Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rrmhatre72

Wait few more minutes you will get to know the price.

If it is ITM, it won't go for auction but get exercised. Where you need to pay a higher STT than normal. I guess, if it's ITM you would probably losing more than if its in OTM. Let's calculate...
Hi Nac,

I have squared it off before market close. As I was not clear on this case.
But I want to know what would have happened?
I know if it is ITM it will go for auction.
But who has more problem, Option seller or Buyer?
Lets us take the same case.
My buying price is just 25paisa for 6000ce. Say market is closed at 6010.
This means Rs10 higher than option strike price of 6000.
This means I have right to buy at 25paisa. let us assume market opens next day at same level 6010.
Does this mean I am gaining Rs10/lot - 25paisa- STT & other charges?
If you can tell actually STT charges based on this example then it will be great....
Pls advice

nac

Hi Nac,

This means I have right to buy at 25paisa. let us assume market opens next day at same level 6010.
If you can tell actually STT charges based on this example then it will be great....
Pls advice
Option STT is .017% on sell premium; but in case of option getting exercised STT is .125% on settlement price. Again its not "auction". I am not sure about other charges (brokerage, Service tax, stamp etc). When option getting exercise why you are bothering about tomorrow's open price.

scplindia

Hi Nac,

Pls advice
Option do not go for auction. If it is in the money and if you have buy position, then the seller of the option, will have to give you the ITM value, when the exchange automotically exercises the option after 3.45 PM to 4.00Pm. You get paid the next day, the exact value of the ITM. If it is OTM, then the option just expires and the seller keeps all the premium.
It is closing value that is taken into consideration, not the next days opening value.
STT charges are standard STT charges and at the contract value (spot x no of shares), not the ITM amount paid to you.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Bro. Indebted to you. :)
Raunak Ji, wanted a suggestion.

After we discussed last, I had taken Delta at 79. It gave a good move and hesitantly I booked partial profit. Today, it witnessed some profit booking. looking at consolidation of Apollo hospitals, VIP and Indusind, had taken a small amount of these. They definitely demand some patience and it's all good.

My question was about profit booking. what should I look for while booking profit...for instance a 10-15% kind of profit or just booking a partial quantity and add more if the stock showing positive movement in the slightly longer term but a bout of profit booking in shorter term? Yes, strategy differs from person to person and risk appetite but should there be a conventional approach towards it?

Like, in delta corp, I took 200 shares at 79 and sold 100 @ 94 finding its previous all time high was at 92 odd level. Now, I have 100 shares but the price has come down to 89 or so. Am I missing something here?

Also should I add some to godrej Ind?

Thanks a ton.

SwingKing

Raunak Ji, wanted a suggestion.

After we discussed last, I had taken Delta at 79. It gave a good move and hesitantly I booked partial profit. Today, it witnessed some profit booking. looking at consolidation of Apollo hospitals, VIP and Indusind, had taken a small amount of these. They definitely demand some patience and it's all good.

My question was about profit booking. what should I look for while booking profit...for instance a 10-15% kind of profit or just booking a partial quantity and add more if the stock showing positive movement in the slightly longer term but a bout of profit booking in shorter term? Yes, strategy differs from person to person and risk appetite but should there be a conventional approach towards it?

Like, in delta corp, I took 200 shares at 79 and sold 100 @ 94 finding its previous all time high was at 92 odd level. Now, I have 100 shares but the price has come down to 89 or so. Am I missing something here?

Also should I add some to godrej Ind?

Thanks a ton.
Read this Post

Hopefully your doubts will be cleared. Else, don't hesitate posting. I will again explain it.

As of Godrej, don't add now. Wait.

Tc

SwingKing

Fresh Trades are listed here,

Code:
      Script          Buy Date     Traded Price  Current Price     Gain/Loss
       ACE        25th October 201     65.7           64.3           -2.18
Ahmednagar Forging15th October 201    125.7          151.75          17.17
Graphite Industrie25th October 201     96.6          94.75           -1.95
    Lanco Inds    25th October 201    63.45          61.95           -2.42
   3i Infotech    25th October 201    67.45          68.05            0.88
    Sona Koyo     25th October 201     20.9          20.55           -1.70
 Jain Irrigation  25th October 201     1180          1147.7          -2.81
Vardhaman Acrylic 25th October 201     14.9           15.4            3.25
  Bharti Sipyard  25th October 201     257           264.9            2.98
    JK Cement     25th October 201    176.5          180.9            2.43
Live tracking can be done on this google spreadsheet link,

Spreadsheet Link

Tc
These are the list of stocks which are good for investment.

Hero Honda
Essel Propack
Skumars
Sonata Sw
KS Oils
Rain Comm
Rico Auto (Less probable)

As usual between 3.15 to 3.30 I will post which of these stocks are actually traded. Previous stocks are listed in this thread and can also be tracked live using this sheet.

Spreadsheet Link

Tc

crown

Hero Honda
Essel Propack
Skumars
Sonata Sw
KS Oils
Rain Comm

As usual between 3.15 to 3.30 I will post which of these stocks are actually traded. Previous stocks are listed in this thread and can also be tracked live using this sheet.

Spreadsheet Link

Tc
Namaste Raunak Bhai

Bhai, what is the stoploss for 3i Infotech?
and bhai what will be criteria for KS oils to make long entry?
Thanks

SwingKing

Namaste Raunak Bhai

Bhai, what is the stoploss for 3i Infotech?
and bhai what will be criteria for KS oils to make long entry?
Thanks
3iinfotech if it closes below 66.

All the new entries are positive as of thursday. At 3.15 all will be reviewed and the one's looking positive will be taken.

All the Investments are based on Volatility breakout anticipation.

Tc

crown

Raunak Bhai
After having the guidance from you around sometime back, I am now trying to have it implemented. It was about having a structural trade. And this has really helped me a lot in understanding the charts and the markets and now I no more calculate/analyse put-call ratio for Nifty movements.
But bhai, I am having certain issues in being more precise. Very often, I am choosing the scripts which are less profitable and leaving the scripts which are good. Though, I tried to find out why I am choosing the wrong scripts in the bunch of short listed positive scripts, but still not able. Like last time I had to choose from, Nahar Spinning, Jagsonpal Pharma, Jindal Photo, Inox Leisure. India Infoline, Indoswift labs, Arvind Remedies. I chose Inox Leisure, India Infoline, Indoswift Labs and Arvind Remedies. For Arvind remedies you had also made a post, therefore it was more easy. But now Nahar Spinning, Jindal Photo, Jagsonpal Pharma which were left are doing great.
Can you help me in this?
I mean can I ask you to help me in choosing one script among 4-5 scripts so that I can understand where I am lacking?
Thanks bhai

scplindia

Hero Honda
Essel Propack
Skumars
Sonata Sw
KS Oils
Rain Comm

Spreadsheet Link

Tc
Raunakji,

Donot have permission to access the spread sheet.

Please provide access

Thanks
Prem Kumar