Today's Buy Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uasish

Re: Todays Buy Levels

Ashish whats up with SBI? Sorry but I have my major holding in SBI. I am not a short term investor. so looking for oppertunity to buy more. just saw your post and thought of asking whether to stay awake tonight or not? :)
I can say ,becoz can't look for more than few 30 mins bar.

U

uasish

Hi Uasish

I want to know your risk % of your equity in intraday trades. Do you change your % risk, according to risk/reward of the setup, or do you increase your risk if reward is more. Like I keep constant risk even if risk/reward is 1:2 or 1:3.

Bye Raj
I only change my position sizing as per the visible Risk,whenever the trade goes in favour try to book some % & increase the Stop to entry with the balance,so watching the rest of the journey up or down becomes more objective than subjective,obviously below 1:2 is avoided.

U

uasish

So SBI has given an upsuge & both Kotak Bk & ICICI BK has hit stop.

All Bk:= 112.00(Stop hit) ; Arvind Mill:= 47.55 ; Ashok Lelyand:= 35.10 ; Auro Pharma:= 293.45
Bajaj Hind:= 209.95 ; Hind Oil:= 97.95 (Stop Hit)

U

uasish

SBI resistance in 30 mins chart = 2164.00 ;crossed it but now has to make a new High above 2198.50 to substantiate this move.

H

hari09omkar

Aj jaldi chhutti mil gayee.Thanks to the voltaile markets and shorts in banks and others.Where are the guys who kept this thread live? Are they fearing the Moderator? ;)

I only change my position sizing as per the visible Risk,whenever the trade goes in favour try to book some % & increase the Stop to entry with the balance,so watching the rest of the journey up or down becomes more objective than subjective,obviously below 1:2 is avoided.
Thanks Uasish

Bye Raj

There is a lot of talk in traderji about bear markets but just thought of airing my views in my friends thread....

Bear markets are usually triggered by the price breaking long-term (usually 3- 5 year) uptrend line... Once the uptrend line is broken then higher low pattern is in question. Then starts the reversal channel ( have a look at enc. satyam charts the reversal happened in mid-2007 ) which has a lower high -lower low pattern ...Ultimately even though the up trend channel becomes a down trend channel in a bear market we can still look to buy at the channel support (which connects reaction lows ) and sell at the upper end(connecting reaction highs).
My point is for a trader who plays in the cash market(where we cannot hold short position barring intra-day ) the basic approach doesnt change immaterial of whether we are in a bull or a bear market... we will still buy channel supports (keeping stops in place)and sell when price approaches channel resistance .
As the year 2008 progresses we may find more stocks following the lower high lower low pattern already visible in most IT stocks but that doesnt mean we cant make money..

Asish,

Happy to see you with moderators tag...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.