Windows 7 & ODin problem.

Vikas ,

For BSNL broadband connection, i dont think any modem router driver will come in to Picture .The only things come in are PPPoE connection ( provided by MS ) and network adapter drivers .( Provided by MS and Laso the provider , in my case Dell ) . May be in Kumars case he need drviers as hes trying a USB modem.

Naresh

i am asking for patch with ODIN...And not with windows...Either MS should provide us patch or our brokers must gives us a patch for ODIN..Else not move to web based trading or get 1 wi-fi modem..:annoyed: which looks stupid....

I have driver CD and when i install it works and able to connect the net.But i cannot access DIET only...:annoyed:t i can browse, download,chat etc...:annoyed:

Hope vikas dose something for us...

received an email from Microsoft .

As per the response given by our escalation team I would like to inform you that the issue is actually not with Windows, but rather how the application interacts with Windows. Since we have determined that this software is not listed as compatible with Windows 7 and the problem is in how the program interacts with Windows 7 dialup and not with the dialup networking itself, I am sorry to inform you that in this case you might have to contact the Odin Diet Tech Support as they might be able to assist you in a better way.

I might not understand correctly about their statement with dialup networking , but i understand that its BYE Bye Windows 7 for time being

( Its an amazing development of windows where an application works fine in Beta and doesnt work in RTM .)
Naresh

received an email from Microsoft .

As per the response given by our escalation team I would like to inform you that the issue is actually not with Windows, but rather how the application interacts with Windows. Since we have determined that this software is not listed as compatible with Windows 7 and the problem is in how the program interacts with Windows 7 dialup and not with the dialup networking itself, I am sorry to inform you that in this case you might have to contact the Odin Diet Tech Support as they might be able to assist you in a better way.

I might not understand correctly about their statement with dialup networking , but i understand that its BYE Bye Windows 7 for time being

( Its an amazing development of windows where an application works fine in Beta and doesnt work in RTM .)
Naresh

Our broking house might take years to find a solution and provide the patch to these **** issue..

Personally i feel windows 7 is just a service pack for windows vista..:D But they have release as OS...:lol:

findvikas

Personally i feel windows 7 is just a service pack for windows vista..:D But they have release as OS...:lol:
I feel its just another Windows 3.1 as it takes same amount of time to boot as Win3.1 used to take.. and yeah you can use Mouse... oh come on.. thats not new it was with Win 3.1 as well.. why they have to rename the OS. Yeah they have file explorer... what big deal it was there in 3.1 as well... ahh 3d games... come on I still love Doom, Pacman & Dave.. oh don't forget the Wolf "3d"

Not trying to convince you to use Win7 just trying to explain what hasn't changed is our view.. technology has definitely changed for better.

Ask someone who use computers more than 26 hours a day to understand the power of Win7 and possibilities of the new Era started with it. I might sound over passionate for technology but that's my life.

I feel its just another Windows 3.1 as it takes same amount of time to boot as Win3.1 used to take.. and yeah you can use Mouse... oh come on.. thats not new it was with Win 3.1 as well.. why they have to rename the OS. Yeah they have file explorer... what big deal it was there in 3.1 as well... ahh 3d games... come on I still love Doom, Pacman & Dave.. oh don't forget the Wolf "3d"

Not trying to convince you to use Win7 just trying to explain what hasn't changed is our view.. technology has definitely changed for better.

Ask someone who use computers more than 26 hours a day to understand the power of Win7 and possibilities of the new Era started with it. I might sound over passionate for technology but that's my life.

And windows also improved a lot now a days :) . Earlier they used to relase the new version in market then start releasing updates /service packs for all the problems . I never forget the release of XP . That was horrible . But after XP experience even microsoft is doing some good research on their own OS before releasing it .

As of now , Only ODIN is not working for me on WIN7 . I converted my laptop to dualboot now till we get a solution .

Vikas , As a lover of Microsoft and windows 7 , Can you give me some more specific fields where we have much improvement excl Multimedia ?
(search option is too good , but with more custom drives indexing is a bit slow )

Naresh

findvikas

Well the list is super long and you need to see what kind of User as you.

A comprehensive list, it still may miss few features here and there.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/what-is-windows-7.aspx

My personal favorite is new Taskbar, Snap, Multi touch support (planning to buy a touch screen LCD), some times its too easy that I feel not challenged enough :p

If you are a keyboard shortcuts fan and work with multiple windows opened at a same time... try using Windows + Arrow Keys to Resize the window all around the desktop.

EDIT: About your case... that email was send from some outsourced partner of Wipro/Convergys may be. I have asked for escalation and assign it to full time MS employee. These Wipro/CVG guys are really denting the image of Microsoft Support.

About your case... that email was send from some outsourced partner of Wipro/Convergys may be. I have asked for escalation and assign it to full time MS employee. These Wipro/CVG guys are really denting the image of Microsoft Support.
I know :) . The support lady doesnt even know what is a broadband (PPPoE )connection is . I asked for an escalation on the first day . but they did after too many days that too after their manager calling me asking PERMISSION to escalate . :)

Naresh