Worth sacrifice my Job for Day Trading??

Can I leave my job which paying 2.5L p.m to do day trading and make more money?

• Although risky, Day trading, if done wisely, can bring more money than what you earn now!

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Don't do that!! 2.5 Lakh/month is a good pay seeing all the risks involved in the volatile market!!

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Can't say!!!

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
Hello everybody,

I'm working in one of the Oilfield Services Company abroad with a monthly salary of 2.5 Lakh, have been trading from time to time through HDFC SEC for the past 3 months. Now, I'm dragged into this crazily and so excited about this trading, but not able to focus much on trading due to my job. Similarly, I'm distracted on my job due to these trading activities. It should be either of them. What you people think if I leave my job and start engaging in day-trading (margin or cash & carry) with a initial turnover amount of 10-15 Lakhs? I have paid and subscribed to couple of websites for their day trading power calls. I know the risky part, but will it all worth at the end??
you are earning well enough.

Why do you want to leave this job and do trading? The reason cannot be money alone. Its up to you to weight the pros and cons.

however , if you do decide to venture into day trading. Be prepared to set side funds for at-least 1-2 yrs. It will take a minimum of 2 yrs for you to get profitable consistently.

you will get your first salary ONLY after 2 yrs minimum. Don't think you are smarter than others and you will make money easily after few months. Also be prepared to lose money.

Finally, make sure you have no other obligations or commitments. e.g Family/wife/Gf/children..etc.

Trading is a long hard lonely journey and very few manage to reach the destination.