Trading Nifty with Camarilla Pivots...!

linkon7

too boring....
exited NF short balance at 5267...

squared off all positions...
have a nice weekend...

expecting VK to d a thorough backtest on the method given and give a report soon. Missed him today...

That's because we have a inherent problem of distrust of what we see on the charts and give importance to what we believe. Our belief comes from crowd mentality. If 10 guys were instructed to tell me that my left arm is shorter than my right arm, I will believe it and go for a medical checkup. If the doctor says they are perfect, I'll go for a second opinion...:lol:
Linkon ji I was only refering to my knowledge level.....what i meant was everything is so easy for you...the teacher ....and I was meaning it will take years for beginners like me to master....learning the spirit from you :clapping:Linkon ji....and learning the logic from you:clapping:....
have a super weekend
Sreenan

linkon7

Linkon ji I was only refering to my knowledge level.....what i meant was everything is so easy for you...the teacher ....and I was meaning it will take years for beginners like me to master....learning the spirit from you :clapping:Linkon ji....and learning the logic from you:clapping:....
have a super weekend
Sreenan
I am no teacher. If I was a expert, i would be on TV telling people why thing that i predicted yesterday didnt happen today. :lol:

I was just stating the problems we all have. I used to track a lot of data right from OI buildup to PCR ratio to advance-decline ratio. So many thing that were useless as a intraday trader was important to me because the people on TV always reffered to them for giving the bigger picture.

Ever since i accepted the fact that everything worth knowing is there in the chart itself, i stopped watching CNBC and their expert's opinion didnt matter anymore. Almost all the experts were saying that 5350 to 5400 is the immediate target, and i didnt think twice about shorting at 5277 and then again at 5282, simply because my chart was saying its a short.

bandlab2

I dont have RT for futures , so following spot NSE to trade futures. I did 2 trades

Trade 1: Long. BB Band is flat for more than 1 hr. Then lower BB pierced at noon and CCI hook came and started going up, took long and exited when price pierced opposite band. 15 points profit

Trade 2 : Short. BB in downward channel with more than 30 degree slope. waited for band pierced and CCI hook down, took short. exited when price pierced the band. 15 points profit

overall market is in narrow range, so taking small profits. collectinng peanuts is better than taking dog for walk :)

rajputz

I Today tried to backtest the pivot point strategy but the nifty was range bound today....didnt get chance to trade it.....:)

vinodkiyer

Hi Linkon,

As per your posts regarding Buy/sell conditions (3 buy conditions & 3 shorts), I have modified your afl with Buys, shorts and Stops which can be seen in AA.

Also check out the parameters.

Kindly advise if everything is okay regarding levels etc which we can modify if necessary.
also see if the conditions of entry triggers and stops are correct.
kindly also see the R!, R2 R3 parts if correct
many thanks - see attached

Last edited:

linkon7

I dont have RT for futures , so following spot NSE to trade futures. I did 2 trades

Trade 1: Long. BB Band is flat for more than 1 hr. Then lower BB pierced at noon and CCI hook came and started going up, took long and exited when price pierced opposite band. 15 points profit

Trade 2 : Short. BB in downward channel with more than 30 degree slope. waited for band pierced and CCI hook down, took short. exited when price pierced the band. 15 points profit

overall market is in narrow range, so taking small profits. collectinng peanuts is better than taking dog for walk :)
Good trades...!

linkon7

Hi Linkon,

As per your posts regarding Buy/sell conditions (3 buy conditions & 3 shorts), I have modified your afl with Buys, shorts and Stops which can be seen in AA.

Kindly advise if everything is okay regarding levels etc which we can modify if necessary.
Its excellent....! will go through it this weekend.

I was thinking of diversifying to stocks options and have a few ideas that need to be afl-ed. Honestly, i love options trading more than futures and the risk reward ratio in stock-options is mind boggling. will PM you the details as i dont want to divert this thread to another direction.

veekay304

too boring....
exited NF short balance at 5267...

squared off all positions...
have a nice weekend...

expecting VK to d a thorough backtest on the method given and give a report soon. Missed him today...
Apologies guys... personal reason.. away from the terminal after login.. will not be in for 2-3 days..

But will try to be on net and post some questions on the system to Lincon, when I am free..

Will be backtesting for Nov09, Dec09 Nifty...

Will update you all..

bandlab2

Hi Linkon,

vinod, few suggestions from me

condition 1: CCI hook should be at bottom and start going up

bCond1=Flatbb && Green && C>bb20225b && Ref(Cross(bb20225b,C),-1) && Ref(Red,-1) && CCI(14)>Ref(CCI(14),-1);

may be modified as

bCond1=Flatbb && Green && Ref(Cross(L,bb20225b),-1) && Ref(Red,-1) && CCI(14)>Ref(CCI(14),-1) && CCI(14) < -150;

we are in flat bb, current bar is green , prev bar has pierced bb20225bottom and is red and cci hook at bottom started going up. i removed current c>bb20225b as we could still buy even below the band , and cci value should be around -200.

cci -150 could be a parameter. same thing on short side, it will be +150

bcond2=upbb && Green && CCI(14)>Ref(CCI(14),-1) && C>bb201;

may be modified as

bcond2=upbb && Green && CCI(14)>Ref(CCI(14),-1) && Cross(L,bb201);

we buy when slope is above 30 degrees, current candle pierced bb201 top. close is always above bb201 top (in the channel), but we need cross-over

i may be wrong, i am also learning from this thread only