Volume Profile and Market Profile a new wave of market picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRAY27

Yesterdays VAH acted as a resistance.

Smart_trade
Yes da !!!

The Opening in VA brings 80 % rule into play with waiting period (IB )!!!

Some 20 years back I read an article by Peter Steidlemeyer ( hope the spelling is right) in Stocks and Commodities magazine which I used to subscribe. This market profile idea I liked and started plotting a,b,c, d etc on Y axis for 10 min bars....but I used to get confused...sometimes we used to get a good bell shape curve, sometimes 2 bell shapes, some time no shape....so how to use it in trading was a big question .

Now after 20 years with XRay's thread MP now making more clear applications for me....thanks for that XRay.

Smart_trade

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Good work Xray Bro, came to TJ after a long break and saw this thread. Its awesome...

XRAY27

Some 20 years back I read an article by Peter Steidlemeyer ( hope the spelling is right) in Stocks and Commodities magazine which I used to subscribe. This market profile idea I liked and started plotting a,b,c, d etc on Y axis for 10 min bars....but I used to get confused...sometimes we used to get a good bell shape curve, sometimes 2 bell shapes, some time no shape....so how to use it in trading was a big question .

Now after 20 years with XRay's thread MP now making more clear applications for me....thanks for that XRay.

Smart_trade
Thanks Da !! for this complement !!
one thing is there is the way of these gurus present the concepts makes it so difficult that its impossible to understand in context of trading !!! thanks to the price action knowledge , particularly from your post/s ,which made to understand the concepts...

Dalton uses the term CLEAN trend for this ...

But your chart of the same concept which was your observation is so simple to understand (GAP)

Vipul_84

Yes XRAY Bro, Smart Trade sir has tremendous capacity to explain in simple terms. He did same with all the Demark's methods. :thumb:

And you too are quite same :lol:

one thing is there is the way of these gurus present the concepts makes it so difficult that its impossible to understand in context of trading !!! thanks to the price action knowledge , particularly from your post/s ,which made to understand the concepts...

But your chart of the same concept which was your observation is so simple to understand (GAP)

Vipul_84

Try with 1 min chart, and again these values would be slightly different. So that is expected with varying time frames. No other reason as such...

hi,

i am using afl given in post no 24 (on 15 minute chart) my values are slightly different
YVAH = 8664
YPOC = 8622
YVAL = 8602

can somebody explain why this difference is there in values.

thanks,s

XRAY27

The initial balance is 2 consecutive 30 min candles so, its is always better to trade with that concept only ..

if we down grade the time frame to lower levels ..how can we apply 80 % rule !! if opening is in VA area !!!

But people just go with AFL and do buy sell above and below VA's...thats not the concept !!! Learn whole subject then apply it !!!

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Timeframe change imparts some change in values...so we see 30 min timeframe as mentioned in the thread. The difference will be a few points only.

ST
the change in values of value area changes with change in T/F due to inefficiencies of our charting platform. if 1 min base is selected, the calculation shall be based on 375 bars (C or mid value of that bar depending upon the afl/code). the bigger the T/F the more distorted values of VAs are obtained. My 2 cents on this observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.