Trading NR7 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purushotham

Please find below the backtest report for TATA STEEL from 2006 to 2014.

The success ratio is comparatively high when you include this additional filter, in fact just plain NR7 setup failed in long run resulting in negative returns for the period of 2006 to 2014.

However, only 50 trades were executed with additional filter which not only increased the winning %, also the total points gained in 155 with 72% success rate.
Cubt sir,

Thanks for the setup.

what abt the target?? is it 1R, 2R or EOD.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Please find below the backtest report for TATA STEEL from 2006 to 2014.

The success ratio is comparatively high when you include this additional filter, in fact just plain NR7 setup failed in long run resulting in negative returns for the period of 2006 to 2014.

However, only 50 trades were executed with additional filter which not only increased the winning %, also the total points gained in 155 with 72% success rate.
Sorry, wrongly calculated the total points. The correct total is
Total Points 338.1 20.3

amitrandive

I have downloaded 14 years of EOD data for all stocks from NSE. Trying to backtest specific stocks like TCS, TATASTEEL and other liquid stocks. Let me know if i need to backtest on any specific stocks, i shall update the results here
Cubt

I would just like to add that , we need to differentiate between periods of back testing.

Pre-2010 where Algo trading was not present and post-2010 where scrips and indices fall and rise rapidly by Algorithmic trading and High Frequency trading.

Obviously we cannot compare Apples and Oranges :D

Status
Not open for further replies.