SwingKing

Stocks to Focus on for next 1-3 weeks are,

Ashok Leyland
Alstom Projects
BGR Energy Systems
Colgate Palmolive
Container Corp
Mundra Port

None of them except Alstom and Mundra has indicated buying pressure. But my guess is that they will sooner or later. Alstom will consolidate more before beginning an up move. Mundra is a high risk trade.

Tc
Do keep a close eye on these stocks.

Tc

arti

Trading with MACD and Stochastics

Tools Candlestick/Bar Chart , MACD Oscillator with standard settings, Stochastic Oscillator with Standard settings

Trade Setup The basics of this setup is very easy to understand. All you need to do is monitor selective stocks (high beta high volume) or the Index. My preference is more towards Index. Now, everyone absolutely loves trading with Stochastic and MACD. But in my Opinion, they use these tools in the wrong way. Stochastic and MACD are extremely valuable tools and one needs to use them correctly in order to profit from them.

Buy Setup Usually, traders begin to buy stocks when they see the stochastic cross below 20/30 or any level. Though this is profitable sometimes, it leads to serious draw downs in the long run. The value of stochastic crossover increases tremendously when it is used with MACD. Next time whenever you see a stochastic cross, wait for the MACD cross to happen. In other words, if one stock exhibits stochastic crossover, begin to watch it. Start looking at the MACD, if the MACD cross happens, then take that trade. Essentially we are using MACD as a trigger to enter trades.

Important Notes At times, it will happen that Stochastic crosses for a Buy and then by the time MACD crosses for a Buy, Stochastic would cross for a Sell trade. Under these circumstances, always trust the MACD cross. Stochastic will eventually turn up and will move up. To enhance the profitability, one should always trade this setup in the direction of the main trend. Furthermore, this setup will work well in stocks which depict high volatility.

Short Setup - Exactly opposite of the Buy setup.

Targets - Aim for 3-5% Gain.

Have patience and you will see this pattern occurring regularly.

Tc
for exit should we be specific about 3-5% tgt or can follow macd ?sorry instead of back testing asking u directly.

VJAY

Entry in Colgate Palmolive will be taken today if it remains above 830-835 at close.

Tc
Dear Raunak,(left sir/ji ...but calling by name feeling bad to me)

These figures in cash or futures?

SwingKing

Dear Raunak,(left sir/ji ...but calling by name feeling bad to me)

These figures in cash or futures?
VJAY,

Always Cash figures.

ColPal has already moved up 5% as of now. Something like what Mundra did on Friday. Hence, Colpal now becomes a high risk trade.

Mundra moved up 5% on friday, but is still continuing its up move with a 3 % rise today. Usually, with this kind of move, a stock consolidates. So, now since colgate has moved up so fast in one day, it could well go into a consolidation phase, something like what APIL did. Hence, be careful about this trade.

As far as I am concerned, I will post around 315-325 if I am taking the trade.

Tc