The Crash( 17.5.2006) and FII activities since then

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkjha30

cooltetra said:
Hi Pankaj
We are having a great meeting in chat, all my gurus except you and saint are missing.
Please join chat.

Best Regards
Coool
Hi Cool

I am a little busy else I would have come. I just checked up SAINT is there.
Further call me friend rather than guru as I am I am talking as a friend rather than trying to teach anything for which SAINT could be called guru.He is the Sun and I am just a firefly and fade away once the brightness beckons you.

Pankaj:)

pkjha30

ravi1967 said:
hai pankaj, please find attached an extract from

my comments are :

Are we missing a Good Buying Opportunity? This is a question in everybody's mind. I think that the market will slowly climb again as the Emerging Market Funds will have no place to invest except in India, as we are Fundamentally and Technically sound.
So inspite of temporary blips in Sensex, we will rise to 13000 levels in 2006 year end.But a word of caution is required.the fiscal deficit needs to be controlled.also we should take care not to invest in penny stocks and concentrate on A group stocks .
my picks are energy and FMCG stocks. reasons are :
consumer spending will continue as the salary increase this year in IT/ITES is pretty good .This may impact margins of IT companies, but FMCG will benifit.also more wealth means, more consumer goods like a/c , refrigerator, tv's and cars. this will push energy demand.
bye
ravi
Hi ravi

Well you have put it bluntly. Are we missing a great buying opportunity?

In any kind of market you will have both buying opportunities and selling opportunities.
The impact of various measures for tightening the economy or liquidity will be on a longer period.Each indicator has its own period to get reflected and also the sensitivity to other factors. Rather too complex just to say in a few words.Generally I agree with your comments and it is evident from various postings, but buying timeif not a fixed date or bottom of index is not the bottom of each stock nor it is bottom at a perticular time.Both spans a longer duration during which consolidation takes place. More risk loving people would take exposure in the beginning and less risk loving people would take exposure at a later date.With trading it may be in confirmed up trend.

It would be better to analyse this in little detail, which I will attempt on Sunday.

ps : FOMC=Forward Open Market Committee

The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) consists of twelve members--the seven members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York; and four of the remaining eleven Reserve Bank presidents, who serve one-year terms on a rotating basis. The rotating seats are filled from the following four groups of Banks, one Bank president from each group: Boston, Philadelphia, and Richmond; Cleveland and Chicago; Atlanta, St. Louis, and Dallas; and Minneapolis, Kansas City, and San Francisco. Nonvoting Reserve Bank presidents attend the meetings of the Committee, participate in the discussions, and contribute to the Committee's assessment of the economy and policy options.

The FOMC holds eight regularly scheduled meetings per year. At these meetings, the Committee reviews economic and financial conditions, determines the appropriate stance of monetary policy, and assesses the risks to its long-run goals of price stability and sustainable economic growth

pkjha30 said:
Hi Cool

Further call me friend rather than guru as I am I am talking as a friend rather than trying to teach anything for which SAINT could be called guru.He is the Sun and I am just a firefly and fade away once the brightness beckons you.

Thanks Pankaj,
Agreed.
and hope that day never comes which fades you.

Best Regards
Coool.

pkjha30 said:
Hi Cool

I am a little busy else I would have come. I just checked up SAINT is there.

lol Pankaj........no Gurus,all friends here,sharing what we know.

And another point,this forum is a planet that has many Suns,you being one of them.

All the best!
Saint

pkjha30

ragh_ash said:
hi Pankaj
r u busy? just enquiring no posts 2day.
regards
Hi ragh

I am very very sad and angry about the blasts and concerned about Mumbai citizens who are undergoing through such trials time and again yet Govt. doesn't seem to learn.

Sorry Ragh for no posts today.
Pankaj:mad:

pkjha30

Hi

I was out on tour today. Came back just now.

Here's the Figure for FII from NSE

FII trading activity on NSE and BSE in the Capital Market segment(In Rs. Crores)
Date--- Buy Value---- Sell Value--- Net Value
11-Jul-2006--- 784.36--- 935.50---( -151.14)
12-Jul-2006 ---1714.84 ---1439.15 ----275.69

And SEBI Figure

Reporting Date --- Gross Purchases(Rs Crores)---Gross Sales(Rs Crores) ----Net Investment (Rs Crores)---- Net Investment US($) million at month exchange rate
1-JUL-2006 ---644.90---- 692.30--- (47.40)----- (10.30)
12-JUL-2006 ---809.60---- 943.10---- (133.50)---- (29.00)

FII Derivatives Data

----------BUY-----SELL-----OPEN INTEREST AT THE END OF THE DAY

INDEX FUTURES ----529.21 -----529.41 -----7986.35

INDEX OPTIONS ----34.03 -----14.37 ------1915.47

STOCK FUTURES ----243.58 ----193.38 -----7815.45

STOCK OPTIONS------0.00----18.36 ----65.52

Mutual Funds Data

Transaction Date ---Gross Purchases----Gross Sales----Net Purchases / Sales

01.07.06----0.00 -----0.51 ------0.51

03.07.06----153.18-----227.70----(-74.52)

04.07.06----115.91-----206.51-----(-90.60)

05.07.06----259.38----327.86 ----(-68.48)

06.07.06---221.47 ----434.85 ----(-213.38)

07.07.06----309.77----726.10 ----(-416.33)

10.07.06----237.54---175.26 ----62.28

11.07.06----274.64----290.84 ----(-16.20)

Total ----1571.89 ---2389.63 ----(-817.74)

pkjha30

Hi

Today's FII data from Nse

FII trading activity on NSE and BSE in the Capital Market segment(In Rs. Crores)
Date--- Buy Value ---Sell Value ---Net Value
13-Jul-2006--- 991.4 ---990.46 ----0.94

Figure Form SEBI

Reporting Date--- Gross Purchases(Rs Crores)--- Gross Sales(Rs Crores)--- Net Investment (Rs Crores) ---Net Investment US($) million at month exchange rate
13-JUL-2006--- 1814.00--- 1438.70--- 375.30--- 81.50

Mutual FUnds
date----Buy---------sell---------net
12.07.06----474.89----342.61 ----132.28

Total for June---2046.78 ---2732.24 ---(-685.46)

FII DERIVATIVES STATISTICS FOR 13-Jul-2006 NSE
----BUY ---- SELL -------OI
Amt in Crores
INDEX FUTURES---- --- 500.50---- ----1410.42---8945.05

INDEX OPTIONS ---- 21.97---- --- 13.39----1962.05
STOCK FUTURES ---- 364.49 ---- 489.93-----8618.15
STOCK OPTIONS ---- 9.18 ---- 2.27-----75.92

NSE ADR
Advances 479
Declines 420
Unchanged 31

Volume was not much.FIIs are clearly refraining from either diluting or making major commitment. Such a retrained approach is being seen for last several days where buy and sell volumes for FII are very low.

This indicates that they are waiting for direction to emerge on the global front before they either withdraw or commit any further.

BOJ meet is Tomorrow.This will have quite an impact on global liquidity position for speculative purposes.

Markets world over is red. Not a single indices is in green.Worldwide sentiments are quite negative.In fact SENSEX and nifty recovered from days low though remained in red.

Dow and NASDAQ has started in red.

Israel , Nigeria and Iran, OIL and Inflation, liquidity and speculation, WTO and likelihood of failure of Doha round of Talks(Tough bargaining), BOJ rate

Inida has fared better in the face of mumbai blast and mumbaikars have shown their mettle in adversity.This single factor itself is enough to indicate the bright future that we have inspite of inefficient Govt , politicians and terrorists.

Yet prudent advice for Long term investor would be to move cautiously.Pattern seems to be quitely moving towards consolidation and in view of BOJ and next Fed rate hike due next with no guarantee to stop and escalating political uncertainty seems to push us towards caution rather than hasty investment and leisurly repenting later.

Pankaj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Equities 21