• March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jagankris

Hi Raunak,

Do you trade based on ADX, DI+ & DI-?
It seems it has created short signal on Nifty Daily chart
DI+ & DI- are crossing each other today.
practically, how trade should be initiated in ADX?
Do we take trade as soon as crossover happen or get this checked with other parameters to confirm the trade?
I am also eagerly waiting for Raunak Bhai's reply :).
Just my exp with ADX.
It is almost as same as that of MA cross over.Lags and nothing special for entries and exits.

DanPickUp

Hi Raunak,

Do you trade based on ADX, DI+ & DI-?
It seems it has created short signal on Nifty Daily chart
DI+ & DI- are crossing each other today.
practically, how trade should be initiated in ADX?
Do we take trade as soon as crossover happen or get this checked with other parameters to confirm the trade?
Hi

I now going to post a very provocative comment on your question. So, do not flip out or what so ever on it, as your question tangents many thoughts in this forum about how sure some body has to be to jump in the market.

What is going to change in your trading style if the answer is yes ?

Now, you see that it has created a short signal on the daily chart of a certain market, as it works all over the same IN THE SAME TIME FRAME.

DI + and DI - have crossed today ( On what numbers did they cross and are this numbers the right numbers to trade on ? Maybe for you but maybe not for me ! Aha, an other point I can ask and ask for, as he only uses numbers I not use . )

If I now present here other parameters, could it be, that this parameters are only working for me and you would still feel uncomfortable with them ?

If you now would have five indicators and they would tell you all : It maybe is the right time to jump in the market, would you do that ?

Let us guess, it would be like that. So what would this mean for you ?

You have your answer and now you think you would be on the winning side. We now would have to come to the main question !

How would you jump in the market ? How would your money management look for this certain trade ?

The answers to that is what you have to have. You can wait for years that the market comes to your pattern and you miss all the other possibility, just waiting of some thing because MAY not have excellent money management plans.

I know, this was quit provocative and I know, that many in the forum just search for perfect patterns and indicators instead of concentrating on incredible good MM.

Take care :)

DanPickUp

gauharjk

Raunak sir,

Today was quite a day... I went long Nifty on all supports... 5400, 5360, 5333

And all 5 CEs went dead...

Now, I only have 1 Mininifty March lot bought @5375. As you can see... it went down another 100 points after I bought it... It was a freefall....

What is your opinion for March? Should I get rid of my lot at any pre-budget rally? Will there be a rally at all?

Brent Crude is @$115...

Cheers!

when the markets are moving up there seem to be no resistances and when moving down no supports.FII s do what they like.

god help people who realy wish to invest in indian markets.:(
most of the midcaps have fallen in value by more than 50 % in about 3 months.
talk about price erosion :mad:

people with faint hearts are better away from this lousy market.

That move to 5373 was completed yesterday.It even ripped out that support area, and just kept going. The market is now at a decision point. It was stopped dead in its tracks at the weekly cloud. This area has to contain, or the upside target takes on a different look. Friday is a bull candle, or else.

Visualize, it was predicted. It is headed to circa 5628 before it reverses.
This is why I do not give any attention to the fundamentals. We should see a correction to circa 5373.

Our economy here in the USA is the shambles. but DJIA has had a bull candle 19 of the last 24 months.
They say when crude oil decreases the USD/CAD increases, because the CAD gets stronger. Both have been very bearish lately.

DanPickUp

Hi

As some of you soon will start to move to Pune to the meeting with Raunak, I wish a good journey. No accidents for the onces which have to move long distances.

I also wish all of you a nice meeting and a good time with Raunak SK. Hope, that all of you can profit from this meeting and please do not forget a present for Raunak, as he takes the effort to teach knowledge for free.

DanPickUp

jagankris

Raunak sir,

Now, I only have 1 Mininifty March lot bought @5375. As you can see... it went down another 100 points after I bought it... It was a freefall....

What is your opinion for March? Should I get rid of my lot at any pre-budget rally? Will there be a rally at all?

Brent Crude is @$115...

Cheers!
Gauhar Jk,

I always see you trading counter trend :).
We will do one thing.

I always early exit or goof up with multiple strategies and I don't have the discipline.

Either you trade exactly opposite what I do but * 4 or I will do what ever you do exactly opposite *4.And we will share the profits :)

I am sure daily we will end up in profits. :)

Raunak sir,

Brent Crude is @$115...

Cheers!
Support is considered as support till it holds. Once broken it becomes a resistance. Supports and Resistances are known to hold in sideways range bound market action. In strong trend no support is strong enough to hold the prices from going down and no resistance is strong enough to hold the prices from going up.

Supports and resistances are meant to be broken in trends....if they dont how will the trend develop ? So dont consider supports and resistances as something unbreakable.

So many people go contrarian and trade against the trend....but the secret of successful contrarian traders is they go contrarian in the last leg of the move and they have deep pockets. We traders cannot afford that luxury and there is no reliable way of finding out where the last leg of the move is and we dont have unlimited supply of capital....so we should trade according to the trend which is in force.

Whatever I have said above applies to trading....if you are investing with 3-5 years timeframe then it may not be applicable...but even in that case buying when the market turns up with a clearcut stoploss is a prudent way.

Best wishes for your current position....hope you get out with minimum damage.

Smart_trade