Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oilman5

First of all i must thank Raunakji from my heart for treating us so well @pune meet.
Selflessly helping young learners what is reqd to do and understand real trading.
some pt which r in memory ...........i may express for the benefit of who can not join..........[not in order ]
1] use convergence concept...........for use of momentum tools
2]inherent weakness of rsi
3] how to rsi in a system of trading.....80/40 vs 60/20
4] In trade learning use 1 stock to experiment , use it longdays so without losing much u master ur emotional reaction/what to be done at real trading at market /experimentation on system/practicing winning /losing trade journal writing separately............ITS KEY CONCEPT GIVEN FREE FROM A WINNING PRO (pl follow it)
5]to understand/practice money management.........just enter, then manage.....so handling money management /exit principle may come in ur blood.
6]Use for swing style trade ...........MA + high beta stock
7] WATCH LIST..................extremely beaten stock/sector...........bottom fishing concept
8] Organise u /ur system/trading place/trading time/trade life...........ur personality
..............imp of record keeping
9]clarification regarding smart money
10] how to understand big fall coming.................strong stock start correcting and weakest sector falla quickly , compare againt NIFTY

11] Market reversal.............see less,think more. RSI model..........is 40 holding?Do fundamental OK..............buy now, just manage afterwards
Rsi holding,fundamental
not overvalued , market starts trending ..............buy in pullback.
12] Drawdown analysis is must for any successful trader..........after comes behavior modification.
13]Use TA as a managing tool, use of weekly chart/MA tool/trend
14] postion sizing model / 1/2% loss per trade size
calculate probable pt where u shall ur trade is wrong stoploss below that. So stoploss is defined(k) . Now simply calculate .5% of total portfolio,say 15000. Devide 15000/- by k . Round about that number is ur position size.
alternately volatility based model of risk model..............define high- low = range daily , convert to ATR , stop should be outside 1 atr, ( i personally prefer > 2atr ) Now use that stop gap to devide loss amount as mentioned ..........u get position size.
ADD on winner concept..............add same size @ 1/2 atr up ( i prefer @ 1times atr..........but in swing no addition)
15] u reqd target in swing .............say 8%.Use concept of peer/rel strength.Create a model for u first.
.........................bye bye............
Thanks to all

SwingKing

Create a model for u first.
.........................bye bye............
Thanks to all
Dear Oilman5,

Thank you for the kind words. Hope you all found everything in Pune fine.

It was a privilege to hear from someone like you and meet all those who came for the meet. I hope everyone benefited from the psychological insights you gave. Wish we had more time in our hand.

Nevertheless, there's always the next time.

Tc

Diwali,I don't have that Nifty on my demo platform.I've been tracking the NSE Nifty. I don't know if this helps, but MT, I see it moving up to the weekly tenken at 5687, which will probably contain the up move, and then a reversal will carry it to the 4900's and below. The longer term, for now is more speculative as the charts take on a different look as time progresses.
I don't know if you can draw a correlation with the NSE. By looking at your chart, there is not enough information for me to comment, because my own methodology is not plotted on there.

Is more fall remaining in BANKNIFTY? :D

SwingKing

Dear Members,

For those who attended the Pune Meet, kindly confirm here and with our Super Moderator, that there was no Business promotion done on my part. I know most of you are travelling currently and whenever you get back to our forum, please get this confirmed.

There has been some confusion between Forum Owners & Me regarding Pune meet being used to promote my business/site/forum etc. As far as I know, I did not even let out my company's name/office address/site's name/forum name/etc to anyone in the meet. The meet was called "Pune Meet" and all we discussed was Markets & Investments & had a wonderful time.

On the contrary, I spoke in defense of many members of this forum and appreciated Traderji.com's effort in Investment education. I also spoke about AW10, Dan,Savant, Columbus, SH, Enygma and other members for whom I hold deepest respect. I don't hold Traderji responsible for thinking this way and its not his fault. But it was my mistake that just days before the event, I did not notify him again. Taking moral responsibility of the same, I have asked him to remove me from Moderators post from immediate effect.

I would appreciate if members who attended the meet could give feedback to our Super Moderator that the meet was only used to promote healthy investing. I do not want to damage my close association with him.

Regards,

Raunak

Last edited:
Thank you so much Raunak and Traderji.com for Pune Meet It was the great learning day have cleared many doubts which is possible only meetings like this in person...I am greedy to have another day like this soon...also pleased to meet all participant Friends.. Thanks for sharing there experiences.

"Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations." -- George Bernard Shaw

Your teaching is purely contributed the traderji thread there is absolutely no doubts at all.. though we reqested you for meet before you were Moderator.
Dear Supermoderatorji, From my side I assure you that there is no Marketing, Business Promotion from Raunakji.

Last edited:

Pralhad

Dear Raunakji,

Thank you very much for your kind invitation to Traderji Pune Meet!!

I really appreciate your efforts to arrange the meet to share your valuable knowledge among Traderji fellow member.

I also thank you oilman5 on behalf of all member of meet regarding your excellent Traders Psychology Speech.

-----------------

There has been some confusion between Forum Owners & Me regarding Pune meet being used to promote my business/site/forum etc. As far as I know, I did not even let out my company's name/office address/site's name/forum name/etc to anyone in the meet. The meet was called "Traderji Meet" and all we discussed was Markets & Investments & had a wonderful time.
------------

Taking moral responsibility of the same, I have asked him to remove me from Moderators post from immediate effect.

------------

Regards,

Raunak

Dear SuperMod Traderji,

It is sad to see the misunderstanding between you and Raunakji. From my side I assure you that there is no Marketing, Business Promotion from Raunakji....I hope you will not accept Raunakji's resignation from Moderators post.

Thanks & Regards,
-Pralhad

Dear Members,

For those who attended the Pune Meet, kindly confirm here and with our Super Moderator, that there was no Business promotion done on my part. I know most of you are travelling currently and whenever you get back to our forum, please get this confirmed.

There has been some confusion between Forum Owners & Me regarding Pune meet being used to promote my business/site/forum etc. As far as I know, I did not even let out my company's name/office address/site's name/forum name/etc to anyone in the meet. The meet was called "Traderji Meet" and all we discussed was Markets & Investments & had a wonderful time.

On the contrary, I spoke in defense of many members of this forum and appreciated Traderji.com's effort in Investment education. I also spoke about AW10, Dan,Savant, Columbus, SH, Enygma and other members for whom I hold deepest respect. I don't hold Traderji responsible for thinking this way and its not his fault. But it was my mistake that just days before the event, I did not notify him again. Taking moral responsibility of the same, I have asked him to remove me from Moderators post from immediate effect.

I would appreciate if members who attended the meet could give feedback to our Super Moderator that the meet was only used to promote healthy investing. I do not want to damage my close association with him.

Regards,

Raunak
Dear Super Mod Traderji
The meet organized by Raunak, was totally noncommercial in nature in all means. Raunak & Oilamn shared their expertized & we newbies were privileged enough to get some insight & on personal note i gained a lot.
Raunak, thanks being a selfless & gracious host.
Looking forward for more similar kind of meet in future.
Regards
Rajesh

Dear Members,

Regards,

Raunak
Dear SwingKing,

It is unfortunate that some misunderstanding has been there but there is absolutely no need to resign from being a Moderator. We as moderators have additional responsibility of not only being fair but also appear fair to all the constituents of the forum . If any misunderstanding, we can talk it over and ensure that these lapses do not happen in future. Lapses ( if you may call them ) are as under :

1) Proper permission of the forum owners should have been obtained by informing who all are attending, whether any technical sessions will be there, who will conduct those session, code of conduct which will be followed at the meet . With this information the final call is of forum administration and we should respect their decision.

2) Calling this meet as "Traderji Meet " is incorrect unless the participants are broadbased (followers from all the threads) and unless there is proper permission obtained from the forum owners which will allow the use of "Traderji forum platform to get the attendees " and "Traderji name for the meet ".

But the above are minor lapses and I have brought it to your notice so that in future you can adhere to these points. The lapses may be viewed as a technical lapses.....and I am sure Traderji managenent will condone them.
Final call in this matter is of Traderji himself.

You may carry on with good work as usual ,no need to resign......

Regards,

Smart_trade