Thought for the day

XRAY27

APJ Abdul kalam.. is no more... country lost a great Patriot and visionary...
My homage to the great soul..

Last edited:

niftyoption

Former President APJ Abdul Kalam Dies at 83: Press Trust of India

Shillong: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam died on Monday at a hospital in Meghalaya, where he had gone to deliver a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management in Shillong, reports Press Trust of India. He was 83.

Dr Kalam reportedly collapsed on stage at the IIM and was rushed to the Bethany hospital. Doctors say he suffered from a massive cardiac arrest.

Last photo of Great inspiration !

Dr Kalam -- the 11th President on India between 2002 and 2007 -- was born in Rameswaram on October 15, 1931, to the family of a boatman.

Home Minister Rajnath Singh tweeted, "Deeply saddened at the sudden demise of the former president of India Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. He was an inspiration to an entire generation."

Source : http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/form...m-admitted-to-icu-in-shillong-sources-1201111

Last edited:

niftyoption

A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
(Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam)

Former President of India

Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam was an Indian scientist who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. Kalam was born and raised in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu and studied physics and aerospace engineering.

Born: October 15, 1931 (age 83), Rameswaram , TamilNadu

Awards: Bharat Ratna, Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan, more
Parents: Ashiamma Jainulabiddin, Jainulabiddin Marakayar
Education: Madras Institute of Technology (1955–1960), St. Joseph's College, Tiruchirappalli (1954)

Source : Wikipedia

One of the Best Quote from Kalam :

Raghuveer

From net:
Kautilya (also known as Chanakya, c. 350–283 BC), a philosopher, jurist, teacher, economist and royal advisor widely credited for having played an important role in the establishment of the Maurya Empire, which was the first empire in archaeologically recorded history to rule most of the Indian subcontinent.

His social aphorisms and radical political treatise – The Arthashastra – shares commonalities with The Prince and The Art Of War, and has garnered contemporary spotlight in The 48 Laws Of Power – also eliciting comparisons with the likes of Machiavelli.

Henry Kissinger in his book World Order calls it as “a combination of Machiavelli and Clausewitz” that lays out the requirements of power, which is the “dominant reality” in politics: containing a realist vision of politics long before the Prince – while German sociologist Max Weber once called it “truly radical ‘Machiavellianism’…compared to it, Machiavelli’s The Prince is harmless.”

Kautilya’s treatises also offer much wisdom on various topics besides statecraft.

Kautilya’s harsh political realism and wisdom echoes ancient truths which have been espoused by many other great men of different cultures throughout history.

XRAY27

Source:Times of india

Famous quotes of Dr.APJ ABDUL KALAM R.I.P

From dealing with the extremely controversial issue of death penalty to dreaming big, from inculcating a healthy curiosity towards science to reaching out to millions of students, from religion to poetry, one of India's most visionary leaders had something truly inspiring to say about everything.

1. On the youth: My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards.

2. On leadership: Let me define a leader. He must have vision and passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with integrity.

3. On religion: For great men, religion is a way of making friends; small people make religion a fighting tool.

4. On corruption: If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.

5. On scientific development: English is necessary as at present original works of science are in English. I believe that in two decades times original works of science will start coming out in our languages. Then we can move over like the Japanese.

6. On hardship: Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.

7. On students: One of the very important characteristics of a students is to question. Let the students ask questions.

8. On freedom: If we are not free, no one will respect us.

9. On poetry: Poetry comes from the highest happiness or the deepest sorrow.

10. On children: While children are studying to be unique, the world around them is trying by all means to make them like everybody else.

11. On science: Science is global. Einstein's equation E=mc2 has to reach everywhere. Science is a beautiful gift to humanity. We should not distort it. Science does not discriminate between multiple races.

12. On life: Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person.

13. On the death penalty: One of the more difficult tasks for me as President was to decide on the issue of confirming capital punishment awarded by courts… to my surprise… almost all cases which were pending had a social and economic bias. This gave me an impression that we were punishing the person who was least involved in the enmity and who did not have a direct motive for committing the crime.

14. On dreaming: Dream, Dream, Dream. Dream transforms in to thoughts. And thoughts result in action.

15. On beauty: I'm not a handsome guy, but I can give my hand to someone who needs help.Beauty is in the heart, not in the face.

Last edited:

niftyoption

Kautilya

KAUTILYA made " Chandra Gupta Mourya " and Chendra Gupta Mourya concur Greek Dynasty ...Defeated Selucusnicator Greek King ( Alexander 's Army General ) ...

In my view GOD helped through him in that way .... Purity rejects always impurity ...he just work role as a parasuramji... against a bad king...after that work he quit from all attachments and live like a yogi

First Indian Freedom Fighter " Great King Purushottam " i like him very much ....

after that Chandra Gupta fight against Greeks .....

So..KAUTILYA was a important person , who was given a major turn in Indian History .....

In my View .... " Dharma changes according to our Time or YUGA ...
But "Morality & Truth " is not changes at any time or any YUGA ...

so we should take morals from great persons .....

Great men are not accidentally born, they are born when the world waits for them in eager expectation" said Swami Vivekananda....

niftyoption

KALAM-RAJU CORONARY STENT

India’s first coronary stent was developed in collaboration with Mediciti Hospitals, Hyderabad. Coronary stents are widely used by cardiologists to dialate constricted arteries for treating heart attacks. The main objective behind developing these stents was to substantially bring down the cost and make it affordable to the common man. The stent known as Kalam-Raju stent, underwent satisfactory clinical trials. Subsequently nearly 2000 stents were implanted in the next few years at a cost of Rs.15,000/- each as against the then market price of Rs 40-60,000 for a comparable imported stent.

source :
http://www.sbmtindia.org/activities/kalam_raju_coronary_stent/

VISAKHAPATNAM: Thanks to the interest shown by President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam when he was Director of DRDL (now called DRDO) in Hyderabad, more than 15,000 polio-afflicted persons are now enjoying the advantage of FRO callipers that are light and walking with more convenience.
It was during a visit by Dr. Kalam to the Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences in Hyderabad during 1993 that the first step was made towards manufacturing the light weight callipers made of FRO material was made. The project of fitting the light weight callipers commenced about two years ago.
When Dr. Kalam asked the then Director of NIMS and orthopaedic surgeon B.N. Prasad what help his organisation could extend to the hospital and patients, the latter wanted a callipers of light weight to be prepared.
Dr. Kalam spent six months going through the details of the callipers available and held a brain storming session with doctors of NIMS and Defence scientists to plan a more user-friendly callipers. Any one can place orders with the Alamco in Kanpur which produces the FRO callipers. The cost of a calliper is around Rs.700 if it is required to cover the portion above the knee or Rs.300 if only the portion of the leg below the knee has to be covered. The conventional callipers made of plastic material costs between Rs.1,800 and Rs.2,000. The Naval Science and Technological Laboratories (NTSL) Seva Samiti organised a camp here on Wednesday to provide polio-affected persons with the FRO callipers free of cost and nearly 150 patients turned up. However, the FRO callipers will suit the polio-affected only
“The advantages of FRO callipers is that it is light weight, can be fitted quickly to a patient, even in a remote village, any type of shoe can be worn by the patient after this calliper is fitted”, explained NIMS orthopaedic surgeon L. Narendranath.
A scientist of DRDO Mayank Dwivedi was also present at the camp.
Dr. Narendranath said the idea behind the project is to familiarise the local technicians about the FRO callipers by explaining them the techniques to fit the callipers .
Director of NSTL V. Bhujanga Rao inaugurated the camp.
Principal Associate Director S.V. Rangarajan and others were present.

source:
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...nspired-by-president-kalam/article1867031.ece

Awards & Achievements
• Kalam was the proud recipient of Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and Bharat Ratna awards from the Government of India. He received the same in the years 1981, 1990 and 1997, respectively.
• In 1997, he was honored by the Government of India with the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration.
• Later, the next year, he was awarded the Veer Savarkar Award by the Government of India.
• The Alwars Research Centre, Chennai bestowed Kalam with the Ramanujan Award in the year 2000.
• Kalam was honored with the King Charles II Medal by the Royal Society, U.K in 2007
• The California Institute of Technology, U.S.A presented Kalam with the International von Karman Wings Award in the year 2009. The same year, he won the Hoover Medal by ASME Foundation, USA.
• The IEEE honored Kalam with IEEE Honorary Membership in 2011.
• Kalam was the proud recipient of honorary doctorates from 40 universities.
• In addition to this, Kalam's 79th birthday was recognised as World Students' Day by United Nations.
• He was nominated for the MTV Youth Icon of the Year award in 2003 and in 2006.

and many more Defense Achievements

source :
http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/a-p-j-abdul-kalam-590.php#3FPpBE7HeXP1rltR.99

:clap::clap::clap::clapping::clapping::clapping:

niftyoption

DIFFERENT CELL PHONES