Which shares to buy for long term - 10 Years +

alroyraj

Ill bet on wipro as bonus date around corner .So again stock will go down and again in long term will reach the space.....

But for long term i believe we all are dead as lehmen

So ill luve to invest in 10 sectors individually rather than buying one plus not to sell untill 10 years complete whtsoever the market gives in between
You must have seen that article where it said that HUL and Wipro have not yielded any returns if invested at the peak of 2000. So avoid Wipro.

magnet

Anyways ill decide the sectors and my bet on it..Their may be many but my bets on my favourite 10s

Right now sectors

1::Automobiles::
2::Banking & INsurance::
3::Metals::
4::Telecom and communications related::
5::Natural GAS & OIL::
6::Commodity related like sugar,fertilizer and even FMCG::
7::Future sectors like genetic field,security systems and nuclear product related:
8::Government PSU
9::Shipping and logistics
10::Health care & Pharma::

Last edited:

magnet

You must have seen that article where it said that HUL and Wipro have not yielded any returns if invested at the peak of 2000. So avoid Wipro.
I see that true even for Reliance at 3k before bonus......I wont talk about technical levels...I am more on fundamental side.....So levels doesnt matter to me...but never buy share on present market rate always put 2% lower rate(atleast i do that)

And i guess in long run that must be counted sir

magnet

1::Automobiles::Tata Motors,ashok leyland ,bajaj or hero honda,amtek auto and mahindra and mahindra..One related to automobile sector but not pure in it Apollo tyres

2::Banking & INsurance::Reliance capital(looking for banking license),AXIS ,Hdfc(if it take overs banks like dcb),BOB,Kotak

3::Metals::Tata steels,jsw steels,Sessa goa(Buy only when it goes below 300 and consolidate presently too much volatile)

4::Telecom and communications related::RCOM,Idea,Sasken communications,Tata tele,Infotel(when listed....i myself got caught in hfcl infotel hearing news that its same company but now said fresh equity will be issued),and reliance infratel(but again(value of share must be consider when it comes)

5::Natural GAS & OIL::Rnrl( ya u heard it right) ,Reliance, Aban offshore(Not now as they just lost 55% revenue rig...their finance Balance sheet will hit the stock badly in few months),Cairn india (to be number 2 after reliance and will be as bigger as we see ongc now)

6::Commodity related like sugar,fertilizer and even FMCG::HUL,marico,ruchi soya,godrej consumer,gnfc gsfc..Sorry sugar bet only when their is shortage not now...

7::Future sectors like genetic field,security systems and nuclear product related: L&t,punj lloyd,seimens,Praj industries,zicom and zylog systems...For genetic i need to check sorry

8::Government PSU:: SBI , Lic housing,NPCIL(if ever it gets listed),Allahbad bank or andhra bank,bhel ,hindustan petroleum,uco bank,vijaya bank,shipping corporation

9::Shipping and logistics:: Mercator lines,psl,pipavav related companies like pipavav shipyard...and gujarat pipavav when its listed need to check rates,mundra port

10::Health care & Pharma:: Dr reddy,glenmark,fortis healthcare,opto circuits and lupin(right now expensive...if it touches 1500 than try)

Sectors other than above(Power,aviation,IT,Realty etc)::Jsw energy,reliance power ,Spicejet,adani power,suzlon,torrent power,crompton greaves..and siemens again ..

Sorry no realty bet right now...But in construction HCC looks a good bet for long term

rajeabc

Nope within next 5-7 years out of 3 operators 2 may exit...........
your whole article is based on above assumption and I do not agree with this so did not read full article as it was based on a flaw assumption. I read few analysts saying the same thing . I can't believe how can even they think such thing that a big company will pack up from such a lucrative and profitable business. Off course now telecommunication sector is looking mature so please be ready to accept that kind of returns in future unlike as in past.

Look at European countries , few of them are smaller than few telecommunication circles in India but they have multi companies in their market.
As industry mature business will have to find better business models to generate revenues . I can tell you one thing, going forward Voice data might be free and revenue will be generated from Digital and high value added services.
So just wait and watch Indian telecommunication industry has just started walk , long way to go . May be in his long Journey few drivers get tired and give the steering to another driver but BIG BUS( BIG companies ) will be there.

magnet

Dude/sir what u missing or have wrong understanding right now is telecom is profit making institute in India.....
That was way back (when bharti was trading at 450)but after per second billing u see where the shares are trading...If u talk about VAS sorry thats not part of bharti rcom stuff thats manage by third party like onmobile global....
Telecom is bleeding badly here....For profit they looking in SA for tie up as no second billing sense prevail there....

http://www.dnaindia.com/opinion/column_why-telecom-will-provide-both-sunrise-and-sunset_1395615

Banking is safest bet, it may not give you spectacular returns, but a safe and steady return could be assued
sbi, hdfc, axis and kotak are good bets, stay away from icici though it is relatively undervalued with respect to its peers, but again performance is also subdued

praveen taneja

Haan too big target i just bought 5 shares for short term and u telling it to keep it for long...

But will i disagree???..lolz ofcourse not
Ihave last week invested 66% of my available capital in Relcap and balance I left for in case of a crash in mkt to avg:clap:
But off course we are having same quantity of 5 but I only have a few 0 in front of 5:rofl::rofl:

magnet

Ihave last week invested 66% of my available capital in Relcap and balance I left for in case of a crash in mkt to avg:clap:
But off course we are having same quantity of 5 but I only have a few 0 in front of 5:rofl::rofl:
Just hope u big fishes dont eat us...Right now saying zero doesnt carry value...but i know much about it :lol: