Trading Nifty with Camarilla Pivots...!

bandlab2

Hello BL,

Used woodies terminology.. I am sure you know them, but for those who don't know.. here it is..

HFE - Hook from Extreme
HTLB - Horizontal Trend Line Break
TLB - Trend Line Break
Crossover - when TCCI(Turbo CCI or CCI(6)) crossover CCI(30).

thanks
VK
CCI(30) ? Or is it CCI14 ? For intraday they recommened 14 and for EOD charts 20

veekay304

thanks vk for the explanation. now its clear. but will wait for confirmation from linkon.

also would like to know other ways to enter/exit.

as per my understanding (which is just 2 days old), linkon mentioned about zero line reject. when CCI14 comes down from +100 and comes near to zero and then goes back. thats when you enter long provided EMA34 also supports. reject could happen slightly below zero line also (not more than 6 bars back)

another way to enter is when trend line is broken. Trend Line is joing CCI14 or CCI6 or both lines. you can draw lines touching the pivots. we need atleast 2 pivot points. more the better. line can be horizontal or diagonal. line can touch pivot point of CCI14 and CCI6. this TLB cross-over also can be used for exit

there are patterns like ghost, vegas etc which are advanced. we can live the entire career on just Zero Line Reject and/or TLB.

When both ZLR and TLB occur together, thats a strong indicator.

exit could be at the hooks (hook is when it goes up, up and starts going down)

exit could be at TLB

exit could be at c/o of CCI14, CCI6 (both ways).

linkon , pl explain why you are looking at EMA14 also ? as per woodies we should not look at any other indiactor , not even price chart. also how this is linked to camarilla points ?

i think its better to have a seperate thread exclusively for CCI trading
1. Supports you totally that we need separate thread to discuss Woodies..

2. You are right that woodies don't suggest looking on any other indicators.. Linkon uses EMA-34 only to determine trends and hence to avoid whipsaws... Not sure he is using EMA14..?

3. You are right on ZLRs.. rejects can be upto/from +/-50

4. 6bar theory is propogated by woodies, but I think it helps us only on Trending days.. Linkon to advise more..

thanks
VK

linkon7

Guys, this is excellent work.

My purpose of this thread is make trades more reliable. more confident. I have gone through a lot of indicators, systems, experts, methods... in a period of 9 months. The sole purpose of this 9 months was to study as many indicators i can. trading was not on my adenga. I developed a lot of systems and posted some of them here in the hope of getting feedbacks. I met a lot of traders thanks to TJ and learnt from them. Almost one thing is for certain, trading is not about perfect entry or perfect exit.

Its a mind game where we are well prepared with our line of actions. Every WHAT-IF scenario is thought of. Each possible scenario has a well defined action. Before u enter a trade, the stop loss is clear. So next day, when trading begins, our emotions remain in check, because we are trading as per our plan. Market cant surprise us.

Risk management and position sizing. This is totally neglected. The broader picture is neglected. Not many trade multi time frame. Everyone wants a holy grail or a system they can trade. The process of trading is not about charts. Its a internal fight with our own fears. Our biggest loss always happens when we panic. And no system will prevent that without a proper well defined plan.

Coming back to this thread. The reason to select cams is because its forward looking. It tells us with a fair bit of accuracy where the balance is tilted to one side. Thats all we want from it. Its very important to realise that when the trend is bullish, it doesnt matter where we buy, we have a higher probability of success if we go for Long trades. converse is true for bearish trends.

Now once price is in the L3-L4 or H3-H4 zone, this is where CCI comes in.