Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

Dear RKSV,

I had transferred 62000rs into my account as margin money and on 22nd Jan 14 (yesterday) bought Asian paints Futures 1000qty expiry on Feb at 473.7rs

I was able to see 1000qty in my Holdings end of the day on 22nd and today morning too. I did not do any trading today, but RKSV 'SOLD' my 1000qty at 477.4rs today

Now two things:
1. How on earth RKSV can sell my futures contract without my conscent, I wanted to hold it more thats the reason I bought it for Feb exipry on the first place. Grrrr, I hope there is some valid explanation for this else I am gonna close the account and start negative campaiging about you to my friends.

2. I see my total available balance as rs 64874.55. As per the brokerage calcularor for dream plan the brokerage(I know what I mean and that I am speaking of final amount debited here including brokerage and SEBI fees) should not be more than 200 rs (2 buy orders of 500qty each and 1 sell order FORCEFULLY done by rksv of qty 1000)
The profit should be 3500rs approx after deducting brokerage of 200rs(200rs arrived by 2 buy 500qty and 2 sell 500qty, although only one sell 1000qty the brokerage should be little lesser than 200 but never mind), then my final balance should be 65500rs,

I really need an explanation on how the calculation arriving at 2874rs profit was done(should be 3500rs even though RKSV forcefully on its own will sells the holdings of its client whenever it wishes) . else this RKSV can very well be deemed as FRAUD

I will be questioning this tomorrow morning at the back office too, today they fooled me into saying 'we will call back shortly' and made me wait like a pig but never called back and gave false info that back office will be open till 10pm, I just ended up getting that voice message when I called back at 7pm after a long wait.

About me: I am a new joinee into rskv pool who got his account activated on monday this week with a asterix star.

asterix star - apparantly my Dmat account has not been linked by rskv guys even though i had given them my existing Dmat acc details and they even made me send the details again. Now just waiting for them to link my rksv trading account to my already existing dmat acc. I was earlier in HDFCsec there brokerage was high and service was poor too so I decided to slowly shift to another side.

I am good as long as there is an explanation, and personally I feel to stick with costly broker than with Fraud but cheap ones. Hopefully rksv is not what I am thinking right now.

PS: I DO NOT one fine morning wish to see that on a day earlier an intraday order had been placed by my broker WITHOUT EVEN MY KNOWLEDGE (FORGET ABOUT MY CONSCENT) and my entire portfolio had been wiped out in that single trade.

Also should be noted that had I got a clear reply to my query when I called backoffice (assuming there exists a reasoning or explanation as to why this happend) I wouldnt be screaming or shouting around in a public forum like this. I for one value my brokers business, but only unless and untill the business itself as we speak is not based on lies. Also I do not have any right to judge or comment on RSKV as of now (except for that service thing where I was made to look like a fool waiting :( for a reply ). But soon I will have the right to, once I receive OR If at all I receive a clear responce and reason .

Also, I do understand that point 1 above might have got to do something with margin, I guess I got to spend more time understanding how system works rather than jump right into the battlefield hoping to learn on the go. But, I am still surprised about the point 2 I mentioned above (brokerage related)) there is nowhere a mention about hidden charges and comeon tell me about it 625rs more was deducted(with total deductions 850rs roughly) how on earth ?
Hi sir,

Just spoke to the risk team. They informed me that everything is okay. Your position was never squared off and is still open. Your question on MTM was also resolved (we didn't deduct any money from your account, it was actually profit for you).

If you have any more q's feel free to write or call us anytime.

Hope that helps.

Hi sir,

Just spoke to the risk team. They informed me that everything is okay. Your position was never squared off and is still open. Your question on MTM was also resolved (we didn't deduct any money from your account, it was actually profit for you).

If you have any more q's feel free to write or call us anytime.

Hope that helps.
Hi Sir,

Regarding my earlier post, sorry my bad, I got a call today morning, it was clarified that my positions are still intact and nothing have been quared off. However I still do not see my positions on nest.rksv.com (the online Nest version) maybe I am not seeing in the right place, but doesnt matter as once I get my internet up on my home PC i will be using terminal for trading again.

I was also clarified that my profit of 700rs(round figure) was credited on the second day and that I saw earlier of rs2800(round figure) was credited on the first day. So I am good here too.

As mentioned on phone, going forward I will try my level best in every possible way to get in touch with RKSV through back office and will post my grievences here only if I dont get an answer after several attempts.

Fact that I got a call this morning means RKSV are serious in this business not like those HDFCSEC guys who are sitting on a pile of money and take everything for granted 1. nothing close to NSE NOW trading terminal for doing trades, theirs only web and phone versions available and both suck big time. 2. they charge very high brokerage, esp for scrips that are less than 10rs and they never allow trading in scrips below 2.5rs so if you bought something at 3rs and price falls to 2 rs, god alone knows how you are gonna average your cost price, let alone averaging even booking losses would be a pain then, even margin provided are not great just normal by them and I really wonder how are they having even a single client!! beats me!!.

I just want my DMAT account to be linked to rksv now asap so that I can get rid of HDFC for good.

For that matter they are making money only by having tie ups with IT companies forcing employees to open account as a salary account, and I bet if some other bank sees that and cracks it then these HDFC guys would be totally out of business, I bet it would be safe to hold short positions on their scrips for long term traders.

One more thing about HDFCSec I have been dying to say: This is When you have a 3 in 1 Account with them, let me explain with an example, suppose one buys 10000rs worth of shares, for this 10k+charges will be transferred from savings account to trading account, and then you take delivery, further down the line suppose you sell the assets, then they will be settling things by T+2 trading days, meaning they will NEFT back the 10k(+ profit or loss - charges)back to the savings account. Now the issue really here is they CHARGE for those NEFT transactions (Hold and release actions, although they claim they dont, but I have verified from transactions some money is deducted but not as a seperate 'NEFT charge' transaction though, rather deducted with the amount transferred) and besides bank account statement gets messier every month due to several payins and payouts happening. So, I decided to call customer care and ask them if I can be given a choice to continue holding the money in my trading account after T+2 days, since they already have an option in trading account limits section to either Hold or release funds I could very well use it as and when needed to release the funds to my savings account, so effectively I will be just controlling or rather disabling the 'Automatic Pay-outs after T+2 days from trading account', such a simple request and they say IT IS NOT POSSIBLE, and NOT EVEN POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO TAKE THIS AS A CONCERN WHICH THEY MUST LOOK INTO(why? the money they earn from NEFT charges will decrease? thats the only reason I can think of lol). man you got to be kidding me, the trading platform they had built is for US traders to make use of and we are paying them hefty brokerages just to get these kind of answers?, what harm would it ever make if the user/trader had control on pay-outs from his trading account, people who dont want will simply not opt for it but would it ever harm to keep that choice? especially when there are strong arguements supporting the use of it?

Never go for HDFCSEC never never never never never ever.

Hi Sir,

Regarding my earlier post, sorry my bad, I got a call today morning, it was clarified that my positions are still intact and nothing have been quared off. However I still do not see my positions on nest.rksv.com (the online Nest version) maybe I am not seeing in the right place, but doesnt matter as once I get my internet up on my home PC i will be using terminal for trading again.

I was also clarified that my profit of 700rs(round figure) was credited on the second day and that I saw earlier of rs2800(round figure) was credited on the first day. So I am good here too.

As mentioned on phone, going forward I will try my level best in every possible way to get in touch with RKSV through back office and will post my grievences here only if I dont get an answer after several attempts.

Fact that I got a call this morning means RKSV are serious in this business not like those HDFCSEC guys who are sitting on a pile of money and take everything for granted 1. nothing close to NSE NOW trading terminal for doing trades, theirs only web and phone versions available and both suck big time. 2. they charge very high brokerage, esp for scrips that are less than 10rs and they never allow trading in scrips below 2.5rs so if you bought something at 3rs and price falls to 2 rs, god alone knows how you are gonna average your cost price, let alone averaging even booking losses would be a pain then, even margin provided are not great just normal by them and I really wonder how are they having even a single client!! beats me!!.

I just want my DMAT account to be linked to rksv now asap so that I can get rid of HDFC for good.

For that matter they are making money only by having tie ups with IT companies forcing employees to open account as a salary account, and I bet if some other bank sees that and cracks it then these HDFC guys would be totally out of business, I bet it would be safe to hold short positions on their scrips for long term traders.

One more thing about HDFCSec I have been dying to say: This is When you have a 3 in 1 Account with them, let me explain with an example, suppose one buys 10000rs worth of shares, for this 10k+charges will be transferred from savings account to trading account, and then you take delivery, further down the line suppose you sell the assets, then they will be settling things by T+2 trading days, meaning they will NEFT back the 10k(+ profit or loss - charges)back to the savings account. Now the issue really here is they CHARGE for those NEFT transactions (Hold and release actions, although they claim they dont, but I have verified from transactions some money is deducted but not as a seperate 'NEFT charge' transaction though, rather deducted with the amount transferred) and besides bank account statement gets messier every month due to several payins and payouts happening. So, I decided to call customer care and ask them if I can be given a choice to continue holding the money in my trading account after T+2 days, since they already have an option in trading account limits section to either Hold or release funds I could very well use it as and when needed to release the funds to my savings account, so effectively I will be just controlling or rather disabling the 'Automatic Pay-outs after T+2 days from trading account', such a simple request and they say IT IS NOT POSSIBLE, and NOT EVEN POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO TAKE THIS AS A CONCERN WHICH THEY MUST LOOK INTO(why? the money they earn from NEFT charges will decrease? thats the only reason I can think of lol). man you got to be kidding me, the trading platform they had built is for US traders to make use of and we are paying them hefty brokerages just to get these kind of answers?, what harm would it ever make if the user/trader had control on pay-outs from his trading account, people who dont want will simply not opt for it but would it ever harm to keep that choice? especially when there are strong arguements supporting the use of it?

Never go for HDFCSEC never never never never never ever.

hi rksv,

cover order is always MIS order??

if we forgot to close the order.. it should square of that same day at 3.15pm??

pls reply

thanks
Hi gvrdaytrade,

Yep, cover orders are always MIS. We do flash a warning on the terminal before 3:15 PM to inform traders to square off their positions.

Rksv customer support is very cool :xD

You drop them email they won;t reply to email But they will call u on your mobile and get the issue solved lool

thats one of reason i shifted from my old broker to rksv completely :)

One thing i hate about Rksv is ..
They will not allow u to put SL-M order for Buying option
i was given stupid reason ( risk ) lol ( i know there are risk option is risk always so my money my risk u should allow it Or atleast allow for user who are willing to take it )

apart from that no issues

Last edited:
Rksv customer support is very cool :xD

You drop them email they won;t reply to email But they will call u on your mobile and get the issue solved lool

thats one of reason i shifted from my old broker to rksv completely :)

Two thing i hate about Rksv is ..

They will not allow u to put SL-M order for Buying option
i was given stupid reason ( risk ) lol ( i know there are risk option is risk always so my money my risk u should allow it Or atleast allow for user who are willing to take it )

My trading style is i prefer to buy option like if it;s trading at R.s 9 ..i prefer to buy that only if it crosses R.s 13

I really don;t care at what price ..once if it crosses 13 i don;t mind if SL_M order buys that at R.s 16 or R.s 18

and rksv will not allow u that

Another thing is Rksv wil not allow u to modify SL_M order for sell side to limit order in options
You have to cancel Sl-M order first and then place new order zzzzzzzzzzz

apart from that no issues
Hi!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Really helps us. On the SL-M orders -- buying options just gets extremely risky. We've outlined this topic before on Traderji. Prior to NEST, we had to block market orders altogether on F&O. Now with NEST, you can use market orders everywhere except buying options. We're hoping to fix this in the future as well.

Now, with SL-M to Limit -- that should be possible on our system. I don't know your ID so if you can shoot us an email we can get in touch and show you how.

Thanks

Last edited:

saakk

NEST is getting disconnected and re-connected every 10 min, my charting software is working fine on same NET connection. Any body facing same issue?????