Trade Smart Online

Hello VNS,

1) The margin required for cover orders - is it the same whether one is using NEST trader or NOW ? I mean even if I am using NOW, the margin for 1 lot NF would be around Rs. 9700 ?? if no, what's the point of cover orders in NOW ?

2) In the margins file, CDS sheet, what are those first 10 odd instruments ??

jamit_05

What will be Margin req. for the following spread:

Bought 1 lot NF @ 7600 Aug
Sold 1 lot 7800 CE Sep.

I am seeking a broker who will block margin only for 1 NF lot, as the sold option is covered.

Hello VNS,

1) The margin required for cover orders - is it the same whether one is using NEST trader or NOW ? I mean even if I am using NOW, the margin for 1 lot NF would be around Rs. 9700 ?? if no, what's the point of cover orders in NOW ?

2) In the margins file, CDS sheet, what are those first 10 odd instruments ??

Hi timepass,
1. The margin requirement for cover order in NOW is higher in comparison to NEST. NOW has limitations wherein the margin requirement for cover order cannot be reduced further. However it is still less than the intraday margin.

2. The 10 instruments given in CDS file are Interest Rate Futures. They consist of 10-Year Government of India Security and 91-day Government of India Treasury Bill (91DTB). All futures contracts available for trading on NSE are cash settled. For more information on Interest Rate Futures offered by NSE, you may refer to the below url
http://www.nse-india.com/products/content/derivatives/irf/irf.htm