Trading Nifty with Camarilla Pivots...!

mohhnow

veekay304

ok linkon, wow the subject is enormous,
i wil try starting with
aw10's http://www.traderji.com/options/30597-low-risk-options-trading-strategy-option-spreads-print.html
and your
http://www.traderji.com/options/28235-good-profit-hedged-nifty-positions-straddle.html
Yep, i need to go with "Need For Slow" so that it gets in. Considering the volume... I wil be ready for :) 2011
Thanks brother, yourself, aw10, smart_trade, saint are to be admired.
mera number kab ayega....:confused:

VK

I follow linkon's post actively. He starts of with something simple and then makes it complex and then tries to make it simple again. At one point, he'll start all over again with something new. I like the way his approach has changes over the months. focus is less on entry / exit and more on risk management.

veekay304

market data provider gives u from nse direct and costs 999/month
if u use tdi or realtime data then is about 550/month and from yahoo which is slightly delayed and erratic
Vinod

1. Are you sure MDP provides data directly from NSE..

2. Also, I read somewhere that they need live windows open.. switching from one stock to other will be problematic.. NOT SURE ABOUT THIS.. but needs your opinion to go for MDP..

Currently I am using TDI (Source YAhoo) and Investbulls IB Central (Source unknown).

TDI gives only Cash segment and no F&O but the data seems to be erratic as it doesn't match most times with Indiabulls/Sharekhan/Investbulls.

Investbulls data is OK, but they are still streamlining their IB Central and has few outages in 1st month itself, forcing me to brand it UNRELIABLE..

Awaiting your opinion on MDP or for that matter anyother providers (affordable..!!!;))

VK

linkon7

I have been using MDP for almost a month now. They have a system where the data is not stored in the client's pc and hence backfill is never required. The data is fast and reliable. I am yet to find a reason to complain.

The current scrip is only updated live for the 1000 /- wala pack (# All Cash Stocks Which are Traded Also in FnO Segment and Nifty / BankNifty / MiNifty Indice.

And
# Real time Tick By Tick Intraday RT Data For All Current Month Futures including Nifty Future.
And
# FREE Purified EOD Data Adjusted For Split/Bonuses For all NSE, BSE & FnO EOD Since 1994

And FREE 1/5 Mins 15 Days Intraday Data For Cash Stocks and FUTURES )

and if someone wants to scan live, he has to select the exploration pack which cost about 2000 /- p.m.

mcx cost another 2000 /- p.m.

i tried TDI for almost 6 months, but trading futures by looking at spot is a bit difficult. I switched to chartdata and extracted data from odin. The limited edition is free and updates 2 scrips only. Since i trade only in nifty, it was a good setup, but rkg's odin started giving problems regularly and backfilling data from PIB was a big pain. decided to go for mdp and now i dont have to worry about rt data any more.

linkon7

Thanks brother, yourself, aw10, smart_trade, saint are to be admired.
Please dont bracket me wt these guys. They are leagues apart. got a long long way to go before i can even reach 50% of their abilities. One thing i learnt from them is the ability to share what ever little i know and this has helped me immensely in developing my own mindset.

There is another person "shiree". You can search him out in other forums and he's a class apart. worth tracking his post.

veekay304

I have been using MDP for almost a month now. They have a system where the data is not stored in the client's pc and hence backfill is never required. The data is fast and reliable. I am yet to find a reason to complain.

The current scrip is only updated live for the 1000 /- wala pack (# All Cash Stocks Which are Traded Also in FnO Segment and Nifty / BankNifty / MiNifty Indice.

And
# Real time Tick By Tick Intraday RT Data For All Current Month Futures including Nifty Future.
And
# FREE Purified EOD Data Adjusted For Split/Bonuses For all NSE, BSE & FnO EOD Since 1994

And FREE 1/5 Mins 15 Days Intraday Data For Cash Stocks and FUTURES )

and if someone wants to scan live, he has to select the exploration pack which cost about 2000 /- p.m.

mcx cost another 2000 /- p.m.

i tried TDI for almost 6 months, but trading futures by looking at spot is a bit difficult. I switched to chartdata and extracted data from odin. The limited edition is free and updates 2 scrips only. Since i trade only in nifty, it was a good setup, but rkg's odin started giving problems regularly and backfilling data from PIB was a big pain. decided to go for mdp and now i dont have to worry about rt data any more.
thanks Linkon..

Will talk to them

VK

mohhnow

hey linkon, wow, so many thread from you on options ... wish i had all the time on earth to absorb ,,, options are an ocean by itself.
ok, the seniors are no doubt greater. I saw their approach & attitude in addition to their expertise. And, you are on your way to being one. Very fast ... :)
Best wishes in everything you do,

ps: after seeing the threads on options only i realized how easily i asked you to explain it, and you did in a nutshell.
All of you should come together take up one one subject and make learning materials in context to the fast developing beta personality indian stock market.