Who will cry when you die:- robin sharma

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkarnani

A message from Rhonda Byrne
Creator of The Secret !​

The New Year's Resolution That Will Change Your Life

There's one simple message that's threaded through my books, and it's the most important message anyone can hear if they want 2014 to be the best year of their life.

Do whatever you can to feel good, because when you feel good, life will be good. The better you feel, the better life will get! Think about, talk about, and focus on the areas of your life that make you feel good, and temporarily keep off the subjects that don't make you feel good. When you do this one simple thing, everything in your life will get better, whether that's better relationships, health, money, or better circumstances with your job. Nothing in your life can ever improve until you feel better, and when you feel better, everything will improve. Make feeling as good as you can your number one priority for 2014, and it will be the best year of your life!

Happy New Year!

May the joy be with you,

Rhonda Byrne
The Secret... joy for billions

amitrandive

35) Remember that Awareness Precedes Change

You will never be able to eliminate a weakness you don’t even know about. The first step to eliminate a negative habit is to become aware of it. Once you develop an awareness about the behavior you are trying to change, you will be well on your way to replacing it with one that is more helpful.

36) Read Tuesdays with Morrie

Read Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, A Young Man and Life’s Greatest Lesson. A real – life account, the lessons Morrie offers during these moving Tuesday sessions include: how to avoid a life of regret, the value of family, the importance of forgiveness and the meaning of death, where he makes the powerful remark, “Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” This beautiful little book will remind you of the importance of counting your blessings daily and having the wisdom to honor life’s simplest pleasures no matter how busy your life becomes. One of the legacies I will leave to my two children will be a library of books that have inspired and touched me. And Tuesdays with Morrie will be one that will sit out in front.

amitrandive

37) Master Your Time

Commit yourself to managing your time more effectively. Develop a keen sense of awareness about how important your time really is. Don’t let people waste this most precious of commodities and invest it only in those activities that truly count.

38) Keep Your Cool

Anyone can become angry-that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right person, and in the right way –that is not easy. The problem with losing temper is that it becomes a habit. Personal relationships start unraveling, business partnerships begin to fall apart and your credibility decreases as you become know as a ‘loose cannon’. Use the 3 gates strategy. Speak only if the words you are about to utter pass the 3 gates. At the 1st gate, “Are these words truthful ?” At the 2nd Gate, “Are these words necessary ?”.At the 3rd Gate, “Are these words kind?”If so only then utter these words.

rkkarnani

35) Remember that Awareness Precedes Change

You will never be able to eliminate a weakness you don’t even know about. The first step to eliminate a negative habit is to become aware of it. Once you develop an awareness about the behavior you are trying to change, you will be well on your way to replacing it with one that is more helpful.

36) Read Tuesdays with Morrie

Read Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, A Young Man and Life’s Greatest Lesson. A real – life account, the lessons Morrie offers during these moving Tuesday sessions include: how to avoid a life of regret, the value of family, the importance of forgiveness and the meaning of death, where he makes the powerful remark, “Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” This beautiful little book will remind you of the importance of counting your blessings daily and having the wisdom to honor life’s simplest pleasures no matter how busy your life becomes. One of the legacies I will leave to my two children will be a library of books that have inspired and touched me. And Tuesdays with Morrie will be one that will sit out in front.
Another excellent BOOK, a must read ! :thumb:

amitrandive

39) Recruit a Board of Directors

One client of mine has a difficult approach to the concept of having a board of directors. A seasoned entrepreneur and a participant in one of the monthly life coaching programs I conduct across the country, this woman told me that during her periods of silent contemplation, she sits in a room with a pen and pad of paper and writes down a problem that she is facing. Sometimes it involves a difficulty in a relationship, sometimes it concerns a money issue or at other times a struggle that is more spiritual in nature.Once in a state of deep relaxation call your personal board of directors to solve your problems. The Twist? The members on your board may not even be alive. “Ask how would you deal with this issue ?”Appoint your own board of directors from history, any brilliant persons you admire whether they are dead or alive and consult them in the times of your crisis or your greatest challenge.

40) Cure Your Monkey Mind

To get the best from life you must be completely present and mindful in every minute of every hour of every day. Our minds are like unchained monkeys, rushing from place to place without any pause for peace. By developing present moment awareness and an abundance of mental focus, you will not only feel much calmer in your life, you will also unlock the fullness of your mind’s potential. When too many distractions compete for your attention, the power of your mind is dissipated in all those different directions rather than concentrated on one point like the rays of a laser beam. The good news is that you can practice becoming more attentive to the present and develop this skill within a relatively short period of time.One of the methods for doing this is to practice ‘Focused reading’.Everytime your mind wanders from the page into a daydream or a worry, make a checkmark in the right-hand margin of the page. This simple act will increase your awareness of how poorly you concentrate and since awareness is the first step to change, help you to build the skills you need for a clearer, quieter mind.

amitrandive

41) Get Good at Asking

The more you ask, the more you get, but it takes practice to get good at it. You might be surprised at the abundance that will flow into your life when you just ask sincerely for the things you want. Remember, the person who asks for what he wants at least has a chance of getting what he wants. The person who does not ask has no chance.
Every arrow that hits the bull’s eye is the result of a hundred misses. The more you ask the more you get, but it takes a practice to get good at. It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.

42) Look for the Higher Meaning of your Work

The job of a leader today is not only to make good money but to make meaning. One of the best ways to find the higher meaning in the work you do is to use the technique of creative questioning to become aware of the impact your work has on the world around you. Ask yourself questions like, Who ultimately benefits from the products and services my company offers? Or What difference do my services my company offers? or What difference do my daily efforts make? Once you do so, you will start noticing the connection between the work you do and the lives you touch. If you are a financial adviser, remain centered on the fact that your services help people retire early, build the homes they have always wanted and fulfill their dreams. If you are an insurance professional, remember that you help people bring security to their lives and serve them in times of need.

amitrandive

43) Build a Library of Heroic Books

While almost any reading will improve your mind, in a world where there is too much to do, you must be selective in the books you readAnd so, I suggest you spend much of your time reading what Thoreau called “The Heroic Books” – those books that contain “the noblest recorded thoughts of man.” Let your mind drink deeply from the works of the great philosophers, such as Epictetus and Confucius. Study the poems of the wisest poets, such as Alfred Lord Tennyson, Emily Dickinson and John Keats, and thenovels of Leo Tolstoy, Hermann Hesse and the Brontes. Read the writings of Mahatma Gandhi, Albert Einstein and Mother Teresa.

Connecting with such works for even a few minutes a day will keep you centered on what life is really about and will ultimately profoundly affect your character.

44) Develop your Talents

“The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become.”There is a difference between simply existing and truly living. There is a distinction between simply surviving and really thriving. The sad thing is that most people have lost sight of the human gifts that lie within them and have resigned themselves to spending the best years of their lives watching television in a subdivision.Too many people spend more time focusing on their weaknesses rather than developing their strengths. By concentrating on what they don’t have, they neglect the talents they have.Too many people spend more time focusing on their weakness rather than developing their strengths. By concentrating on what they don’t have, they neglect the talents they do have. The greatest people who have gone before us all had a simple strategy that ensured their success: they knew themselves. They made the time to reflect on their core abilities – those special qualities that made them unique – and spent the rest of their lives refining and expanding them. You see, we are all endowed with the capacity for genius. Perhaps you have just not taken the time to discover what your personal gifts are and then honed them to the level where you are considered brilliant.

amitrandive

45) Connect with Nature

After a busy week of speaking engagements, book signings and media appearances, the simple act of sitting in a wooded park and listening to the wind move through the leaves fills me with a sense of quite and peace. My priorities become clearer, my obligations seem less pressing and my mind grows still. Communing with nature is also an excellent way to unlock your creativity and generate new ideas.Communicating with nature is an excellent way to unlock your creativity and generate new ideas. Natural surroundings serve to stifle the endless chatter that fills our mind so that out true brilliance can be liberated.

46) Use your Commute Time

So many of the highly successful and enlightened people I know share a common habit: they listen to audio cassettes in their cars. In doing so, they transform their driving time into learning time and make their automobiles moving universities. Turning your car into a “college on wheels” will be one of the best investments you will ever make. Rather than arriving at work tired, frustrated and dispirited, listening to educational audio cassettes will make your commute fun and keep your inspired, focused and alert to the endless opportunities around you.

amitrandive

47) Go on a News Fast

Become more selective in the news you expose your mind to. Before you start reading the newspapers have a purpose in mind. Use it as an information tool to serve you and make you wiser rather than as an excuse to help you pass the time. One of the best ways to wean yourself from the “news addiction” that so many of us suffer from is to goon a seven – days news fast. Vow not to read even one negative story in the newspaper or watch even one negative news report on television for the next week. You will notice two things. First, you will not really miss out on much information. You will still hear about the most important stories of the day from the conversations that circulate around your office and through your encounters at home. Second, you will feel much more peaceful and serene. As well, you will find that the seven – day news fast offers yet another benefit: more time to do the things that will truly improve the quality of your life.

48) Get serious about setting Goals

“Something magical happens when you write down your goals on paper.” In my opinion, setting clearly defined goals for all the areas of your life works for three reasons. First, it restores a sense of focus in your world, a world that has become complicated by too many options. In this age we live in, there are simply far too many things to do at any given time. There are too many distractions that compete for our attention. Goals clarify our desires and, in doing so, help us to focus on only those activities that will lead us to what we want Setting clearly defined goals for all areas of our lives has three benefits. The first it restores a sense of focus in your world. A world that has become more complicated by too many options. The second is that it keeps you alert to opportunities. And the third is that clearly defined goals commit you to a course of action.

amitrandive

49) Remember the Rule of 21

It takes about 21 days to develop a new habit. Yet most people
give up on creating a positive life change after only the first few days when they experience the stress and pain that is always associated with replacing old behaviors with new ones. New habits are much like a new pair of shoes: for the first few days, they will feel uncomfortable. But if you break them in for about three weeks, they will fit a second skin.Once you get past the first 21 days you will notice that staying on course with a new habit will be far easier than you imagined. The quality of your life will be determined in large measures by the nature of your habits.

50) Practice Forgiveness

When you bear a grudge against someone, it is almost as if you carry that person around on your back with you. He drains you of your energy, enthusiasm and peace of mind. But the moment you forgive him, you get him off your back and you can move on with the rest of your life.It is also one of the best ways to elevate the quality of your life. I have discovered that every minute you devote to thinking about someone who has wronged you is a minute you have stolen from a much worthier pursuit: attracting those people who will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.