Very Simple Method to Earn Money from Options without knowning anything about options

vssoma

Re: Very Simple Method to Earn Money from Options without knowning anything about opt

There are software available that you can buy. However, I am a software Engineer (MS from BITS, Pilani), so I have developed my own software. The software has lot of facilities but it is still in development.:)

If you want to develop your own software, please see the following link for formulas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeks_(finance)
yaar....dena hain to excel form mein dedo....woh to harmari bas ki bath nahi hain.

mastermind007

Re: Very Simple Method to Earn Money from Options without knowning anything about opt

There are software available that you can buy. However, I am a software Engineer (MS from BITS, Pilani), so I have developed my own software. The software has lot of facilities but it is still in development.

If you want to develop your own software, please see the following link for formulas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeks_(finance)
yaar....dena hain to excel form mein dedo....woh to harmari bas ki bath nahi hain.
Swami,

you can download the basic calculator that I created from here:
Black and Scholes Calculator

Enter data in yellow sections. results are as labelled. Mine is very basic which I had created before I found a web-connected version from Sharekhan. This is still useful and is meant for those who want to use as well as understand the calculations. From time to time, I do create charts and plots in Excel which I've removed for sake of size.

Only terms for usage are:
(a) You are free to improve the color scheme, you are invited to share your results here at your discretion.
(b) If you find error in calculation, you must inform everyone here.

If you are a Sharekhan customer, they also have a free calculator with builtin ability to download data from web. I often use their version when trading with options but I've added lots of things in my version so I cannot upload that. As far as I checked, both calculate identically.

Last edited:

gmt900

Just one observation.
Although we are buying and selling options, the profit will depend on the premium collected by us for the options sold. So we should be entering strategy when the volatility is high. When you took the trade, volatilty was quite low.
If one were to go for short strangle, one should take the trade when VIX is high. If one wants to take the trade suggested by pannalal, should one wait for VIX to go higher or it does not matter when you take the trade?

mastermind007

If one were to go for short strangle, one should take the trade when VIX is high. If one wants to take the trade suggested by pannalal, should one wait for VIX to go higher or it does not matter when you take the trade?
IMO, VIX matters.