goes on in my brain....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-2af-CPkus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9Pcu57inY

Ok.... There are many more flaws in me.... just not able to put my finger on it right now......

Looking ahead @ enlightening sessions with you....

Tx a lot
Krishna.

Status
Not open for further replies.