Trading Nifty by Levels

khushi00

see how it returned from resistance 4775
so take caution

asnavale

Asnavale i m thinking to short @ 4755
will it be fine?
Sorry, I went out, so delayed reply. I hope you have initiated the short. initial Target would be 4730 or around that. If it does not breach 4740 then cover up.

-Anant

khushi00

Sorry, I went out, so delayed reply. I hope you have initiated the short. initial Target would be 4730 or around that. If it does not breach 4740 then cover up.

-Anant
No i had not shorted yet

asnavale

see how it returned from resistance 4775
so take caution
In this type of cases I do not go by trailing Stoploss alone. I initiate a counter trade near the target. In the present case the long was @ 4744 with a target of 4780. As it reached 4775, I initiated a counbter trade by shorting @ 4775, keeping the long alive. Once the price fell below 4770, I liquidated the long and persisted with the short for a target of 4735-35. At 4740 I initiated a long and waiting to liquidate the short @ 4755 and retaining the long.

-Anant

asnavale

The Short is covered and the Long is active. Aiming for 4770-75 levels

-Anant

In this type of cases I do not go by trailing Stoploss alone. I initiate a counter trade near the target. In the present case the long was @ 4744 with a target of 4780. As it reached 4775, I initiated a counbter trade by shorting @ 4775, keeping the long alive. Once the price fell below 4770, I liquidated the long and persisted with the short for a target of 4735-35. At 4740 I initiated a long and waiting to liquidate the short @ 4755 and retaining the long.

-Anant
How can you create a short if your long is still alive? Maybe you meant I Isold my longs, waiting for a change in direction? Either that, or all my years of screen experience was futile, a I have still not learnt how to keep a long and a short both at the same time, in the same series, and in futures.

khushi00

Covered 1 lot@ 4746

khushi00

How can you create a short if your long is still alive? Maybe you meant I Isold my longs, waiting for a change in direction? Either that, or all my years of screen experience was futile, a I have still not learnt how to keep a long and a short both at the same time, in the same series, and in futures.
I dont know how asnavale do this
But i have 2 running trading accounts one on name of me n other on name of my husband