:::the future lies in the past :::

CONCEPT 6 :: ADDING ON TO THE HEXAGON:: THE PRICE MAP

Hope you liked the postings so far. In the previous posting
it was mentioned, that later on things will be added.
So far we have discussed only about TIME. Today we will see
application of geometry for the price.
Lets move from time travel to price forecast

Presented below are two variations for the hexagon,
and the integration of both.
What we get is a structure which can be described as the PRICE MAP.
IT IS A VISUAL MEDIUM TO FORECAST THE PRICE, WHEN YOU WILL LOOK
AT IT YOU WILL INSTANTLY KNOW WERE PRICE IS GOING, AND WERE IT WILL
FACE HURDLE.

[/U RL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

as of now the above figure is not making any sense, check its
application in the chart below.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I guess if you have observed closely, you can see that price is
governed by the lines and is gravitating towards the lines.
For some of you it might be difficult to draw an Integrated Hexagon,
In the next post, we will solve this problem tweaking the Gann Fan, and we will draw that
using the square. It makes sense to have a second opinion were price is
going.

CONCEPT 7 :: TWEAKING THE GANN FAN:: ANOTHER WAY TO ARRIVE AT THE PRICE

Every one of us has seen the Gann Grid, and will agree that it is a great tool.
Gann said to draw the 45 deg line, 22 and a half deg line, 67 and a half deg line.
However there is a problem.
These lines will show the magic only when the chart is correctly scaled and squared.
It's been a long time I am facing this problem" HOW TO DRAW A CORRECTLY SCALED
AND SQUARED CHART".
The definition of a Squared chart would be a chart were 1 unit of time shows movement
of 1 unit of price.
To be honest I dont know how to draw a squared chart.
Following problems needs to be addressed.
1. If price has travelled 300 points in 20 days, will that be trading days or calender days.
here we see charts in trading days.
2. Say for e.g Nifty, what would be right the scale for one unit of time vis a vis price,
means one unit of price should consist of how many points.
3. How to arrive at this calculation.

If somebody can show me the Math, the calculation along with the chart I would be eternally grateful.

This posting is about Gann Fan and I am coming to the point now.
Consider two charts of Nifty, one is stretched, one is compressed.
NOW THE QUESTION IS HOW THE SAME SET OF ANGLES, AS SUGGESTED BY GANN, CAN FULLFILL BOTH THE CHARTS.

THE SOLUTION ::
I arrived at this observation accidentally when I was struggling ( by the way still struggling :) ) with the SQUARED CHART PROBLEM.
WHAT IF I USE THE GEOMETRY OF THE CHART ITSELF. For Every stock it will have its own degree of inclination or declination. People who use Median line Techniques will connect with this instantly.
WHAT IF I PREPARE THE GANN FAN BASED ON THE ANGLE A PARTICULAR STOCK ROSE OR FALL. To my amazement it gave a great picture of what price will face. A network of future support and resistance.
Check out the Gann Fan tweaked and derived from the angle of the swing.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PS: Tweaking the things is one way, doing the things right way is another.
If somebody knows how to draw CORRECTLY SCALED AND SQUARED CHART, PLEASE
COME FORWARD WITH THE SOLUTION, IT WOULD BE A GREAT SERVICE TO THE
PEOPLE OF THIS GREAT FORUM.

PS.The second chart says same swing is considered for both the charts, which is not the case. Just one word " OOPS! "
:)

Last edited:

a1b1trader

Hi Prashant Bro
Many thanks for the posts you wrote.

I just want to know how you draw these geometrical images like triangles, squares, circles etc in a chart.
I was drawing these geometrical images, particularly square with an approximation to draw gann angles.
I was trying very hard to get these images done in a chart but got no success.

I got a way to do this (as suggested by a noble hearted person) but before I can try, my desktop in which I have all charting and data got corrupt and I have to wait till it starts working.

Hi Prashant Bro
Many thanks for the posts you wrote.

I just want to know how you draw these geometrical images like triangles, squares, circles etc in a chart.
I was drawing these geometrical images, particularly square with an approximation to draw gann angles.
I was trying very hard to get these images done in a chart but got no success.

I got a way to do this (as suggested by a noble hearted person) but before I can try, my desktop in which I have all charting and data got corrupt and I have to wait till it starts working.
Sir I use Coral Draw to draw these geometrical structures.

CONCEPT 8 :: THERE COULD BE ONLY 4 DAYS IN A MONTH WHEN A PIVOT CAN OCCUR

Hi guys,
hope you liked the previous posting. In this edition we will look at the markets from an entirely different perspective.This time we will not engage geometry.This posting gonna be long akin to a newspaper article
:D:D:

So have patience.
So why is trading so difficult. To an extent answer lies in the kind of calender we use. The current calender we all use is called Gregorian calender, which is a sun based calender and is a result of trial and error. It was originally 10 month calender, later two months were added to align with the rotation of earth vis a vis sun.It is also reflected in the names of the month

Consider this

September - Sept- was the seventh month.
October - Oct - was the eigth month.
December - Deca - was the tenth month

Now consider this,
all the old and advanced civilizations have used a moon based calender.
Civilizations who have used moon based calenders are
Egyptians, Chinese, Sumerians, Babylonians, Mesapotamians.
Our Hindu calender Vikram samvat, and Muslim calender (Hijri) is also moon based. If all the civilizations had used moon based calenders, there must be a reason to it.
So the answer is trading would have been easy if we had used a moon based
calender, and lot of patterns would have been unfolded, it will be ! by the
time you reach at the last section of this post.

This posting is gonna be a long one, because it's not easy to change perspective.

Consider following facts.

1. The gravitational pull of the moon causes the tides in the ocean.
2. Human body is 70% water. It's possible we are getting affected we are not aware of it.
3. What is a trend, when lot of people starts selling or buying it causes a trend. Means when a collective effort/perception is in one direction it causes trend.
4. A lunar month is for 28 days, so is women's menstrual cycle.
5. Lunatic is the word associated with Lunar. ( It is showing correlation with the mind).
6. Mental asylums report hyper activity during Full Moon days.
7. Traffic police department reports more accidents during Full Moon days. ( as read in some website, and I have witnessed it, I return
home at morning 4.00 AM and I travel in national highway )
8. There is a Jewish Proverb 'Buy on Rosh Hashanah and sell on Yom Kippur', these Jewish festivals are calculated based on Moon.

so is it possible we are getting affected by our nearest celestial body, without we realizing it.
By now most of you have arrived at conclusion that he is into a moon based method, which is right, however don't discard the method or the person as of now, because I will post along with the facts, figures, data, and the charts.

I have always worked towards unravelling the mysteries of TIME, working on moon was my first serious attempt on the markets, Gann occured to me later, and at last Geometry occured. I worked 5 years back on moon. Worked very hard, put lot of efforts, even purchased a printer, just for this, somehow I was not satisfied with the outcome, the best I could have figured out
was there is a 4 month cycle in our markets ( Sensex) at the end of it expect a good downfall. However that work established a firm belief there is definitely a connection between the markets and moon, it is me who is not able to decipher it properly.

When it comes to moon following works deserves mention.

::SPIRAL CALENDER BY CHRISTOPHER CAROLAN ::

This was the first book based on moon I came across, it opened my eyes and changed my perspective forever, that there is something else
in the market, which is Beyond logic! Beyond explanation! The book follows the mathematical approach, uses Fibonnaci to arrive at conclusion.I dont use this system, for me it is a good to know information, an information which was an eye opener, an information which attempted to instill a new perspective.

:DELTA PHENOMENON BY WELLES WILDER :

DELTA PHENOMENON and SPIRAL CALENDER are two fascinating concepts, based on moon, which I came across pretty early in my research.
These two books pushed me to look for things which cant be described logically.
Delta Phenomenon was discovered by Jim Slomon, and it came out of observation. Jim used to live in a beach house, his wife used to swim in
the sea, there was a calender issued by the weather deptt, advising people when to go and when not to go in the sea because of high tides. Jim saw some correlation out of those dates and in the markets. He called this concept The Delta Phenomenon. He sold this concept to Welles Wilder ( the inventor of the indicator RSI).
Welles Wilder marketed the concept well. It was marketed with the words, "IT'S LIKE READING TOMORROW'S WALL STREET JOURNAL TODAY".
In your hands now lies a concept which used to be closely guarded secret, for which people have paid $35000 at one point of time.
DELTA phenomenon was something I had spent lot of time and effort, for some reason I never arrived at the plot of points to my satisfaction. So I worked on this 5 years back, disillusioned, abandoned the approach.

:: THE MARKET MATRIX BY STEVE COPAN ::
After some time I came across Steve Copan's Market Matrix,it was same to an extent, he added few bells and whistles like elliot waves for greater certainty, and called it THE MARKET MATRIX, by now I was into Gann.

There could be following reasons why it did not work.
A. There is flaw in my understanding
B. There is flaw in the plotting of delta points
C. Indian markets are vibrating to something else, and I need to figure it out.

It does not mean
the concept is bad, it only means the systems needs to be tweaked as per the needs of the indian market.
Very recently, in the month of Nov I realized why my plotting did not work, this you will see in the last part of today's posting.

::THERE ARE ONLY FOUR POSSIBLE DAYS IN A MONTH FOR A MARKET TO TURN ::
This was the heading of the posting.
Two months back I simply decided to check, what happens on the

The New moon day
The 1st quarter
The Full moon
The Last quarter

see the excel file "checking on new and full moon and both quarters"
You can download from here
http://www.mediafire.com/?udul7bt5175zpmq

Well Delta told to plot Full Moons.
You can see what happens in the Indian Markets, I guess I need to plot the
delta points again and try few different cycles :lol:

So if you have arrived at the conclusion that it is the moon which governs the market my answer would be "CERTAINLY NOT"

Well than am I not contradicting the entire article which I have posted
my answer would be "CERTAINLY NOT"

Mate the answer is " It's the planets which governs the markets, moon being the nearest celestial body merely acts as the trigger.

Well, have I lost my mind
"CERTAINLY NOT"

Ah sorry! I forgot to tell how to use it.
Simple if a pivot has not occured this date, I know how many days I have further in my hand to ride the trend.
I have seen pivots occuring out of these dates as well, however the occurance is very less.