• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Raunakji,

DLF and RIL just crashed. Can we short them now

Cheers
Prem Kumar
Dear sir,
Thanks....still am unable to hold my mind to wait for eod ....here am still going wrong.....this readvice may be help to solve this type of approach from me....
Prem,

I don't know about Reliance. But DLF will be shorted if it continues to behave like this till EOD.

Tc

VJAY,

If you want to be a Swing trader, you have to deal with this. What if we short today and tomorrow it goes up by 5%. What will you do then? Can you deal with this stress? And more importantly can your account handle these gyrations? Do only those things which make you comfortable. If holding such trades is making you uncomfortable, then this clearly means that Swing trading is not for you. I had mentioned before, I am into DLF for next 2 months. At end of that period, with some certainty I can see that I will be in profit.

So, even if DLF rises 5% tomorrow or falls 10% today, I don't care. But, if you do, then my dear Swing trading is not for you.

I hate to say this, but I love losing money.

Tc

rrmhatre72

Prem,

I don't know about Reliance. But DLF will be shorted if it continues to behave like this till EOD.

Tc

VJAY,

If you want to be a Swing trader, you have to deal with this. What if we short today and tomorrow it goes up by 5%. What will you do then? Can you deal with this stress? And more importantly can your account handle these gyrations? Do only those things which make you comfortable. If holding such trades is making you uncomfortable, then this clearly means that Swing trading is not for you. I had mentioned before, I am into DLF for next 2 months. At end of that period, with some certainty I can see that I will be in profit.

So, even if DLF rises 5% tomorrow or falls 10% today, I don't care. But, if you do, then my dear Swing trading is not for you.

I hate to say this, but I love losing money.

Tc
This is the thing to be learned....
Anyway I do not have position in DLF but if it would have been then my condition would be similar to Vjay.....
Loosing on trade does not hurt me if it goes against me.... But winning trade getting into loosing trade really hurt..... Perhaps my vision is very short. Can not look beyond this trade. Eventhough I know this game is for two months.
Thanks for your words Raunak.... Need to set up my mind accordingly...
I think few roller costar rides in DLF will help in setting this mind set

SwingKing

Sir,

One thing which I admire abt u is ur calm attitude. u hv very much self control. everyone here knows u are a master at analysis. but I feel u r more a master in mind. I taken dlf with u and honestly with every minute my heart beating faster. just feel like selling it. is anyone else feeling same?

u say u r in this stock for 2 months. how can u handle so much stress? r u 100% sure u will be in profits at end of 2 months? are u not afraid of shorting stock today and it running away tomorrow?

plz help sir.

Adi
Adi,

Mental preparation is very important.

Every morning, for about an hour, I visualize every position I have dropping by more than 10 - 15% on intraday basis and EOD basis. Following this, I practice to remain calm in that state and try to focus on what my action would be seeing this. I keep practicing it. Currently DLF is down 4%, but I have already prepared myself for this. At the moment, I am sipping away on a very cold Vanilla milk shake whilst I watch DLF plummet to new lows.

Let me give you one more example. You go through my portfolio sheet everyday. Currently we have many stocks giving wonderful returns. Now, I am expecting markets to head in rough waters for the next 45 days. During this period, I expect most of my stocks to give away all the gains and many to trigger stop losses. Every morning, I visualize this and keep practicing exiting stocks and keeping my cool. This is what Trading and Investing is all about.

So again, if DLF now drops another 5%, you will see a similar post from me. Honestly, I don't Care.

Tc

PGDIMES

One advise which I would like to give all of you who swing trade is to "Drink lots and lots of water during trading hours". The more you drink, the better it is. In times of stress, take deep breaths and stand straight.

Tc
Actually I do the same...:cool:

Thanks for your suggestion...:thumb: