Testing SH 315 Method

bandlab2

Dear FT, very good effort. you need to test with the exact same rules as mentioned by SH . instea of picking 2 stocks everyday, why dont you pick 10 stocks and tack them for a month on EOD basis. start with capital X and at en o each day, post the results

i tried this last month, but got whipped so badly , my capital evopeated by 50% in 4 days !!! pl see the attachment

tackling whips is a big problem,

with some luck, my capital would have doubled in a week too !!! so MM is very important and avoiding whips is a major major concen -- even after applying SH rules to protect capital !!!

Last edited:

FanaticTrader

Fanatic, congrats with your thread and keep going, 315 is a great strategy by TH, but what's up your plan with the whipsaws that shows wrong signals?
Hey Spritunit,

At this point, I'm tryin to follow what SH had initially mentioned in his thread to avoid whipsaws but again tryin to work out this method with couple of more indicators to see if we can get a more refined system. But I always belive that there are gonna be false calls in almost all systems, it's just we need to work on minimizing the losses...

FanaticTrader

Hey Bandlab,

Thanks a ton for the inputs :thumb:. Well I am sure going fwd there wud be some changes to the way I am tryin to track this famous 315 method. Well I am not handpicking few scirps and following them. Everyday based on how markets behave there are gonna be few good scrips which would have just moved into zone of crossovers (as I call it). The attempt here is just to see how much success does this kind of system wud give me. :cool:

Stocks in my watchlist as on 1- Sep after 3_15 crossover:
Rico Auto(26.4):BB squeeze in system. Will be interesting to see the direction of the breakout.
HINDPETRO(362) & Dabur(129): Stoch and MACD gives a positive signal.
--
shan
HINDPETRO and DABUR looks promising :) for short term after 315 crossover.
Rico: need to wait and watch, still in BB squeeze :p and I sense a downward movement.
Added Union bank from today's trigger. Filtered based on other indicators to confirm the trend.
--
shan
315-Triggers

FanaticTrader

Hi Trade gurus,

For last two days I was not able to spot a good scrip moving into strong crossover zone :confused:. So, for the time being till I get into another trade I would hold on to already discussed scrips. I would also post the results today EOD after market hrs for 1st week. :)

Satyen

Dear FT, very good effort. you need to test with the exact same rules as mentioned by SH . instea of picking 2 stocks everyday, why dont you pick 10 stocks and tack them for a month on EOD basis. start with capital X and at en o each day, post the results

i tried this last month, but got whipped so badly , my capital evopeated by 50% in 4 days !!! pl see the attachment

tackling whips is a big problem,

with some luck, my capital would have doubled in a week too !!! so MM is very important and avoiding whips is a major major concen -- even after applying SH rules to protect capital !!!

Hello Bandlab moving average by nature is a trend following indicotor so when you have sideways days it will give lot of problem

So instead plz try to find when trend day will be threre then apply this cross over ............ plz check AW10s NR7 pattern and Abhi's ADX using ....it may help

FanaticTrader

spiritunit

Ramesh, for long term its a great strategy using 315 EMA, people who looks to invest for more than 1 year, its always good to use this strategy to buy and when breaks from above, then sell.