TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software)

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

You have to get a 4G SIM card from nearby reliance stores and if you are existing customer of Reliance net connect they give you this SIM card free.After that go to their site and give number of that SIM card and the old dongle in online updating form and buy a 4G device which they are giving at discounted price of Rs 899.Netconnect has stopped working now.

Smart_trade
strange, none of the emails mentioned that netconnect has stopped working :mad:. Also, it doesn't say when will the 4G start working. Is there a window period between the two ?

Anyway, why does a person need 2 things ? The 4G sim and the 4G datacard ?

TracerBullet

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Relliance 4G is completely WI-fi and it may not have a USB port to which I can connect my desktop through a LAN cable or USB .Desktop does not have Wi fi card and I am told you get some adopters which can catch the Wi fi signals and feed the desktop through a USB port,like small adopters we get for wireless mouse. I don't want to lose my trusted workhorse desktop.

Has anyone tried such adopters .?

Smart_trade
yes, i use TP-LINK adapter ( with antenna ) plugged into USB for desktop. Works fine, no problem. There is a newer model too. Alternately can also use PCI slot based ones that will stay inside desktop ( have not used them).

There are many many options available in amazon ( search wifi adapter). TPLINK, DLINK are known and should be ok, netgear too maybe.

vijkris

Learner and Follower

Relliance 4G is completely WI-fi and it may not have a USB port to which I can connect my desktop through a LAN cable or USB .Desktop does not have Wi fi card and I am told you get some adopters which can catch the Wi fi signals and feed the desktop through a USB port,like small adopters we get for wireless mouse. I don't want to lose my trusted workhorse desktop.

Has anyone tried such adopters .?

Smart_trade
ya there are many wifi adapters. i m using netgear usb wifi adapter(internal antennae) since 2007. looted college wifi using desktop :D.
i did not buy pci wifi internal modem as it is not plug and play. buy only usb adapters. it is easy to install.
here in hyderabad they said 4g modems will be available from jun 3 onwards. already 4g sim is being distributed to postpaid customers.
i m prepaid, so have to wait :mad:

Someone please clarify this for me. Why does one need a 4G sim and then a 4G data card ? Will one need to buy a 4G handset too ? Or will the sim/data card be plugged into PC/laptop through an adapter ?

strange, none of the emails mentioned that netconnect has stopped working :mad:. Also, it doesn't say when will the 4G start working. Is there a window period between the two ?

Anyway, why does a person need 2 things ? The 4G sim and the 4G datacard ?
Reliance 4G is SIM based.So 4 G sim is to be put into the data pod which one has to buy .I have done all the process yesterday and now waiting for my data pod.

ST

Reliance 4G is SIM based.So 4 G sim is to be put into the data pod which one has to buy .I have done all the process yesterday and now waiting for my data pod.

ST
Ok. So the 4G sim + the data pod work as a dongle. I get it.

Meanwhile, how's it working at present ? Did you get any email about the discontinuation of 3G ?

Please keep us updated about this.

Which scheme do you use ? I am using postpaid 40GB @Rs 999 pm.

heloo everyone can anyone suggest some good shops in nehru place for computer repair and parts.

Ok. So the 4G sim + the data pod work as a dongle. I get it.

Meanwhile, how's it working at present ? Did you get any email about the discontinuation of 3G ?

Please keep us updated about this.

Which scheme do you use ? I am using postpaid 40GB @Rs 999 pm.
No mail from them but as Reliance Netconnect did not connect on Friday,I contacted their customer service and those people told me that Netconnect dongle is phased out and upgrade to 4 G. Last few days they were sending messages for upgradation to 4G .

I use postpaid Rs 750 plan which gives me 15 GB per month. As I have alternate Hathway connection also it is sufficient for me. Now thinking of discontinuing Hathway cable modem and Wi Fi router with Tata Indicom Wi Fi dongle as the alternate ISP......

Will keep you informed on Reliance 4G data pod progress.

ST

^k^

TP Sir,Reliance Netconnect 27th May se band ho jaayega aisa email/phone/sms Reliance communation se 2 weeks se aa raha tha.

Online dongle ke liye apply kar diya hai.

Reliance 4G is compulsion now :(

My plan was 5GB Day,8GB Night,750Rs+Taxes.

TP Sir,Reliance Netconnect 27th May se band ho jaayega aisa email/phone/sms Reliance communation se 2 weeks se aa raha tha.

Online dongle ke liye apply kar diya hai.

Reliance 4G is compulsion now :(

My plan was 5GB Day,8GB Night,750Rs+Taxes.
Actually no email/phone/sms received but a lot of sms saying that "Your 4G sim card has been despatched". No sim received either, will have to visit their store.