TAs good to know : Ground Zeros most Important Chart Patterns.

interested in knowing more about chart patterns?

• Sure - thanks.

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No - thanks.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Sunil

Re: 10/30/60 mins : 10 Most important Chart Patterns

Any trader (who relies more on price movements) would welcome views & discussions about Chart patterns & analysis; in fact, having experienced it many times, CA does give a good idea about breakout / breakdown level & also the negation level. Personally, it's a perfect mix of Science (when pre-determined levels are reached/broken) and Art (for visually confirming the correctness of the particular chart pattern in question).

I supplement it with RSI sometimes, just to confirm whether it will have more legs towards the direction of breakout.

Naturally, I have voted "yes", but I would request the thread-starter not to wait for 25 positive votes in favour of this thread. I believe everyone is free to express one's views & experiences in this forum; provided the content and/or intent is not to misguide other members. The real Intent is sometimes opposite of what is stated, but one would be fully wrong to generalise it. Regarding content, "yeh public hain, yeh sab jaanti hain" - any new member visiting this forum has either come to correct his mistakes or to increase his knowledge.... A pure newbie would NEVER start actual trading on discussions, unless he is sitting on some "free cash". (i have been a curious learner of human psychology).

Also, don't try to make EVERYONE happy & satisfied by your work - this is not possible even by a family's head-member - and this is a virtual world....

Hence, I would request actuaryinmaking to start sharing his/her views & experiences about charting, and disregard any "unreasonable" (subjective meaning!!!) objections but at the same time, have an open mind for some healthy discussions linked with the thread's topic.

rkkarnani

Any trader (who relies more on price movements) would welcome views & discussions about Chart patterns & analysis; in fact, having experienced it many times, CA does give a good idea about breakout / breakdown level & also the negation level. Personally, it's a perfect mix of Science (when pre-determined levels are reached/broken) and Art (for visually confirming the correctness of the particular chart pattern in question).

I supplement it with RSI sometimes, just to confirm whether it will have more legs towards the direction of breakout.

Naturally, I have voted "yes", but I would request the thread-starter not to wait for 25 positive votes in favour of this thread. I believe everyone is free to express one's views & experiences in this forum; provided the content and/or intent is not to misguide other members. The real Intent is sometimes opposite of what is stated, but one would be fully wrong to generalise it. Regarding content, "yeh public hain, yeh sab jaanti hain" - any new member visiting this forum has either come to correct his mistakes or to increase his knowledge.... A pure newbie would NEVER start actual trading on discussions, unless he is sitting on some "free cash". (i have been a curious learner of human psychology).

Also, don't try to make EVERYONE happy & satisfied by your work - this is not possible even by a family's head-member - and this is a virtual world....

Hence, I would request actuaryinmaking to start sharing his/her views & experiences about charting, and disregard any "unreasonable" (subjective meaning!!!) objections but at the same time, have an open mind for some healthy discussions linked with the thread's topic.
I totally agree with Sunil and request actuary to restart , start afresh, let bygones be bygones, forget the recent past , AND share her views on anything under the sun including chart patterns..... :D
Please do it... do not allow others to control you, ignore the distractors if any.... and do understand to err is human........... so awaiting your inputs afresh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pkamalesh

who told u chart patterns dont work on its own...in fact they are 1 of the few things that work on their own without the help of any indicators.
&& who told u patterns work 100% with the help of indicators.

pls read bulkowski who has backtested all the chart patterns
Dear VVVV, i guess the person sounds right when he says that they work with indicators...Dont u see volumes for a H&S pattern or for that matter any pattern(I suppose volume is an indicator),and yes they look to work on thier own when we see charts that are 10 -15 years old...They dont even show you the volumes. How could you ever confirm a chart pattern without volumes???? Not writing to dash your views but wanted info on whether we could just go about seeing patterns and initiate trades esp in false BO/BD..

Thanks

V

vvvv

Dear VVVV, i guess the person sounds right when he says that they work with indicators...Dont u see volumes for a H&S pattern or for that matter any pattern(I suppose volume is an indicator),and yes they look to work on thier own when we see charts that are 10 -15 years old...They dont even show you the volumes. How could you ever confirm a chart pattern without volumes???? Not writing to dash your views but wanted info on whether we could just go about seeing patterns and initiate trades esp in false BO/BD..

Thanks
hi,
will not respond to ur wrting nor intend to write anything in this thread..

Satyen

Hi actuaryinmaking nice initiative wil egerly wait for your inputts on Gaps , support and resistance in terms of pivot etc

also give practical example how one can use these patterns on a perticular scrip .........even one can devlop a trading plan using these concepts

Regards
Satya

Last edited:

RSI

A question by RSI about the RSI mentioned in your post. :D

I am curious to know how you are using RSI as a supplementary tool to know whether the breakout has enough strength or not. A chart or two would be welcome.

Thanks in advance and regards
RSI