Trading Stock Options

Is this thread useful

• Total voters

nimish_rulz

I like all the stocks u mentioned but I am also going for IT stocks such HCL Tech and Rolta as with the fall in our market RS should weaken hence the IT stocks would have a run. Also went long on LIC Housing and JP. Good support at current levels.

chaitanyagoa

I like all the stocks u mentioned but I am also going for IT stocks such HCL Tech and Rolta as with the fall in our market RS should weaken hence the IT stocks would have a run. Also went long on LIC Housing and JP. Good support at current levels.
Yes Nimish,

U are right... According to me It is the hottest sector now.... I didnt post any of them as i already have position in them......

Check out Infosys.... it is looking for a blow out... SO is TCS...... I need to check on HCL tech and ROlta.....[:)]

scplindia

I am a bit confused, are you suggesting IT stock will have a run means that they are going to go up or go down with the market. Pl clarify si that I can also plan strategy accordingly.

nimish_rulz

I am a bit confused, are you suggesting IT stock will have a run means that they are going to go up or go down with the market. Pl clarify si that I can also plan strategy accordingly.
If our market goes down or remains range bound the Rupee will lose steam and that would make the Dollar go up hence that would be advantageous for the IT Stock thus it shud go up.

chaitanyagoa

If our market goes down or remains range bound the Rupee will lose steam and that would make the Dollar go up hence that would be advantageous for the IT Stock thus it shud go up.
Adding to what NImish said, If the markets goes up IT will shoot up as it has underperformed NIFTY due to the appreciation of the rupee...... Also Keep an Eye on Reliance Industries........:)

scplindia

Adding to what NImish said, If the markets goes up IT will shoot up as it has underperformed NIFTY due to the appreciation of the rupee...... Also Keep an Eye on Reliance Industries........:)
Once again you have confused me, IT will go up due to Rupee falling with respect USD.

What has this got to do with RIL ? Pl advise

nimish_rulz

Once again you have confused me, IT will go up due to Rupee falling with respect USD.

What has this got to do with RIL ? Pl advise
He meant that Reliance Industry also looks good apart from IT and has a huge upside potential and I agree because Reliance has paid the highest advanced tax compared to any other Indian firm hence the number due to come out look very positive.

Also if Nifty goes up Reliance has to go up as it is an index heavy stock.

US markets if dont fall today we shud soon see an upmove in our market.

Remember India and China are 2 most under performing Stock markets if you take this year`s return. So sooner or later the overall value of the market is going to bring in even more fund flows as the growth story is the best in these two countries as they have best and the second best growth rates in the world.

Hence Longer term if global Markets are bullish our markets will become mega bullish.

scplindia

US markets have already gone flat, tomorrow will be a flat opening with a slight negative bias, but soon we should be prepared for a short covering rally. This is my gut feeling.

Hi,

I had a Query, hope you guys will be able to answer this

If today I happen to buy "May futures" of a particular stock, then do i get time till the last thursday of May to settle it? or the last thursday of april?