Trade Tiger - Tips, Tricks and Hints

DSM

Hi Rjshem,

My script watch list is quite small, so it is not an issue. And TT allows multiple charts in one screen. My standard template is 4 open charts with different TF's. So to answer your question - I do not use any alert.

Do u use any alerts when a renko bar closes as difficult to know when a bar will close compared to time chart.

Hello,

Is there any way to check OI of every second/minute in TT? As of now, i'm noting down manually OI at the starting of every bar and at the end of every bar (30 mins) to check variation of OI with respect to pric change.

Rgds

DSM

Sammy.Young,

TT always has some surprise in store. After your query, I did check and yes, it is possible to get the column of OI and also OI% Change.

1. Right click on Column Bar
2. Column Chooser tab will come up.
3. Choose OI (Also OI Change % is available)
4. Drag the New Columns where required.
5. Save Layout.

Images attached.

Good luck.

Hello,

Is there any way to check OI of every second/minute in TT? As of now, i'm noting down manually OI at the starting of every bar and at the end of every bar (30 mins) to check variation of OI with respect to pric change.

Rgds

DSM

Thanks DSM but my query was sth different. I want to know if I can know the values of past OI at particular time. For ex: now it's 12:28 PM...I wish to know the OI value at 10:00 AM, 10:01 AM......12:00, 12:01, 12:02......12:27 PM...Is it possible?

DSM

Yes Sammy, That is possible too, though in a round about way. E.g Say you want to know OI data for Nifty.

1. Right click the Nifty chart.
2. Click 'Show Volume'
3. The chart will now display volume bars.
4. Now right click the chart again
5. Click 'Show Data Listing'
6. Click Export Data
7. You will get data which looks like the below (Showing contracts traded)
8. Add the open OI Column and rest XL should do the trick....
9. Only catch is that you will have to refresh data at periodic intervals - Which could be possibly programmed.

NIFTY OI

Thanks DSM but my query was sth different. I want to know if I can know the values of past OI at particular time. For ex: now it's 12:28 PM...I wish to know the OI value at 10:00 AM, 10:01 AM......12:00, 12:01, 12:02......12:27 PM...Is it possible?

Yes Sammy, That is possible too, though in a round about way. E.g Say you want to know OI data for Nifty.

1. Right click the Nifty chart.
2. Click 'Show Volume'
3. The chart will now display volume bars.
4. Now right click the chart again
5. Click 'Show Data Listing'
6. Click Export Data
7. You will get data which looks like the below (Showing contracts traded)
8. Add the open OI Column and rest XL should do the trick....
9. Only catch is that you will have to refresh data at periodic intervals - Which could be possibly programmed.

NIFTY OI

Hi DSM,

Step 5. Click 'Show Data Listing' is not showing on my chart after right click....pl help. Maybe your TT version is old
Rgds
Sammy