USDINR Trading by a Bank trader

Sell the 2mnth over 1 mnth spread if its above 28 after the 20th of the month. And square it a day before expiry. You will invariably make 5-6 paisa. This is due to exporter roll overs into month end.
could you [or anyone who understood] please elaborate on this a bit....

thanks...
I think what he is saying is :
- after 20th of the month and before the expiry date,
- if the gap between the next month and current month's futures is more than 28 paisa,
then
sell the next month and buy the current month.

I may be wrong.

Jack, can you please clarify this further ??

Hello Friends,
I'm back.

Its not my intention to spoon feed you exact entry, exit techniques. But I want you to get thinking in the right direction.
Do you know technical indicators work a lot better in USDINR then in other G7 currency pairs. May be it is because the currency pair is still not widely followed, so there is still a lot of edge available.

If you had just went long on break of 2hrly candle's high and went short on break of 2hrly candle's low, you would have made 20% return in past 6 months. And that's without the leverage. Even 1:10 leverage would have made this 200% return in 6 months!!. Isn't it awesome.

Also, you can news trade USDINR as it doesn't react as fast as G7 currency pairs.
Jus2 2 days back on 1st Jan. When the US Fiscal cliff was reported resolved, USDINR was the only currency pair open for trading in the world. So, I immediately bought 54 strike Jan expiry puts for 15 paisa. And yes, it doubled in money to 30 paisa in just 1 day.

So, I have given you 2 hints today.
1. BreaKouts work in USDINR.
2. Follow the news.

augubhai

If you had just went long on break of 2hrly candle's high and went short on break of 2hrly candle's low, you would have made 20% return in past 6 months. And that's without the leverage. Even 1:10 leverage would have made this 200% return in 6 months!!. Isn't it awesome.
Hi Jack,

I do not have intraday charts of USDINR, so these queries.

1. Did you mean go long/short on break of every H2 candle, or just the 1st H2 candle of the day?
2. Is the startegy intraday, or are postions carried overnight?