Swing Trading Nifty Futures

BNF30 Trades - 27th Nov'13:

Closed Trade: Short@11011,[email protected]@10959. P/L: +46
Hello Shekhar

Nice trades on BNF.

Q1: Do you trade the breakout with SL-M orders or wait for close of the bar above you SAR levels?
Q2: If trading BO, do you consider any buffer for avoiding false ticks?

Thanks

:) Happy

Hello Shekhar

Nice trades on BNF.

Q1: Do you trade the breakout with SL-M orders or wait for close of the bar above you SAR levels?
Q2: If trading BO, do you consider any buffer for avoiding false ticks?

Thanks

Happy, I take breakout trades, don't wait for closure of the bar above SAR. I use below filters to avoid false ticks:
Long/Short - 20
Add - 10
Gap filter - 30 (If market opens outside SAR, Reversal is opening bar high/low +/- gap filter).

VJAY

Current year if one traded this he could made sweet 8327 points without any adds ..including current trade with current s/l hit ..........:)
will post the details last week of dec...:)

Current year if one traded this he could made sweet 8327 points without any adds ..including current trade with current s/l hit ..........:)
will post the details last week of dec...:)
Are you trading the same method or are back testing it for 2013 . . .

Remember getting a feedback from Saint on the Survivor thread, for that one month that was discussed the gains were huge for BNF on 15 minutes . . .

Have you compared the performance of different TFs, like 15 minutes, 30 minutes and Hourly?

Thanks

EDIT: Edited the post to delete the performance numbers, not really interested in any sort of flame wars

VJAY

Are you trading the same method or are back testing it for 2013 . . .

Remember getting a feedback from Saint on the Survivor thread, for that one month that was discussed the gains were huge for BNF on 15 minutes . . .

Have you compared the performance of different TFs, like 15 minutes, 30 minutes and Hourly?

Thanks

EDIT: Edited the post to delete the performance numbers, not really interested in any sort of flame wars
Dear happysingh,
Am trading it since last 3+ years .till dec last year ...due to many whips in dec last year I tweeked it in some points from jan this year...so am live trading my tweeked one with live test my prev method(abv one)as both are in line with each other ..only deference is now am not always in trade...though my tweeked one not given profit like my prev method...so will again shift to back to my prev method from jan 14 :D

No i not checked it with other timeframes...as this method never given loss in yearly basis :)