Thoughts on Day/Swing Trading Part 2

rangarajan

You can have an idea about LH, HH, LL, HL etc. here

Try to get a copy of Saint's pdf "Teach a man to fish.." and there is a lot
of discussion on pivots, and all other essential fundamental concepts.
In my opinion,No ONE should start Trading Without Reading SAINT's Thread on PIVOTS if they are keen to make profit.
I am NOT exaggerating but telling with my OWN experience.

Hi ST,
Could you please comment on the below? Also, Could you please help us, how to pick-up the stocks for next day intaday trading based on your experience? It would be great help for the novice traders. Usually I used to pickup the same stock all every day. There may be good signal in some days and other day I force myself to trade the same stock and end up with losing side. I hope you can throw some light on this if time permits. thanks much

Thanks
Bala

Last edited:

prabhsingh

Rangarajan,

Your images dont not tell which stocks you are talking about.Is that something there and i m not able to see or its missing in the image itself.

Shantala

Long at 365 with SL 362.40 and short at 363 with SL 364.80. Cannot tell exits as there is no volume plotted, do not know resistance and support, do not know which stock is this.

Last edited:
Hi ST,
Could you please comment on the below? Also, Could you please help us, how to pick-up the stocks for next day intaday trading based on your experience? It would be great help for the novice traders. Usually I used to pickup the same stock all every day. There may be good signal in some days and other day I force myself to trade the same stock and end up with losing side. I hope you can throw some light on this if time permits. thanks much

Thanks
Bala
This chart is clear. It is a failure but the distance is not the only clue. It tried to test the top of the first bar. By doing this it also was attempting to test yesterday's high but could not gather enough strength making a lower pivot high against yesterday's top. Then around 12:00 it again attempted to test the top but made a secondary lower top.....now look for a pivot low to sell and ride the downtrend.

I trade only NF and BNF because I get enough trade opportunities in these . I sometimes trade Axis Bank, SBI, ICICI Bank, Reliance, L&T, Tata Motors...but not regularly.But ideally one should have about 30 scrips on the watchlist. See the daily and hourly timeframe charts of all these in the evening for trading the next day...just glance these charts...and select good charts based on breakouts, tight sideways ranges, failures, TDST, inside bars after a breakout etc.....and then study those 5-7 scrips for trading for the next day in details. The scanning takes just 1-2 min per chart....

With the above exercise you will get good trading opportunities and you will be prepared with the action plan for trading next day....I still do it every weekend to see which scrips will give good trades next week. Just takes 50-60 min...:)

Smart_trade