The Best Trading System

What do you like or dislike on this thread?

• Like: Trading Theory, Psy Ops, Myth Busters

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Like: Trading Systems

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Like: Everything on this thread

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Dislike: Too much theory, not enough actionable items

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Dislike: Systems discussed are found as useless

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Dislike: Everything on this thread

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Another input i would like to share with you. Many people use trend lines in taking trades. I find that they (trend lines) are very rigid. I think of and use Moving averages (36EMA) as a dynamic trendline. Just think about it and it would really blow your mind. Since it is dynamic it changes with time so no need for drawing multiple trend lines.

Tuna ji i would like to post a chart with your permission. It is of advanced nature and something beyond what we are discussing right now. It is something which i thought off very recently. Only on your consent i will post it and ask questions as to how to trade it so that i get to know whether people are on the same page as me.

For those who looking for help in setting up Amibroker charts for adds, can use the code
Code:
_SECTION_BEGIN("OBV");
Plot( OBV(), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("Color", colorWhite), ParamStyle("Style",styleThick  ));
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("TEMA");
P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
Periods = Param("Periods",36, 2, 300, 1, 10 );
Plot( TEMA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorYellow), ParamStyle("Style") ); 
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("Bollinger Bands");
Periods = Param("Periods", 8, 2, 300, 1 );
Width = Param("Width", 2, 0, 10, 0.05 );
Color = ParamColor("Color", colorCycle );
Style = ParamStyle("Style",stylehidden);
Plot( BBandTop( P, Periods, Width ), "BBTop" + _PARAM_VALUES(), Color, Style ); 
Plot( BBandBot( P, Periods, Width ), "BBBot" + _PARAM_VALUES(), Color, Style ); 
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("Keltner Bands");
Width = Param("Width", 0.4, 0, 10, 0.05 );
Color = ParamColor("Color", colorBlueGrey );
Style = ParamStyle("Style", styleLine | styleNoLabel);

CenterLine = MA( P, Periods );
KTop = CenterLine + Width * ATR( Periods );
KBot = CenterLine - Width * ATR( Periods );

Plot( KTop, "KBTop" + _PARAM_VALUES(), Color, Style ); 
Plot( KBot, "KBBot" + _PARAM_VALUES(), Color, Style ); 
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("Keltner Bands1");
Width = Param("Width", 0.4, 0, 10, 0.05 );
Color = ParamColor("Color", colorRed );
Style = ParamStyle("Style", styleLine | styleNoLabel);

CenterLine = MA( P, Periods );
KTop = CenterLine + Width * ATR( Periods );
KBot = CenterLine - Width * ATR( Periods );

Plot( KTop, "KBTop" + _PARAM_VALUES(), Color, Style ); 
Plot( KBot, "KBBot" + _PARAM_VALUES(), Color, Style ); 
_SECTION_END();
once you have it on charts then adjust the parameters to reflect following

Happy :)

Happy ji i must complement you on your reverse engineering skills, but i must point out that though you have good intentions at heart but in effect you are doing all the viewers a big dis-service. A system is as good as the trader. You have robbed them off the learning curve. A silkworm needs to come out of the coccoon by exerting inner strength. If you just break the cocoon to free him it is never able to fly and become a butterfly. Any ways what is done cannot be undone. We just move on.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Happy ji i must complement you on your reverse engineering skills, but i must point out that though you have good intentions at heart but in effect you are doing all the viewers a big dis-service. A system is as good as the trader. You have robbed them off the learning curve. A silkworm needs to come out of the coccoon by exerting inner strength. If you just break the cocoon to free him it is never able to fly and become a butterfly. Any ways what is done cannot be undone. We just move on.
anyone who has an idea of amibroker can create the same chart with same parameters as it is seen in the title.

Happyji just explained the settings.
Even i was able to do it as i also have some knowledge of amibroker.

The cocoon will be broken if there are trading arrows. I can bet, with the same chart all of us will have different entry points as the method is still subjective.

This i am not saying out of malice or ulterior intentions.
None taken (malice or ulterior intentions). :thumb:

I have a different view about it . . .

Those who want to learn, will learn irrespective of anything . . .

and those who want to collect AFLs will keep doing it, so we just let them be . . .

I myself would have given all this at a later stage.
No doubt about that as you have posted your charts out there in public
also seen your discussions on (Mudra)

BTW the AFL & Parameter window was shared here on TJ even before today's discussion,
Yesterday morning to be precise, can check the link here

http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/90119-simple-coding-help-no-promise-476.html#post1199429

Cheers

Happy :)