Super Noob Questions (Seeking Help)

SH, I know I'm very straightforward and pull no strings. I'm glad that, as a friend, you took it in the spirit I intended.
I knew you had more trades than the forecasts you published. My point was 3 out of 4 successful forecasts does not a forecaster make, yet you are encouraged to keep on doing it, if anything, being under the eye of public scrutiny.
The idea behind the gains on your account is that you are to be congratulated, but it is only 1 1/2 weeks. That is the whole point. If you showed me 500 trades, and you turned 100K into 600K in 1 1/2 weeks, I would still go back to, "It is only 1 1/2 weeks."
As far as sufficing a determination is concerned time is different for all of his. I'll say you are off to a flying start. I can also tell you are really excited. I feel and share in your excitement. This may surprise you, but I still get excited about taking a hart, and being able to look at, then tell you the future direction. As a matter a fact, that is the thing I love most about my job.
Getting back to you. With the quantity of trades you have and the dedication that you have towards your job, you could very well be on the express towards your dreams. That is honestly, the best way I can answer it.
The one thing that needs to be addressed if it is not already in place is money management skills. You should have a stop. What is the game plan if the trade goes bad. If you already have your stops and lot size management in place, then keep doing what you are doing right now, let me know in 3 months what your progress is, and then we can talk even more seriously.
After everything is in place, the next thing that needs to be addressed is the mental discipline. The two main ingredients of mental discipline is fear and greed. I promise you this. You will never know where you stand there until you go live.
I have been very satisfied with one of my brokers I currently have, and that is Hot Forex. They're customer service is very polite. I already has an issue where my TP was hit, but did not close the trade. They took care of it and even paid me handsomely on the interest. This exact thing came up with someone else in this forum, but I forgot who it was.
For whatever the reason, their data feed tends to be moody at times. But, don't let that bother you. Their positive qualities, by far, outweigh that one issue.

BTW, let me make one small allowance for starting to trade, right now! If you plan on starting with a very punitive amount, then I would say it is okay. "Punitive", in this case, is subjective. Specifically, start with an amount that if you lost it all tomorrow, you would never blink an eye.
Now that's something I call encouraging :) :thanx:

And this answers most of my question except 1. do these brokers allow short selling for 4 to 5 continuous days? or is there a auto square off period? will same go with buying on leverage?

Will I be paying rollover charges if I went 2 day long on leverages, how big will be the amount I owe to brokers?

Sorry too many questions (I couldn't get much info on rollovers and margin trade on hot forex forum either)

4xpipcounter

Concerning spot forex, it is either a negative or positive rollover.

I'd also like to add something to what Isolanka said, and I do not know the answer, so it might be worth checking out.
First, there are no USA based brokers that allow hedging. Oanda has offices other than in the USA. As a USA resident, I would have no choice but to go through their office in the USA if I had an account with them. In your case, you may be bale to go through their office in Singapore or Canada. Those jurisdictions would allow hedging, so you may want to see if Oanda would allow you to open an account through one of those offices.

Now that's something I call encouraging :) :thanx:

And this answers most of my question except 1. do these brokers allow short selling for 4 to 5 continuous days? or is there a auto square off period? will same go with buying on leverage?

Will I be paying rollover charges if I went 2 day long on leverages, how big will be the amount I owe to brokers?

Sorry too many questions (I couldn't get much info on rollovers and margin trade on hot forex forum either)

Hello all,

I wish to open a thread for "Noobs" like me who are aspiring to be future (Super Duper) Forex traders.

Now coming to who's 'me' : I am a knowledge hungry, extremely energetic twit; amused by ideas of Steve Jobs, Gates, Buffets .., .., .. so on, (shortly to be one amongst those), here to learn and explore aspiring ideas.

In Short : Miselp - Srikanth frum India

Thanks God you are Srikanth (at least in your case you are aspiring yourself thinking to achieve something realistic goal in some time) not Rajnikant( who always have answer to all type of problems).

[/QUOTE]
- Am I confident(Yes)? I have designed a decent analytical system based on Gann, Williams and some other big names with a good amount of back testing; I did even post 4 predictions I worked out (link is quoted below) and been pretty successful[/QUOTE]

yes that's good to be confident we need it and mind it Rajnikant don't need this confidence.For him every thing is Possible.

[/QUOTE]3. What would be the best tool to use for analysis?
[/QUOTE]
Your presence of mind along with patience.

Thanks in Advance
Happy Trading

Thanks God you are Srikanth (at least in your case you are aspiring yourself thinking to achieve something realistic goal in some time) not Rajnikant( who always have answer to all type of problems).
- Am I confident(Yes)? I have designed a decent analytical system based on Gann, Williams and some other big names with a good amount of back testing; I did even post 4 predictions I worked out (link is quoted below) and been pretty successful[/QUOTE]

yes that's good to be confident we need it and mind it Rajnikant don't need this confidence.For him every thing is Possible.

[/QUOTE]3. What would be the best tool to use for analysis?
[/QUOTE]
Your presence of mind along with patience.

Thanks in Advance
Happy Trading[/QUOTE]

I wish Rajnikanth was my trading guru, I would have taken over warren buffet before earth could complete 1 circle around the sun. yepudi!!!! :rofl:

SavantGarde

Click on 'User CP' you will find on the top extreme left.

Once you are on the page 'Edit Options' you will be able to activate your PM and other stuff
....in the sub-section 'Settings & Options' ...you will find other clickable links for Signature & etc....

SG

Savanth; need one more help.

how do I get Private Messaging feature & post signatures activated? Rajnikanth couldn't help on this.

Click on 'User CP' you will find on the top extreme left.

Once you are on the page 'Edit Options' you will be able to activate your PM and other stuff
....in the sub-section 'Settings & Options' ...you will find other clickable links for Signature & etc....

SG
I guess I am super dumb, I really am unable to activate PM, i can only see some boxes for enabling signatures, images and admin news letter but no option is pointing anywhere to activate PM.

SavantGarde

Don't fret... for swaggering studs... it takes a while for the PM box to show up in your profile.... we have to protect the Women folks here...Ya know....:)

SG

I guess I am super dumb, I really am unable to activate PM, i can only see some boxes for enabling signatures, images and admin news letter but no option is pointing anywhere to activate PM.