• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crown

Apurv7164

With all due respect to Crown and his mentor's, I would like to say that trading in my own experience does not work this way. Fear, in my own experience is a parasite in trading. Fear in my opinion is not a bad thing. It is a form of emotion that will either fuel the desired change in your life or will paralyze you. While the former might be more witnessed in other walks of life, in trading especially fear more often tends to paralyze a trader. If the markets begin to drop 1% every 10 minutes (which has happened in the past), then no matter what you do or preach, fear is going to get you out of your positions. It will force you to act against your plan and will definitely make you release your emotional charge by getting you out of what you are into.

Trading is the only profession where you can see your capital being eroded every second. Hence, it is also the most difficult profession to be in psychologically. It is never ever easy to lose money. Our mind is trained to release pressure. Hence no matter what you do, never ever be afraid of 'fear'. If you are afraid of being in fear, your mind will sub consciously make you do the thing which will put you out of fear. Statistically there are very few traders who can stick to their plan even when they are deep inside grabbed by fear. The best way to trade in my opinion is to be in a different psychological zone. It is achieved by constantly practicing the state of being emotionless. For eg, I never get excited when I see profits. Going by the same token, I never get bored (sad,depressed) seeing my losses. It is only at the end of the year, after I take a break from trading, do I celebrate my profits or celebrate my losses. Hence, when one trades, he should neither be confident, nor should he be afraid.

Please remember, my experience is not a rule. It is just my experience.

Tc
Raunakji, Crown and Others who participated in this discussion.... this is very good point to discuss in public because IMHO, accepting ur -ves or ur emotions or thought process blocking ur success in trading, is the best way to correct and get rid of mental blocks...

Crown... I love you for bringing this point as well as very nicely jotting ur thoughts in words and posting here....

Raunakji.... you r one utterly disciplined (don't take it otherwise) person in ur personal life and probably that is making u utterly organized and disciplined in ur trading profession... I have seen u going off early every evening and getting up at one particular time.... we usually get ur reply on forum at unsaid but stipulated time every morning.... being utterly disciplined or organized is sign of mental strength... Hats off to you....

However, general public is not so organized... bitter but it is fact... if we all introspect, we know that we r not like you... now somebody who is not utterly organized and disciplined in personal life, u cannot expect them to cultivate emotional balance for trading as u r having.... we got to accept the fact that general can only procrastinate.... This is the best trading system available in global trading business if one wants to learn… otherwise I can bet there is nothing like “SYSTEM” in trading….

now coming to the discussion u were having with Rahul on being full time trader... it is also again related to ur disciplined and organized life style... people like u can be successful anywhere.. it is not just trading... u go anywhere and work with ur soul, u will be successful... I envy ur disciplined life style …. ;) Make me disciplined, organized and structured like u and I can bet I can make 10 lacs out of 10 lacs in one year.... to me the only lacking part i m having is i procrastinate and that is again because of lack of discipline in life...

So as a bottomline, I agree with Crown that observing one own self and emotions is very early starting point to develop right mindset. Once we continuously do that, we go one step ahead in being successful trader.. i m sure 90% people cannot do this more than 21 days.. i can bet... (btw, i m one of those 90% but trying hard to improve myself)... profit and loss are part of business... we just need to make sure our losses shud not be bigger that our loss tolerance... today loss.. tomorrow cud be profit...

now if u correlate this with what I wrote a month or two back about emotional imbalance or balance in left and right hemispheres of brain, one will realize how these two points are related to each other… balanced hemispheres are required to be detached/disciplined/stop procrastination and all these are signs of mental strength…

I hope I have not written to the extent that people stop reading my posts now onwards... ;)

Last edited:

crown

Raunakji, Crown and Others who participated in this discussion.... this is very good point to discuss in public because IMHO, accepting ur -ves or ur emotions or thought process blocking ur success in trading, is the best way to correct and get rid of mental blocks...
Crown... I love you for bringing this point as well as very nicely jotting ur thoughts in words and posting here....
Thanks bhai.....

Raunakji.... you r one utterly disciplined (don't take it otherwise) person in ur personal life and probably that is making u utterly organized and disciplined in ur trading profession... I have seen u going off early every evening and getting up at one particular time.... we usually get ur reply on forum at unsaid but stipulated time every morning.... being utterly disciplined or organized is sign of mental strength... Hats off to you....

However, general public is not so organized... bitter but it is fact... if we all introspect, we know that we r not like you... now somebody who is not utterly organized and disciplined in personal life, u cannot expect them to cultivate emotional balance for trading as u r having.... we got to accept the fact that general can only procrastinate.... This is the best trading system available in global trading business if one wants to learn…
otherwise I can bet there is nothing like “SYSTEM” in trading….
:clap:
now coming to the discussion u were having with Rahul on being full time trader... it is also again related to ur disciplined and organized life style... people like u can be successful anywhere.. it is not just trading... u go anywhere and work with ur soul, u will be successful... I envy ur disciplined life style …. ;)

So as a bottomline, I agree with Crown that observing one own self and emotions is very early starting point to develop right mindset. Once we continuously do that, we go one step ahead in being successful trader.. i m sure 90% people cannot do this more than 21 days.. i can bet... (btw, i m one of those 90% but trying hard to improve myself)... profit and loss are part of business... we just need to make sure our losses shud not be bigger that our loss tolerance... today loss.. tomorrow cud be profit...
Apurv Bhai...

Raunak Bhai is hundred percent correct in his observation and comment....
And.. I am also hundred percent correct in my observation.... He has already attained the mastery.... while I have yet to attain that level of mind and efficiency. My point is simple.... accept what you are.... even if you are stupid... like me.... accept it.... because that will be the first step towards wisdom...

now if u correlate this with what I wrote a month or two back about emotional imbalance or balance in left and right hemispheres of brain, one will realize how these two points are related to each other… balanced hemispheres are required to be detached/disciplined/stop procrastination and all these are signs of mental strength…
Apurv Bro... I would love to read that.... if possible can you please give the link ......I have been a strict follower of this concept or theory i.e. left and right hemispheres of brain....and I know that both of my hemispheres are below average.....But there is one third hemisphere in which both these hemispheres exist....and that is quite strong..and that is the only thing which gives me some hope in my life...As far as trading is concerned... IMHO....the operation of right hemisphere (which is purely imaginative) is more important.... and IMHO....most of the successful persons on the earth were/are highly disorganized in a very organized way.....

I hope I have not written to the extent that people stop reading my posts now onwards... ;)
I dont know about others.... but for me.... you are a gem of a person...At least, I wont be missing any of your posts from now on... Hats off to you... Reason... neither I can explain it in words...... nor you feel it to be explained ;)

alroyraj

generally this is the most fav topic of mine to discuss and get into debate so i m always ready to give lecture and do not miss any opportunity... so as I did today... ;)

have lot more to write on this but next time... ;)
And discipline is an outcome of many things that individually contribute to trading success. Like keeping up to date with various traders perspective and systems i.e a good reading habit. Also being alert in recognizing a trading opportunity and a safe entry point. Alertness is contributed in no small measure by a healthy lifestyle including a fitness via an active gym attendance and off time where you tune off say after 9 pm IST. Early to rise and meditate and pray.
Various points that can be learned from him that can be considered as part of good trading practice . Take for instance a small list to trade from which is vetted in advance. This helps to avoid spreading one's energies thin.
Raunak's emphasis on high probability trades is key here. He enters early when the volumes is low to avoid the mad scramble when the volumes pick up thus creating a margin of safety.

Apurv7164

Apurv Bro... I would love to read that.... if possible can you please give the link ......I have been a strict follower of this concept or theory i.e. left and right hemispheres of brain....and I know that both of my hemispheres are below average.....But there is one third hemisphere in which both these hemispheres exist....and that is quite strong..and that is the only thing which gives me some hope in my life...As far as trading is concerned... IMHO....the operation of right hemisphere (which is purely imaginative) is more important.... and IMHO....most of the successful persons on the earth were/are highly disorganized in a very organized way.....
Thank you Crown... here u go with the link

http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...s-using-technical-analysis-85.html#post459105

on this note.... I am having my both the hemisphere working above average level but right hemisphere (emotional/imaginative etc) is working more than left and hence emotions screw my intelligence many times...

Bests,
Apurv

Last edited: