Tom de mark sequential monitor for nifty50 stocks

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Although signals may come after a month and a half or more, but when they come, trade may last 9-22 days or more.
Using some other method one can board the bus, if he has missed it on ISBT:)

Vivek

A very nice post covering all the issues, many thanks :thumb:

The expected winrate of 70% is based on practical experience rather than systematical/theoretical backtesting hence carries more weight, at least IMO.
As you mentioned short term winrate is a bit less, could it be around 60-65% as per your experience.

ST Sir, if one can ask is your decade long experience good with Demark indicators vis-a-vis others.
And Perl lists many TD-modified-indicators, do you also use them.
How would you rate them compared to their general forms.

I am actually fascinated by purely rules driven approach of this system, hope you will not take offence to my queries :D because I have lot more about the rules :)

Thanks
I have read Perl's book much later and by that time had already started testing/ trading few of DeMark's indicators so I am not using Perl's modifications.I am going with original DeMark books and articles.

I found success with few of them even in intraday and some of them I found out that I couldnot use very successfully.It must be my fault .

DeMark indicators are indicators,they are not systems except Sequential and Combo.In rest of the indicators the trader has to work on entry as per his comfort,stops,profit taking etc .For making a good living in trading all we need is just 1-2 swing trading and 1-2 day trading systems and DeMark has given many Indicators which can be converted in good profitable system by traders trading them.

Traders have to work on few of these indicators which they like and the chances are good that those indicators resonate with their mindset and trading beliefs.

Apart from Sequential and combo which are absolute gems,I found TDST,oscillator TDREI,TD point reversal,TD double TD points,TD camouflage,TD clop,TD clopwin useful in my trading.

Smart_trade

travi

A very nice post covering all the issues, many thanks :thumb:
The expected winrate of 70% is based on practical experience rather than systematical/theoretical backtesting hence carries more weight, at least IMO.
As you mentioned short term winrate is a bit less, could it be around 60-65% as per your experience.
ST Sir, if one can ask is your decade long experience good with Demark indicators vis-a-vis others.
And Perl lists many TD-modified-indicators, do you also use them.
How would you rate them compared to their general forms.
I am actually fascinated by purely rules driven approach of this system, hope you will not take offence to my queries :D because I have lot more about the rules :)
Thanks
FAILED TRADE EXAMPLE
HOWEVER IF 13>12>11 WAS CONSIDERED, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN SAFE
Bhai, just keep looking for all signs of exhaustion in the trend, put them all together and execute.
Vivek Bhai's post with 13>12>11 also the same thing, if it held, its more exhaustion else pullback.
It could have been 9,10,11 or 12,13,14 also.

Does the Intersection criteria mandate intersection of 8th with 5th AND 9th with 6th or any of 8-5 or 9-6 will suffice?

I have tried to mark the Sell setup on Exide F1 chart. Please check if right or not.

Thanks

Last edited:

vivektrader

Does the Intersection criteria mandate intersection of 8th with 5th AND 9th with 6th or any of 8-5 or 9-6 will suffice?
Earliest intersection can take place at 8.
Overlap of 8 with 5/4/3/2/1
Or
9 with 6/5/4/3/2/1
If intersection does not take place at 8 or 9, it can take place at any subsequent bar of the continuing set up, for e.g. if it takes place at bar 11, it would be like overlap of 11 with 8 or 7 or 6 ....and so on up to 1.
CD is started only when intersection has taken place, if that bar is 9, CD can start from 9 itself if it satisfies the CD criteria.

Vivek

Seniors,
Following is paragraph is taken from Demark's book:
"Intersection requires the high of bar 8 of a buy setup be greater than or equal to the low of bars 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1 of the buy setup. If this requirement is not met, then the high of bar 9 of the buy setup must be greater than or equal to the low of buy setup bar 6,5,4,3,2,1. If this is not fulfilled, then each successive price bar is compared until its high is greater than or equal to the low of the price bar three or more price bars earlier back to bar 1 of the buy setup"

Questions is:
Consider a buy setup. We get say 11 Setup bars in place. Now if on 12th bar 'setup' condition is not satisfied, then that means we have 11 bars in this 'setup'. Now we need to look for 'intersection' bar. The question is, this 'intersection' bar need not necessarily be a part of 'setup bar', right ? So, in this case say 12th bar does not satisfy neither 'intersection' nor 'setup condition' so we ignore it. Now we wait for 13th bar. 13th bar satisfies 'intersection' condition, can we now start looking for countdown? or entire setup will be cancelled as we have a gap(bar which neither satisfies setup nor satisfies intersection i.e bar-12) ?

vivektrader

Seniors,
Following is paragraph is taken from Demark's book:
"Intersection requires the high of bar 8 of a buy setup be greater than or equal to the low of bars 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1 of the buy setup. If this requirement is not met, then the high of bar 9 of the buy setup must be greater than or equal to the low of buy setup bar 6,5,4,3,2,1. If this is not fulfilled, then each successive price bar is compared until its high is greater than or equal to the low of the price bar three or more price bars earlier back to bar 1 of the buy setup"

Questions is:
Consider a buy setup. We get say 11 Setup bars in place. Now if on 12th bar 'setup' condition is not satisfied, then that means we have 11 bars in this 'setup'. Now we need to look for 'intersection' bar. The question is, this 'intersection' bar need not necessarily be a part of 'setup bar', right ? So, in this case say 12th bar does not satisfy neither 'intersection' nor 'setup condition' so we ignore it. Now we wait for 13th bar. 13th bar satisfies 'intersection' condition, can we now start looking for countdown? or entire setup will be cancelled as we have a gap(bar which neither satisfies setup nor satisfies intersection i.e bar-12) ?
From bar 13 (including bar 13), you can look for countdown criteria to start it.
Setup stays (coz minimum requirement of 9 is satisfied), its length is uptill bar 11.
In your hypothetical situation, if gap bar is in the direction of setup, it will be part of setup.
Vivek