TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software)

LOVEENAJYOTHI

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Dear all
has anyone downloaded the HOTFIX talked abt in the below link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/2640103

If yes, can u pls Upload n share link ?

HOTFIX REQUIRED for:

O.S. :: WIN7 SP1

"Faulting module name: clr.dll" error message when you run a Microsoft .NET Framework 4-based application.

SYMPTOMS
When you run a Microsoft .NET Framework 4-based application, the application may crash intermittently. When this issue occurs, error event that resemble the following is logged in the Application log.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: SomeApp.exe

Application Timestamp: ****

Fault Module Name: clr.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.0.******

Thnx Rgrds

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Since Sunday, my rcom netconnect (reliance 3) dongle is showing red light continuously. The connection is working, but very very sluggishly.
mine is old model.. only blue light. u should contact customer care.
maybe u have to reinstall or in your area low speed 1x network is there.:confused:

Roaming in dongle is always troublesome. And I faced it during my TN/Kerala trip, last year. Better go for a new dongle for Delhi only, if spending more time in Delhi these days.
I am getting 40GB for Rs. 999 with Reliance netconnect 3. All the other alternatives are very expensive comparatively. I seem to use up 15-20GB per month.

DSM

What can I learn in one minute that will be useful for the rest of my life? - Prathyush Poduval

https://www.quora.com/

Note : Where :( appears in the answer replace with : and ( without space :)

1)Using QR code to grant wifi access :

“Hey, what’s your Wi-Fi password?” Either you have asked this or a friend has asked this of you, but now, instead of handing over your password or setting up a guest network, you can direct their attention to a QR code. Simply head to http://www dot qrstuff dot com/ website, then enter your Wi-Fi details, and a QR code will be generated. This QR code grants access to your Wi-Fi network. You can print it off and then stick it anywhere in your house for a friend to scan whenever they visit.

2) Make a font from your handwriting :

A website called Handwriting font creator can convert your own handwriting into a typeface you can download to your computer and universally use.

3)Watch blocked content :

There are websites like netflix and bbc iplayer that can be viewed only from specific countries. But a free chrome browser extension called Hola allows you to visit websites that are otherwise blocked in your country.

4)Find direct link to download music :

To find a direct download link for music, search
[album or song name] -inurl:(htm|html|php|pls|txt) intitle:index.of “last modified” (mp3|wma|aac|flac)

and replace [album or song name] with the name of your song.

It tells Google to show webpages that offer direct download links to the music you're trying to find.

5)Find direct link to download Movies or TV shows :

To find a direct download link to a movie, search
[movie name] -inurl:(htm|html|php|pls|txt) intitle:index.of “last modified” (mkv|mp4|avi)

and replace [movie name] with the name of the movie or TV episodes

It tells Google to show webpages that offer direct download links to the movie you're trying to find.

6)Finding study material :

To find study materials for exam, search
site:edu [subject] exam

and replace [subject] with the subject name

7) Send message to mobile using email :

Use the format given on http://www dot notepage dot net/ to message to a phone using your email address

8)Turn browser into notepad :

Want to write something down quickly? paste this in the address bar of chrome:

data:text/html, <html contenteditable>

and you can write anything on your browser

EDIT 1:

9) Finding direct download link for ebooks and pdf file :

[book name] -inurl:(htm|html|php|pls|txt) intitle:index.of “last modified” (pdf|doc|docx)
Replace [book name] with the name of your book

10) finding download link for any file :

This search is for finding direct download link to any file provided you know it's name and file extension:

[File name] -inurl:(htm|html|php|pls|txt) intitle:index.of “last modified” (file extension)

Replace [file name] with the name of your file and file extension with the file extension. If the file can have more than one extension, then you can write all of them and separate them with ' | '

DSM

Internet backup plan for Mumbai area :

Folks, any suggestion for backup internet provider? I am presently using Tata Telecom's internet services. However, there have been consistent problems with net disruptions. So am looking for an alternative - possibly MTNL. The question is :

1. How's the service in Mumbai area?

2. What is the @ data consumption for running NEST and Trade Tiger/Day?

3. Is 8MBPS 12/22 GB good enough? No downloads of movies. Occasional Youtube videos only.

Appreciate any feedback...

Thanks

TracerBullet

Internet backup plan for Mumbai area :

Folks, any suggestion for backup internet provider? I am presently using Tata Telecom's internet services. However, there have been consistent problems with net disruptions. So am looking for an alternative - possibly MTNL. The question is :

1. How's the service in Mumbai area?

2. What is the @ data consumption for running NEST and Trade Tiger/Day?

3. Is 8MBPS 12/22 GB good enough? No downloads of movies. Occasional Youtube videos only.

Appreciate any feedback...

Thanks
1) I have heard that it depends on your location/exchange. But anyway, for me, mtnl with adsl has been very good for maybe a decade or more. I use 1-1.5mbps unlimited plan.
2) Nest - I am streaming 6 scrips. Download speed stays at 1KB/s - so usage should not be concern - max 25-50mb a day, probably lot less
3) Better log your own usage for a month to get estimate if your ISP shows. Else On PC, can use free program - NetSpeedMonitor. But will need to monitor phone/tablet too.

DSM

Thank you TracerBullet. Appreciate your feedback.

1. Have decided to go for MTNL as the primary ISP. Will use Tata Internet backup. Unfortunately have been missing quite a few good fills due to time lag which is apparent with Tata Internet 1 MBPS connection, and so have decided to in for 10 MBPS/20 GB plan for Rs. 1,000+Taxes plan.

2. I am running NEST 12 scrips approx (NSE Index+Options+Commodities) and Trade Tiger with similar no of scripts. I spoke to Sharekhan Tech team and understand that TT data usage can be upto 200MB per day for entire stock and commodity session.

3. Another issue I presume would be with Quick Heal Anti Virus that has been installed for a few months since my last HDD crashed. I understand that its scan can be quite intrusive (continuous scan) Is it safe to disable it if the only other website used is TJ, Reuters, Investing dot com etc? Wondering....

1) I have heard that it depends on your location/exchange. But anyway, for me, mtnl with adsl has been very good for maybe a decade or more. I use 1-1.5mbps unlimited plan.
2) Nest - I am streaming 6 scrips. Download speed stays at 1KB/s - so usage should not be concern - max 25-50mb a day, probably lot less
3) Better log your own usage for a month to get estimate if your ISP shows. Else On PC, can use free program - NetSpeedMonitor. But will need to monitor phone/tablet too.