Trading NR7 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a big gap, made a huge profit today. Shorted Gail, Titan , dlf and went long on Bata. Exited all in profit.

Above all at one point of time when nifty was about to break 5650 in the second half, shorted 500 lotss and exited in profit at 5620. Within few minutes nifty was falling rapidly. When am sure of something, I betmy entire stake in single trade. If am correct, it should work immediately. If there is any lag, I get out of the trade in few minutes with break even or loss

Over all it was a great trade today
Cubt, 500 lots of nifty???
did i read that right??? :eek:

Cubt, 500 lots of nifty???
did i read that right??? :eek:
Yes, you read that right! but what i wanted to convey was 10 lots, i.e 500 shares!!

ha ha... I was just thinking what would have been my profits if it was 500 lots!! :D

Hello Cubt,

Your earlier mesg -

After a big gap, made a huge profit today. Shorted Gail, Titan , dlf and went long on Bata. Exited all in profit.

You told u r trading with 1:1.5 RR ratio.. then how u traded in Bata or titan???.. u said booked profit.

1)Bata future.. according to ur method..

Difference =High 827- low 815 = 12 Points with tgt 845 (18 points).

How you booked profit???

2) Titan future..

Difference = 229 - 223.50 = 5.50 points with tgt 215 (8.50 points).

How you booked profit??

Kindly explain?

Biswajit Das

Above all at one point of time when nifty was about to break 5650 in the second half, shorted 10 lotss and exited in profit at 5620. Within few minutes nifty was falling rapidly. When am sure of something, I betmy entire stake in single trade. If am correct, it should work immediately. If there is any lag, I get out of the trade in few minutes with break even or loss

Over all it was a great trade today
That's called smart trader. But I have fear that sometime u become more aggressive......

Hello Cubt,

Your earlier mesg -

You told u r trading with 1:1.5 RR ratio.. then how u traded in Bata or titan???.. u said booked profit.

1)Bata future.. according to ur method..

Difference =High 827- low 815 = 12 Points with tgt 845 (18 points).

How you booked profit???

2) Titan future..

Difference = 229 - 223.50 = 5.50 points with tgt 215 (8.50 points).

How you booked profit??

Kindly explain?
I exited the short trades, am still holding onto Bata for 845 target.

Titan-I went short at 224 and covered my shorts around 221 itself,as it was not a positional trade, its a MIS(Intraday trade). It was a sudden fall at the end of the trading session. I always use any sudden fall & exit the trade at the 1st bounce. If it continues to fall without any bounce back in 1 minute TF, I hold it till the bounce back happens. So Titan did the 1st bounce around that level.. so exited with minimal profits.

It is not always necessary to follow 1:1.5 RR for each and every trade i make, as we cannot predict the market movement its always wise to rationalize your trades as per the movement. More over, I was more aggressive on friday's session. So I just carry forwarded Bata and closed all other positions. The Reason to hold Bata is

• It was holding firm when the Market tanks 500 points
  • The stock bounced back at the last minutes of the trade
  • Now stock is near its resistance level 835, once it breaks it can move till 870.

So there is a high probability for my targets. Even if Market disappoints on Monday, i would be more comfortable to lose 12*250=3000Rs than to hold multiple shorts with sleepless nights.

Hope it clears your doubts

That's called smart trader. But I have fear that sometime u become more aggressive......
Yes, it was a aggressive trade on Friday. But I feel you can make aggressive trades at times when you are sure of something.. provided you should be comfortable with the risk you are taking.

But I need to more conservative in the coming days. Bcoz last one week learned a big lesson.. You know what, I was on vacation last week and was reading this book Market Wizards by Jack. It's a book about individual traders who made big fortunes. Almost all traders mentioned that its wise to keep the winners and get rid of the looser very soon.

I just followed that last week,keeping the winners and squaring off the losers.

I did square of the losers very early but the winners that I kept hoping that it would tend to win more has turned into losers on the next trading sessions.

End of the vacation (Thursday), I have lost more than half of the money what I earned last month.

Its always better to follow what you are comfortable with. :thumb:

Biswajit Das

I exited the short trades, am still holding onto Bata for 845 target.

Titan-I went short at 224 and covered my shorts around 221 itself,as it was not a positional trade, its a MIS(Intraday trade). It was a sudden fall at the end of the trading session. I always use any sudden fall & exit the trade at the 1st bounce. If it continues to fall without any bounce back in 1 minute TF, I hold it till the bounce back happens. So Titan did the 1st bounce around that level.. so exited with minimal profits.

It is not always necessary to follow 1:1.5 RR for each and every trade i make, as we cannot predict the market movement its always wise to rationalize your trades as per the movement. More over, I was more aggressive on friday's session. So I just carry forwarded Bata and closed all other positions. The Reason to hold Bata is

• It was holding firm when the Market tanks 500 points
  • The stock bounced back at the last minutes of the trade
  • Now stock is near its resistance level 835, once it breaks it can move till 870.

So there is a high probability for my targets. Even if Market disappoints on Monday, i would be more comfortable to lose 12*250=3000Rs than to hold multiple shorts with sleepless nights.

Hope it clears your doubts
yes ur holding in bata is quite right, i have checked my chart. only below 790 u should be cautious.....

Biswajit Das

NR7 Stocks for 24th June
SYMBOL HIGH LOW TOTTRDQTY
ADANIPORTS 152.6 146.8 4669085
APTECHT 64 60.15 451387
BATAINDIA 833.65 810 251434
BIOCON 279.9 272.15 184617
ELDERPHARM 316.8 305.5 33352
GAIL 295.5 286.15 1624687
JBCHEPHARM 80.5 77.5 32406
MOIL 199.9 196.85 26218
MPHASIS 398.95 387.3 51203
SKSMICRO 107.95 103 188127
TITAN 228.85 218.6 2589148
Please, check before initiating any trade
I am very sorry that my software wasn't updated before scan, so ignore above all NR7 stocks for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.